Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. InDesign makes incorrect QR code words and we can't decode QR codes correctly.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Object->Make QR Code...
    2. Input strings "問題は日本語を正常に扱えるかどうか。".
    3. Result QR Code is incorrect.

Actual Result:
    Sometimes, we got the wrong code in Japanese locale.

Any Workarounds:
    Here is Japanese character strings "問題は日本語を正常に扱えるかどうか。".
    This was coded into the InDesign try and get "image1.png".
    Then, we try to decode it at ZXING decoder. Here is a decoded result (image2.png)

42 1e 59 58 fe 9a 18 ce 38 1a fe 69 7a 5e 69 ca
    ce 8a a9 ee 38 29 2e 6a da 3e 5b 8b 8e 38 1a be
    68 9b 1 8 0a ce 09…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

2. [Copyright-Notice] Automatic Caption for images

When creation an automatic caption for images it is possible to chose the option "Copyright" but this actually referts to the IPTC - Core "Source" (Quelle) and not the "Copyright - Notice" which is used by Adobe Stock.

So it is not possible to automaticly use the Adobe Stock Copyright notice because InDesign seems to read the wrong MetaData field.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Asset Plugin window keeps opening up even though I keep shutting it. It continuously interrupts my flow.

The Open Asset plugin for Indesign continuously pops up. I don't use it. I don't want to use it. I want it to stop popping up and interrupting my workflow. If I close the window, it should stay CLOSED.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color Settings Not Sticking

Upon updating to InDesign 2019 (14.0) my color settings are no longer retained.

As soon as I quit the app and restart the color settings go back to "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off"

I have reinstalled the app.
    I have wiped all settings.
    I have cleared the Adobe Color Cache folder.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for your patience all this while.
    This issue is now fixed in the latest update (Id 14.0.1) of InDesign CC.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

Once the update button is shown against InDesign CC, click on the button to update your InDesign to Id 14.0.1 for the fix of the issue.
    Do let us know in the comments, if you face any problem with the new update.

List of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,
    InDesign Team

5. Indesign CC 2019 14.0.1 xmp-information for images cannot be copied

1: Indesign 14.0.1
    2: open any link details for any placed image/XMP-information
    3: I want to copy text from this window to clipboard (like credit-information). This was possible in Indesign 2015.
    4: it is not possible to copy text.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

6. How to Install Malwarebytes on Mac 1-888-599-2566

Malwarebytes is a one of the best anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, if you want to Malwarebytes For Mac then The free version will let you scan and clean up your Mac, while a premium version will let you turn on real-time protection to proactively protect against incoming viruses, spyware, malware and ransomware attacks starting at $39.99/year for one device. if you don't know How to Install Malwarebytes on Mac, then call us 1-888-599-2566 any time 24/7. https://www.hitechnumber.org/how-to-install-malwarebytes-on-mac/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How to Install Malwarebytes on Mac 1-888-599-2566

Malwarebytes is a one of the best anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, if you want to Malwarebytes For Mac then The free version will let you scan and clean up your Mac, while a premium version will let you turn on real-time protection to proactively protect against incoming viruses, spyware, malware and ransomware attacks starting at $39.99/year for one device. if you don't know How to Install Malwarebytes on Mac, then call us 1-888-599-2566 any time 24/7. https://www.hitechnumber.org/how-to-install-malwarebytes-on-mac/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot use restrain option or opt/command/shift to make duplicates?

Something I have been frustrated with since CS 2019 was introduced is starting to really annoy me now. I have not been able to find how to fix the problems but basically ....
    If I draw a rule using the Line tool using 'shift' to restrain the rule to horizontal or vertical does not work, it just floats about at any angle you can think of - I just want to draw a perfect horizontal rule without having to go and edit the position markers!
    Then there's the restrain option to enlarge or reduce shapes/images etc - it no longer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find/Change | Object | Selection | Won't change colour if in a group

Hi. I think I might have found a bug.

Find/Change | Object | Selection | Won't change colour if in a group.
    (It works if 'Search' is set to Document.)

1.png
    Shows a test. I want to change the Yellow to Red.

