2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

710 results found

1. please add the tools math and chemistry equation,

please add the tools or plugins ,how can create a math and chemistry equation in adobe indesign cs6 or cc upgrade version, i can't create a equation. i used olad applcaition adobe pagemaker 5 or 7 i can create the math and chemistry equation in it , but i cant create a equitation in it i used the 3rd party plugin
    http://www.mathmagic.com/product/pro.html , this appcation i used it in adobe pagemaker, but this plugin i can't used it in indign cc or cs6 , i want a eqautiion in text document in default setting , size and font ,
    reply…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create linked text boxes and assign different colors for text in each text box.

Hello,
    I would like to be able to create linked text boxes and assign different colors for text in each text box. The linked text boxes can have different background colors. You can create it manually by selecting text and changing its color, but what if an editor removes or adds a paragraph? If in box A background was white and text was black, and in box B background was black and text white, then if a paragraph in box A was removed, text from box B (white) will move to box A and will become invisible in box A…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Endnotes as bibliography, reference one source multiple times.

When creating a bibliography often times you must reference one source multiple times.

the way that it is set up now, adding a new endnote creates a new entry at the bottom. there is no way to reference something twice.

Obviously this creates concerns when considering navigation, as it works both ways now.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Text Variables in Floating Window/Pod

Text Variables needs a dockable window/panel/pod. Pull defining new variables out of the Text menu and put it in a panel that we can access without having to drill down through the UI.

Having Text Variables available in a panel in this fashion would let us place the cursor, double-click to add a variable, move the cursor via arrows and double-click the next variable. We would also be able to click several variable in a row without having the laboriously drill down through the UI to get to the list. This is very frustrating when you have several dozen variables…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show warning if you try to spellcheck checked-in text

If you spellcheck a text which is checked in no changes will be made. You only get the information that 0 changes were made. This behaviour may be logically correct, but it i user-unfriendly.
    Please inform the user that he/she is spell-checking a checked-in text. Plus: Allow him/her at this point to check out the text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

monospaced fonts! the ability to make any font a monospaced font (especially for numbers so phone numbers line up on business cards)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Find/Change "negatively" on a paragraph/character/object property (i.e., look for a style set to anything BUT 13pt)

It would be nice if find/change had to ability to search for everything BUT something. For example, if I had a style named "text" where the leading was defined as 13pt but I wanted to only find instances where the leading was NOT set the 13pt because of some local override. But these overrides might be 14pt or 15pt, but that would required 2 or more separate searches. I don't necessarily know how many paragraphs have been locally overridden from the set 13 unless I page through and look for each paragraph by sight. I realize the local Style Override…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop underlining words after dot.

Indesign underlines after the dot the words that begin with small letter. This is wrong in the case of abbreviations. Indesign should either recognize the abbreviation either there must be a way to signal the correctness of the word that begins with small cap.
    Example: typing the text " bla bla ex. blah" will result in underlined 'blah'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. option boxes with sizes need different default behavior

for all boxes where you can edit a size, please make the default behavior that when you click in the box to edit the size it selects everything. that way you can just click on the box and put in the new number. If for example a text size is 10px, please when I select the box, select everything so that I can just type in 14 to make the size bigger. If I type in 14, you should just keep it in pixels. Or if I type in 14pts, change it to points. Editing sizes right now is annoying…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Functionality to edit story order for InCopy and ADA reading order

We update documents several times a year and have just started using InCopy. It would be beneficial to have the ability to control the story order to match your layout. This could be utilized to sync the order when viewing in the story editor mode (especially in InCopy) and additional functionality to pair with Acrobat when setting up ADA compatible file reading order which we do on every file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Text Variable as a consecutive number

Possibility of defining and inserting a text variable as a consecutive number of the list.
    Thanks to this variable it will be possible to number subsequent words in a sentence. For example (1) thing, (2) thing, (3) thing etc, or thing1, thing2, thing3 etc. There are infinitely many possibilities. Verse of poetry at the end of the verse etc. References to comments which are not endnotes or footnotes (without laborious definition of cross references). Sometimes it is necessary to list the words or any fragment of text within a paragraph, or to add numbered references to comments inside the text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Folder structure in saved queries

I need to organize saved Search/Replace queries into folders. Just like styles.

(Now I have a few dozens of queries in a very long list. Plus some document/workflow has special queries, so I don't want mix them. A folder structure would be more straightforward)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ENHANCED CROSS-REFERENCES - FOOTNOTES

I was working on a document where the client had references in footnotes to other references: e.g. "See footnote 6". It would be great to have that be an auto updating cross-reference. (like paragraph numbers or page numbers work now)

You can already choose the "footnote" paragraph style, but the reference footnote number cannot be included in the script. Please fix that

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Grep style formatting for variables

Active linked variables and Grep styles do not work together.

When you use variables and paragraph formats with Grep styles, you have to set the variable back to text and lose the link, to enable formatting with the Grep style.

Variables should be handled by InDesign like normal text, with all features of formatting etc.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Text Hotkey window tool

A windowed tool that allows you to assign "Hot keys" to font styles where you could quickly edit text on the fly. The text hot key tool would have an activated switch so when its on, it applies your hot keys and when its off everything goes back to normal. This would mostly be used for references where authors names are italicized, body copy is regular and numbers are bold. I know it is similar to the eye dropper tool except you would be able to edit all at once rather than have to go back to each style. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Easy way to convert text to outline while exporting

Most of our printers still ask for fonts to be outlined.
    Unfortunately the process to outline is very complicated and usually results in bullets, text box backgrounds and underline/over-lines disappearing. I also don't always want to flatten the whole document but simply rasterize the text. Especially when sending something to print that has different ink layers. Being able to outline text in the Export dialog box would be the best solution. This way I don't have to save a separate document or undo all my changes before saving so I retain my text in the Indd file.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Convert the selected footnote to the endnote and vice versa.

Convert the selected footnote to the endnote and vice versa.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let baseline shift be expressed as a percentage of the font size

If I've created a paragraph style, sometimes I add a character style with a different size for specific purposes, usually either a bullet point or a quote mark (to highlight a pullquote, for example).

In practice, this means a bullet point is usually smaller, and the quote mark is larger than the rest of the paragraph text. I alter this size as a horizontal and vertical scale, NOT a specific size in points, as this lets the characters scale in proportion when I alter the type size of the paragraph style.

However, I usually also include a baseline shift in…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base