When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. a better way to make texts on circle or other form path (spline) for pictogrammes

when you have to do it but make a way to have it the most editable way because you have to make it to a lot of different languages. Maybe be a more efficient way with rules on path to automatically inverse it and center it on the center of the path and maybe an option to what part of the text is on one side and what part is on another actually if i do it correctly you often need two path one for top one for bottom part of circular text and when you whant to change one…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Underline options > color should be TEXT COLOR by default!!

I have to import Word files in InDesign many times and the text looks black but it's not. I try to select the whole paragraph and change it to black but the underlines remain RGB! So I have to select each one to change it to TEXT COLOR. Why can't it be text color by default...or be selected with the whole paragraph and be changed together with the text??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a new feature is 'THE EQUATION EDITOR' in Adobe InDesign, it would be usefull

PLEASE ADD A NEW FEATURE IS: THE EQUATION EDITOR.

It would be very useful.

Thanks & B/regards,
    Handjojo

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the conversion feature for simplified Chinese & traditional Chinese

Highly recommended as it can really speed up production for various countries in the Asia area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. To implement the Advanced Composition Engine font technollogy

Advanced Composition Engine is a technology far superior than OTF and TTF so it would be a great engine to use within Adobe products. Not just for Arabic and eastern script but for every possible script. It is 2019 so let's get our options to max level.

You can read about Advanced Composition Engine at this article:

https://medium.com/@zlatansalkic/decotypes-advanced-composition-engine-dc22a9cbd912

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. alignment and custom footnotes etc

I would like to see some more feature as described below, so this powerful too will be a step ahead for an Advance Page Layout tool. Here are some of them:

1. Some custom footnotes so can can add daggers and other symbols exactly like MSWord not the current features. This should be like first symbol, then 1, 2, 3 etc.

2. Customizing Text box sequence so it will be more intuitive for numbering figures. Think about I've add 100 of figures numbering text box using numbering features, then at editing page need to rearrange/adding/remove some figures, in this it won't work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Find / replace : more option search on...

i would use Find / replace : only on a page or only on a template !

i think it's a basic and important option !!!

Thank for this evolution, please ;D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Global baseline shift

In version 14.0.2, we may select any character(s) in a single line adjusting baseline shift variously for each selection of characters. Having made specific baseline shifts, it would be nice to select the desired text and while preserving their relative differing baseline shifts to then globally raise and/or lower the entire line.

Currently, we are not able to do this. The attached shows that if I select the differing baseline shifted characters, InDesign's UI baseline shift incrementer becomes unavailable. I can globally reset the entire line imposing a single shared baseline value via text input, but this does not respect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't add an extra page when endnotes are imported

The new endote option is nice (could be better, but hey, it's something). The only thing that bugs me is the fact that a new page is added everytime I place text that contains endnotes, or when I copy/paste that text.

It screws up much of my design, and I have to manually delete the page and put everything back in it's right place.

Would be great if the endnote frame would just be placed on the same page as the end of the text flow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make No Break Text visible

It would be quite useful if No Break text was visible; for example, as a shaded background – see my mockup image.

Currently, No Break is visible only as a text override (and then it gets lumped in with all other overrides, so you still have to click each override to see where it got applied).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow GREP Styles to apply to merged text

GREP Styles cannot be applied to the results of a merged document, either when printing or exporting to PDF or when creating a merged document. This should be fixed.

See the attached screenshot. Numbers blurred, but clearly the Invisible style is not being applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Discontiguous selections in InDesign

It would be nice for users to be able to make discontiguous text selections in InDesign, as you can in Microsoft Word.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Align top line of text frame to baseline grid

Hi InDesign Team—

The very handy Only Align First Line to Grid feature is essential for building out multiple styles in books and editorial work. However, book designers are in desperate need of a similar feature for text frames, where only the first line in the text frame aligns to the baseline grid. This is essential for building out pages of backmatter, where the text is tighter and does not necessarily align to the baseline grid of the book, but the distance between the head margin and the first baseline should remain the same.

Is such a feature possible, or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Imported text linked to a document (like Word) where changes can be made and then automatically updated in indesign document

When importing text, we brake the link with the original textual content. I wish we could have the option to keep the imported text linked to its original document so that we can design while some of the content is being modified in a word processor and then updated like any other kind of link and without losing the applied styles.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug in Merge paragraph borders

There is a bug in merge paragraph borders of CC 13.1. In thread text frames, the border is displayed immediately after end of paragraph.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flag Adobe fonts in document as "Mandatory: Use TypeKit"

We have multiple versions of fonts available in our environment (Type1, TT, and access to TypeKit) so having the ability to indicate specific fonts as "Mandatory use from Adobe Fonts/Typekit" would be helpful. In essence, the user wouldn't have to manually activate/deactivate to achieve the correct combination of fonts.
    For example, the user may have Proxima Nova family Type 1 active, but the document correctly shows the TypeKit fonts as missing. They then activate their TT family, which also fails. They tend to not think of Typekit as it's not searchable in our font management tool.
    Using the Document Fonts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back the Paragraph Direction button/option that was removed in v14.0.1.

Bring back the Paragraph Direction button/option that was removed in v14.0.1.

I am using Middle East InDesign, with English/Arabic language app option.

I have been informed by Adobe Support that v14.0.1 has removed Paragraph Direction all together. Since I have to work with Arabic frequently, this is VERY disruptive since Arabic is written right to left. It seems that even Change Text Direction has even been removed from the Character window options, so I can't find any possible workaround.

I don't understand how any users that need Right to Left written languages will even be able to use your updated…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base