1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Undo create outlines

The ability to undo anything especially the outline of text “ “anytime” even in illustrator or photoshop... not just backwards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Character palette dropdown menu needs to expand full within workspace (revised post)

Apologies, but I posted this before but forgot to include screen grabs. In InDesign CC 2018 when I selected a typeface from the character window drop-down menu, the drop-down expanded to fill my workspace vertically no matter where my character palette was on the screen. Now in CC 2019 it only expands to show 19 or 20 fonts in a much smaller drop-down window. I would love either to go back to the way it was before or have the option to enlarge the drop-down typeface selection window.

See the difference between CC 2018 and 2019 in the screen shots.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to have list indents work near text-wrap objects

Currently, when text containing bulleted or numbered lists wraps around an object, all indents associated with the list settings are ignored (this might be related to tab settings, since those don't follow the wrap either). The typical workaround is to change the Text After to an en-space and add an "Indent to Here" character, but the en-space trick won't work for numbered lists and "Indent to Here" won't work if the text wrap edge is not perfectly straight vertical. See the attached screenshot for a demonstration based on real work I did yesterday. In order not to disrupt existing layouts,…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move objects to a different layer through F/C dialog

Would be nice if F/C dialog allowed moving text (and so forth text frames) to a specific layer. Actually this is only feasible per script. User could deport specific text frames to a specific layer in a easy way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to use a footnote multiple times on one page

I'm working with tech documents and spec lists that often have one footnote applying for several items like:

Item A
    Item B (footnote 1)
    Item C (footnote 2)
    Item D (footnote 1)
    Item E (footnote 3)

Instead of having footnote 1 listed twice (which looks very odd and consumes space), it would be awesome to have some slick way to deal with this without the need of working with crossreferences and alike.

I'm aware of adding a superscript 1 for the second appearance but it doesn't automatically counts up when adding a new footnote prior to the automatic footnote.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Corners option fill default to 0p

Whenever I create a new text box, I get the default of outline set to 1p. I always forget to change this, and in editing have to go back and remove all these boxes from picturs, etc. This wastes a lot of time. Have not found where I can set this, saving a changed empty doc does not seem to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter by font style

In the filter section of the font live preview, please give us to option to select normal vs. italic to further reduce the number of options shown. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility to keyboard shortcut Semibold (and other text formats)

As I am working for a company who has Semibold in their product names I struggle with this for a long time. In Flyers and documentations I have to select Semibold from the dropdown menu every time because I have not found a working script for Indesign or anything else that solves this 100%. Why is it even not possible to create own Mac OS shortcuts for this operation? In my opinion an obsolete problem that doesn't belong in 2019

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rotating a linear gradient used in paragraph shading

At the moment there is no level of control for rotating a linear gradient used in paragraph shading. Please add that functionality.

Thanks, René

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Jesus! I pay a frickin' fortune for this software, but I can only have support for Arabic if I have an African release of InDesign.

Just put in the frickin support for right to left text already. FFS you should hang your heads in shame Adobe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hyperlinks report

The Hyperlinks panel needs to be better overhauled please. I have a 300 page magazine with hyperlinks in each section (different sections provided by a team) ... so a Report Hyperlinks option would be very useful please, in the same way you can generate a Report in the Links panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyphenation Options

Please add a checkbox (or something), so that you can turn off hyphenation of words that are connected to an em dash, and for words that already have a hyphen in them. And related to that, please always break hyphenated words/phrases/URLs at the hyphen, instead of adding another hyphen.

We currently have to search for all these "bad breaks" and this feature would be a big help.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow to add notes to footnotes!

As simple as the heading is to "allow to add notes to footnotes!"
    Google Docs, has this option, and and causes problems when importing them with the notes into InDesign, same applies when using DocaFlow

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Widows and Orphans - Adjustable parameters for "Balance Ragged Lines" feature

Widows and Orphans - Adjustable parameters for "Balance Ragged Lines" feature

I layout brochures for conferences, and being able to adjust all my paragraph styles so that the balance ragged lines feature will allow me to set, if orphan then use 2 words.

Right now i feel as if its balancing them by look and feel, not by actual word count.

i am aware or GREP etc, but could never get it to work properly (Granted i an novice in using them)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adjust font size by half points

It would be really great if the font size under the character menu could be increased or decreased by half points, rather than full points. It's a bit of a pain to have to type in half point values for sizing numerals and all caps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Footnotes in Separate Detached Frame.

It is a very important feature to be able to customise the layout of footnotes with full control. Currently footnotes in InDesign are attached to the main text frame, & you have no control over it.

We suggest being able to have footnotes in a separate fully customisable text frame, while still being linked to the main frame!

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restart footnote/endnote numbering after chosen Paragraph Style

Please add the possibility to reset the numbering of footnotes/endnotes in the paragraph style.

This should be a Paragraph Style Option.

If someone works in just one long tread, it would be much faster to reset footnotes or endnotes numbering automatically after specific paragraph style instead of making sections once and once again (after every reflow) .

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a set of Roman numerals to script fonts.

I design a lot of invitations and it would be nice not to have to manually create them from other typestyles to look pleasing to the eye. This also goes for addressing them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Character window typeface drop down menu extend fully within workspace

In InDesign CC 2018 when I selected a typeface from the character window drop-down menu, the drop-down expanded to fill my workspace vertically no matter where my character palette was on the screen. Now in CC 2019 it only expands to show 19 or 20 fonts in a much smaller drop-down window. I would love either to go back to the way it was before or have the option to enlarge the drop-down typeface selection window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base