Bug details

Cannot replace fonts and now cannot change fonts

Please help with this issue. I am trying to edit an InDesign file designed by someone else so I can create a new version for this year. I am replacing the missing fonts and had replaced most of them in "Find Fonts" but that stopped working for certain fonts. Then I tried to select text manually and change the font using the Character Palette, which worked fine, until it didn't. Now I cannot change the missing fonts and they are still missing! I am using CC 2019.

Could Adobe Fonts be interfering?

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Inês commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also happening to me. Yesterday my InDesign (CC 2019) crashed two times (I was placing images into a page and it shutted down) and when I restarted it, there were fonts missing. I reinstalled the fonts and I even reinstalled Indesign, but nothing worked. I even turned off "Activate Adobe Fonts" button on the Creative Cloud, but nothing. Now I cannot use the font anymore on any document on InDesign CC 2019 (on Photoshop and Illustrator works fine). The font that's missing is Campton Black Italic (otf). I asked my colleagues to see if the same was happening to them, but it's working fine on their computer.

So, now I'm back to Indesign CC 2018 and it's working fine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base