Share for Review- White/Black screen only
When I try to Share for Review, I only see this. I have updated my software to the most recent release. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
The fix for this issue is available in the latest InDesign release 16.2.1
Please update to this latest version of InDesign to get the fix.
Adobe InDesign team
Indesign crashed whilst addressing comments on a 200+ pages report. Then I got the lovely black screen. I had over 100 comments to address... had to switch back and forth from the browser version of Share for Review to continue working... this is not acceptable. I'm wasting hours of time.
Our team is having this issue too, logging out and back in again via InDesign does not fix the issues.
If you start a new InDesign file share for review is working fine, but it's not working on previously shared for review files.
Alicia M commented
I experienced this issue earlier today, and my coworker ran into this issue yesterday. We logged out and back into out accounts, but at the same time some of our fonts broke and had to be reinstalled. After the fonts were fixed Share for Review came back. I don't know if the breaking fonts were related to Share for Review bugging out or if it was from the logging in and out.
Ken G. Rice commented
Here is a workaround that will get the Share for Review panel working again:
1. Close InDesign.
2. Bring up the Creative Cloud Desktop (CCD) and sign out.
3. Launch InDesign and sign in here (not from the CCD).
4. Create a new document in InDesign.
5. Open the Share for Review panel.
You should now be able to open the document you wish to share.
Well aware that this is just a workaround and we are actively working on fixing this problem.
So when will we be able to use this nice Share for review option?
After a crash today I see the same black screen again.
Close any CC applicacion and Log out on CC and Lon in again works for me (without resarting)
Emily Lewis commented
Ravin, I've tried everything suggested in the previous post and I'm still seeing a white screen in place of the share for review.
Ok, it worked when I signed out under the help menu.
It did not work for me, but I really like the idea of using Share for Review. So I really hope this option will be fixed ASAP. I have many projects going on and I already started to use this feature with my clients. It is really annoying that I have to tell them now that it does not work.
Same problem in my case. The adobe solution is not seriously meant! I had this many many times: quit, logout, restart, login, .... This needs min. 15 minutes. I am sorry, but you can´t work like this :(
Is there any other solution, besides this one:
1. Quit InDesign.
2. Delete caches and preferences, which you can find here:
3. Sign out of the Creative Cloud application
4. Restart the machine.
5. Sign in back again into the CC application.
Same problem here, any resolution?
Mark Wahlsten commented
OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Steps to reproduce the issues:
1. File open, Review panel is open, comments from existing "Review" visible
2. InDesign crashes and abruptly closes
3. Reopen InD (file is recovered automatically)
4. Open "Review" or "Share > Share for Review" panels
– After a few seconds, "Review" panel loads existing comments
– After a few seconds, "Share > Share for Review" panel loads existing Review, with ability to update the link, or create a new one.
– "Review" and "Share > Share for Review" panels are both blank (black), and do not load. (Screenshot attached)
– Unable to review comments, update link, or create new link.
– Existing Review link is intact on web
I have tried these steps, without success:
– Close/reopen InDesign.
– log out / log back in to computer.
– Reset computer.
– "Hard" relaunch of Creative Cloud app (OPT+CMD+R), while InD is closed.
– Opening "Review"/"Share for Review" in a new, blank document.
I had the same issue and quitting InDesign, signing out of CC, signing back in and relaunching InDesign seemed to work. Thanks.
Has anyone had success? The above solution is not working for me either.
Signing out under the help menu, closing InDesign, re-launching InDesign, then logging back in worked for me on a Mac.
The solution above doesn't work for me. Still get the white screen on Windows with the 15.1.1. update.
Same here. I'm on Indesign 15.1.1
Here is a screenshot of how it looks. All blank.
Same issue here. Intermittent but can't nail down an obvious trigger. I try to share for review and the pop-up window is completely blank.