2.png
    Shows the top group colour not changing if 'Search | Section' is chosen

3.png
    Shows both colours changing to Red if 'Search | Document' is chosen

Can this be fixed please, or an option to Change Items in a group f it was a 'Feature'.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't Place images after upgrading to Mac Catalina

Just upgraded my MacBook Pro to Catalina and suddenly I'm unable to place images. When I select Place from the File menu, click on the file I want, the Open command is grayed out. The only way I can get images onto the page is by dragging them from Bridge. I'm running ID 14.0.3, the latest version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. updating a placed multipage pdf

Hello,
    When a multipage pdf is placed in InDesign, and an update of the pdf is needed, it is possible to do 'update link' in the links panel. But when 'show import options' is ON (in the 'place' window), all of the placed pages of the pdf will be replaced by page 1 of the updated pdf.
    For my opinion, if you want to update the instances of a placed pdf, the responsive pages have to be updated. At least the option must be accessible when updating the link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activated Fonts Don't Load

I created a graphic with Minion Pro Bold font but when I reopen the file to do more work a pop up window says I need to activate the Bold. Only when I shut down the software and reopen it after activating does the Bold font appear as originally designed. This happens over and over and seems like an unprofessional bug in the software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Choose image among several

In CC2019 Indesign, when importing several pictures at once and trying to place them in prepared frames, the right arrow to select next image doesn't work properly (slow reaction and only shows next picture while placing cursor on next frame or displaying an image but loading an other one in the frame). Worked well in CC2018. Is this a bug and if yes, how to fix it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Preserve Image Dimensions when Relinking and "Auto-fit" options do not seem to work.

I am using Indesign 14.0

When I relink files, Indesign changes the scale and placement of images automatically, regardless of whether the preserve image dimensions option in the file handling box is checked or unchecked, and whether the "auto-fit" button in the tool menu is checked or uncheked.

Preferences > File Handling > "Preserve Image Dimensions when Relinking"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. dublicate layer with object group

If you dublicate a layer with a object group on it, and then ungroup (the also dublicated) objects on the new layer, they are all moved to their original layer.

This objects should stay on the new layer!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Imported CMYK JPEG files appear inverted or as negative

Reproduced in Adobe InDesign CC 2018 and 2019 on Mac and PC

1) Converted a PDF file to a CMYK JPEG and a RGB JPEG
    2) Import both images into InDD
    3) RGB image previews/prints correctly
    4) CMYK image previews/prints as inverted/negative

The CMYK file opens correctly in other apps: Photoshop, Illustrator, Preview, Web Browsers, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot "place" MathType eps file correctly into InDesign - InvalidFont error

InDesign CC 13.1

Steps to Reproduce

1.In a ID document, use File > Place
    2.Select the attached eps file, which is an eps file created by MathType
    3.Place the eps file

Expected Result: The eps to place the image correctly

Actual Result: Before the eps is placed, the error is seen: "InvalidFont error occurred creating the screen display for the imported EPS. The EPS will draw as a gray box. The actual EPS may not print and will not export as PDF. Do you still want to place this file? Yes/No?

Clicking Yes results in only a gray box.

*Cannot…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. InDesign randomly replaces placed images with grey boxes

Indesign 14.0.2
    Max OS 10.13.6

Indesign will on occasion replace all placed images in document with grey boxes.

Issue occurs seemingly randomly when moving elements in the document.

Issue affects all placed images in document, including .ai and .png images.

Issue is not document-specific, although seems to affect documents containing transparency more frequently.

Additional new images placed while issue is ongoing results in a grey box.

Changing Display Performance settings does not resolve issue.

Restarting InDesign resolves the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Links within linked Indesign files appear pixellated even if the links are updated.

Linked images within linked Indesign files appear pixelated, even if the links are updated. It's temporarily fixed by relinking the file – but it goes back to appearing pixelated when the file is reopened. This has only happened recently and has never been a problem in the past.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. impossible to have high quality display with bitmaps

With cs6 no problem. The same bitmaps files (TIFF) with CC, the display is very bad, even in high performance. Impossible to find a solution with technical assistance. Graphic designers with whom i works have the same problem. Apparently on the forums it would be a known bug. I work with windows 10.
    Two screenshot to see the difference between CS6 and CC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base