2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

709 results found

1. Fixed Spaces Automatically set as Nonbreaking

It would be helpful if fixed spaces were not automatically treated as non-breaking. I often use fixed spaces to finesse typographic issues—like a lowercase "f" crashing into an uppercase letter that follows it (e.g., "if I"), which seems to happen a lot, even in reputable fonts. I don't however, necessarily want InDesign to prevent a line break after the fixed space.

Ideally, we would be able to have breaking and nonbreaking versions of all of the fixed spaces, but perhaps it wouldn't be very useful for hair or thin spaces. Ems, ens, thirds, fourths, and sixths, however....

Thanks for considering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow horizontal cursor position value to be copied

The Paragraph Formatting Controls show the Horizontal Cursor Position. It contains a numerical value, but it cannot be selected for copying.

I frequently use an "Indent to Here" character after an open quotation mark. But if I need to break a quotation into multiple paragraphs and quickly align the paragraphs to the position of the "Indent to Here" character, I need to manually enter the horizontal cursor position value into the Left Indent value.

It would be helpful to be able to copy the value of the horizontal cursor position, so I could paste it into the Left Indent value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hyperlink Window Add-on Feature

I know i'm not the only one who uses the typography workspace. But when creating an interactive PDF or E-Catalog of sorts hyperlinks can be one of the finest features. The problem: editing said hyperlinks. Not the editing of the links themselves but the fact that in order to we have to have our type cursor in or on the link. What about adding a button in the hyperlink window to speed up workflow for individuals who use the hyperlinks exclusively?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it possible to tell in a globel setting when there has been used a specific font and that font is changed to another font so you don`t

Make it possible to tell in a globel setting when there has been used a specific font and that font is changed to another font so you don`t need to change font on every document you open that have used that font

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we have columns option in Paragraph styles

can we have columns option in paragraph style, as i will save lots of text boxes to be created in a file, and user can type in only 1 Text box per page, rather then making text boxes for every single line. like i have 50,000 name labels to print, and i want each name to start from right and the next name should come exactly parallel on the left side in another column. and then it should go again to another column on the right side. I saw a post earlier regarding this ... but that user only had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need "smart" title case in the change case menu

We need smart title case, with prepositions and conjunctions not capitalized. It's ridiculous that a script or third-party plug-in is required. This is a publishing program! InDesign can create a table of contents—it should be able to do it correctly.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Default text box to "Formatting Affects Text" rather than "Formatting Affects Container".

If a Text box uses all the same color of text within, upon direct selecting the box it should default to an active "Formatting Affects Text" rather than "Formatting Affects Container". Or give me the option to make this the default in Preferences. Pressing (J) before each and every swatch click to trigger this formatting is tedious and unnecessary.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inserting Bullets of users choice

Can i insert bullets of my choice, like alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo ... and so on.. or some thing in text? or can i pull up bullets from any readable file? like some txt file or any indd file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MacBook Pro Special Characters

When using the newer MacBook Pro series, we are able to use special characters like e-diaeresis by simply holding our 'E' button and there will pop up a menu where we can then choose to select the preferable character.

Would love to see this! I have added an screenshot for clarification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integration for Bengali (Bangladesh) Hunspell spellchecker

For years I've been using my own Bengali (Bangladesh) hunspell spellchecking dictionary in InDesign, and I wish it was just integrated into the software. I'm the author of it and I'd be happy to provide it to InDesign. But alongside this it would be nice if the process of adding new hunspell dictionaries was easier, if it didn't need to be redone after every update; and currently it doesn't even work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How to Set up Family Sharing on iPhone and iPad

Family Sharing is an outstanding iOS feature that allows users to share their iCloud storage plans, photos, location, App Store purchases, etc. with their family members without sharing their accounts with them. So, if you also want to use this fantastic feature of iOS, then here’s how you can do this.

How to Set up Family Sharing on iPhone and iPad?

Following are the steps that you can follow to set up Family Sharing on your iPhone and iPad:

Navigate to your iPhone/iPad settings app and open it.
    Next, click on your Apple ID account, which is located at the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show error when paragraph composer cannot render lines

All too often, I run into text that doesn't render because of some feature of the text (unsure of all cases, but examples are words that exceed the line length, common in some languages and in URLs). I have a stable of techniques for dealing with these issues, but most usually I'm poking around in the dark: the lines I'm trying to fix are not visible in InDesign; I don't know what exactly is offensive (e.g., Chinese lines were usually things work, but sometimes they don't); and the offending text might have gremlins from the source text that are not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. non-contigious text selections

I'm absolutely amazed that a product (inDesign) with the power to do everything from making a cup of coffee to managing the invasion of a small African republic does not provide a user with the ability to select non-contigious text. Given the value of this as a feature, I can only assume that it has been requested many times over but that Adobe has deemed it not important enough to warrant inclusion. Surely it is a rather simple coding exercise to include this.

I write books using inDesign and I waste many hours selecting different text items and making the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More robust Variable Font support

Please provide a more robust Variable Font support. I am running Id v 15.1.1.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible to lock down or freeze all kinds of text wraps made by detect edges

It would be great if there was a way to “freeze” all kinds of text wrap made by detecting edges in a document, or in other words to make them static, so they stop changing with the image. If the designer uses the final image, everything is fine. The problems arise when a print service provider has to make adjustments to the images prior to printing, such as changing color profiles, converting or correcting colors, downsampling, or replacing the designer’s lores versions with hires. Even the slightest changes will often make the text reflow, and this is very troublesome to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Deleting unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop

I highly recommend that Adobe updates a feature to delete all unused paragraph styles in one fell swoop instead of a file by file case.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep wth Next able to keep with more than 5 lines

The ‘Keep with Next’ feature is very useful, but why is it limited to 5 lines. A max of ten would be far more useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. shortcut for paragraph single-line composer

I use single-line composer all the time, to control text into spaces. But every time I have to manually change a paragraph in the paragraph window, dropdown, select.... I'd love a shortcut for this (have tried allocating one but can't)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. non-breaking en and em spaces that can be used when using language codes before text.

Please add non-breaking en and em spaces that can be used when using language codes before text, e.g. en (English text) / fr (French text)...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base