Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missing menu

I'm trying to insert a text variable (last page number) in my document but the menu doesn't appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exported JPG and PNG are not recognised when trying to Insert Image in Word 2011

Indesign 12.1.0.56 on macOS Sierra 10.12.5. Exporting as jpg or png files are not recognised when I go to insert them into Word 2011 on Mac.
    However, files are recognised when:
    - exported from Indesign 12.1.0.56 x64 on PC and inserted into Word 2011 on Mac
    - exported from Mac and inserted into Word 2010 on PC
    - I had no problems when using indesign 2015 on Mac and inserting into Word 2011 on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PNG/JPEG/EPS Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Issues with quick apply

Quick apply is very slow the first time that you've opened it after a while. In addition, if you switch to another document that you haven't viewed in a while and you click quick apply, InDesign crashes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Too slow to shut down

If you've opened a document, InDesign is very slow to shut down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase space in "Delete Style" replacement dialog box

If I am deleting/replacing Styles that are in folders, there is not enough room to show the entire Style name in the dialog box where I am supposed to choose a replacement Style. I can only see a handful of characters in the name. If I can't see what Style is being replaced, how can I choose a replacement?
    This only seems to happen if the folder name is longer than a few characters. I am running Windows 10 and CC 2017.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't add extra space before a styled paragraph

I need to add a few points of space before a styled paragraph to base align two columns. I add them in the paragraph box, but nothing happens and then the amount reverts to the original amount. How can I override? Never had this problem with previous versions of ID; I'm using the newest one.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adjust Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Windows #@$!*&%^((@@)):[[

Hello to the Adobe InDesign Geniuses! I write this with a heavy heart, I have been a mac holdout/Windows Defender when it comes to Adobe products (Photoshop) since the Mid 1990's If I had to guess, 1995 or 1996. I LOVE Adobe Products and have a huge distaste for Mac. I am reaching a breaking point with Windows, they are trying to make an OS SOOO much more and constantly causing problems, I just had to re install windows on 5 computers due to the latest update that I have yet to have one Windows tech support expert agree as…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import PDF Comments - New Bugs identified - Part 4

We're also facing below issues in the new feature, called 'Import PDF Comments':

(1) Corrections importing in wrong place
    (2) Corrections missing in InDesign
    (3) No correction marked in PDF, but still correction found in InDesign

Please let me know for any clarifications on the above given feedback.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. InDesign .indd Files Opening in After Effects

1 - InDesign CC version 14.0.2
    2 - Double click a .indd file in bridge
    3 - Opens in InDesign
    4 - Opens in After Effects

I've reinstalled InDesign and reset the default program in windows. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speech note bar for oral presentation

I propuse a speech bar (under each pages) to write his speech for an oral presentation. It can be really usefull when you prepare a diaporama for a presentation and know what say.

When you finished your diaporama document, you can directly print all your speech separetly & begin to prepare oral.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A5 paper size wrong

The paper size for A5 in the presets is technically wrong as it should be 148.5mm wide and not 148mm. You can't change the built-in presets but it would be really helpful to do so as our onward print workflow relies on 148.5mm wide files and it's really annoying to have to change it after it's all been designed if you forget to change the page size at the beginning.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. EXPORT OPTIONS GREYED OUT

HI
    when trying to export from the recent indesign the options that i normally use are greyed out. see attached sceenshot, i have tried this on another computer and all seems fine, both are running mojave and indesign 2019

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Import dialog box drag and drop

We used to be able to bring up the import dialog (or open, or save as too) and then drag and drop a file or folder from the Finder to be able to either go to that folder or import that file. Since upgrading to Mojave and InDesign 14.0.1 that functionality no longer works. Sometimes it does but mostly it doesn't.. It now copies whatever you've dragged into the currently open folder in InDesign. This was a real time saver before and is now a pain. It may be an Apple thing but I thought I'd post it here to…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Curves from Illustrator are straight lines in InDesign but fine when exported to PDF

I have a graphic that I've created in Illustrator that one of the curves displays as straight lines when viewed in InDesign. Export it to PDF and it displays as it should. The grey circle that this element sits on renders correctly in both. We have had this on files in the past. Any ideas?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. beachball

Activating a font or fonts while InDesign CC2018 is running results in frustrating beachballs until you restart InDesign. Also do not open your pages panel because it will cost you 5 min. of your life untli ID responds again.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The pdf file I export is not the same with the file I saw in my screen!

The pdf file I export is not the same with the file I saw in my screen. The preview when I working in indesign is wrong. So when I put my cursor in a line to make a corrections this correction is done about 3 or 4 lines below my selection.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. doesn't recognize new files copied to my hard drive

latest InDesign CC doesn't show new files copied to my hard drive - If I re-name files it shows the old name - no phone no chat no thing!

I can confirm files are there with explorer but when I go FILE OPEN they aren't there - tried copying to other directories - still not there - tried re-booting, closing opening program again all that

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)

Adobe InDesign team

19. Index Sorting is not matching with Microsoft Word Sorting feature

We received an escalation from our client that sorting on the index entries generated from InDesign is not matching with MS-Word sorting. Attached the marking received from client for your quick reference, please confirm whether we can consider this as Bug and can be fixed in the upcoming versions?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Placed Image uploads distorted

Dont get this in Keynote...!

Distorted placed image or 'blacked out'. Is this to do with High Sierra?!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base