Bug details

import pdf comments

1. ID 14 Mac
2. Copy text out of a comment to paste into layout
3. Would expect that the cursor could be used to select all or part of an imported PDF comment
4. In fact it is EXTREMELY difficult to get the palette to recognize that text is selected in the palette interface. The "Copy" popup does not appear a large proportion of the time, or you can't select the range of characters you need. Even though Acrobat is terrible at the same process, it is significantly faster to copy the needed range of characters from the comment in Acrobat and switch back to ID to paste.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

C W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I hit the "copy" button, in addition to ALL of the text in the comment, it's including the date and initials/name of the commenter. I can't think of a time when I'd want to paste that information into my document when I'm trying to make a text correction.

Would be great if we could select just a portion of the text and copy, but if we hit the "copy" button without highlighting first, it should just copy the comment, not date/commenter info.

• Geoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client will sometimes use the note tool to write an instruction to me and include a long chunk of text to add to the ID file. If their note is so long that it requires me to SCROLL through the PDF Comments list, ID doesn't permit me to scroll and select all the text in the note. It will only let me select and copy what is visible in the window.

My workaround on notes is to open up the PDF in Acrobat and copy them over to ID from there.... the old way.

Feedback and Knowledge Base