Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. Upon adding pages Share for Review comments and pins are mapped incorrectly.

We have a 100+ page user guide that was marked up with many comments. All of these were mapped correctly. Upon introducing 6 new pages (3 spreads) early in the document all of the comments are now mapped 3 spreads out of sync. Removing the 3 spreads did not resolve the issue and now our comments are all mapped to the wrong pages. This is strange as I really would imaging that comments are mapped to specific object ID's rather than a 'physical location'.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share for review missing annotations

Using 17.1 and just upgraded to 17.3. Have loved share for review, but recently I'm unable to see location of annotations from inside ID app or multiple web browsers: Editor leaves a note, I can see the note, but there's nothing to indicate where the note belongs on the page--not all of A's comments but many of them. Other editors also can't see the annotations either.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Review Panel

I'm really enjoying the "Share for Review" feature in InDesign, but I am experiencing some annoying bugs in the Review panel.

Each time I click on an edit/comment in the Review panel, the program zooms out to fit the whole page in view. Every single time, I have to zoom back in to where I was before so I can get a closer view of what I'm doing.

Also, the Filter settings keep adjusting without my input. For example, if I apply a proposed edit (like deleting part of a sentence) before marking it as resolved, that comment/edit moves down…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Errors when using the Share for Review feature with highlight, strike-through and replace text.

I have the InDesign v. 18.0
    Everytime I use the Share for Review feature, no matter where I highlight, strike-through or replace the text, the place where I want to make the suggestion is never accurate. If I try to highlight a text, when I see it the InDesign program and click the review in the Review window, it just brings me to a different page. The highlighted text isn't even highlighted at all. Same with strike-through and replace text. Of course, I can see the comment within the Review window, but when I click it, it usually brings up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share for Review - Interactive PDF 'Jump to Page' feature not working

Hey,

I have a contents page in my Interactive PDF, that when you click an item on it, it jumps to the corresponding page in the PDF. However, on the Share to Review site, it jumps to the wrong page - always to the page after the one that it should jump to. When I export the PDF normally, it functions as expected, it is only on the Share to Review site that it doesn't work.

Was wondering if a fix could be found for this, as we are having to explain this to clients every time we send a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share for Review - Critical Scrolling Bug with Large Documents

Indesign Version 17.0

When scrolling in large documents (200-500 pages) the browser-window of Share for Review the screen hops between 3-5 different screens multiple times a second. This bug makes the feature basically unusable. Sometimes it snaps back (maybe after rendering correctly?), sometimes it just doen't.

The bigger the document, the faster the error seems to occur. Working on my 200 page-document with my team is essentially impossible right now.

There is a post about this over here with a video: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/share-for-review-scrolling-bug-with-large-document/m-p/12516079#M452898

Our team has this problem on Mac, Windows - and on Safari, Chrome and Firefox (didn't check other…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. share for review comments are unmapped

my editors are able to add comments to a share for review pdf in a browser without choosing a tool. they highlight text and add a comment, click submit, and the comments come up as unmapped. i'm on InDesign 17.4.

i was able to replicate this problem myself by opening the share for review pdf in my browser (both chrome and safari) and adding comments without selecting a tool. there should be a bubble tool or something for general comments. as is, users believe they are leaving comments on specific words.

expected: users should not be able to highlight text…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share for review comments disappear when updating link

I am currently working with a 102 page document that is shared with several customers. Once I make edits and I update the link, all comments from myself and the customers disappear. Even after restarting my computer, updating InDesign, signing out and signing in of Creative Cloud, the problem still persists. I am working on a MAC and InDesign version 17.2.1. This problem is only happening with one project file, and I've also tried moving all of the pages to a new document with no luck. I appreciate any help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share for Review: 404 Error, I'm the owner but receive no access

I have hundreds of share for review links that all don't work anymore, neither for me nor externals. They all end up at 404. When I open the indd, I get the message that I'm not permitted to create or update a review link because I'm not the owner — I am. I've tried logging out and back in but that didn't help. My indesign is fully up to date at version 17.3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Share for Review Unreliable

I love the share for review function, however it is proving too unreliable to be used in a professional setting.

Here are the issues that my team and I encountered on a regular basis:

Review comment window is blank
    Updating sharing link freezes program
    Review page in browser won't load (spinning circle of death)
    Document in browser glitches and jumps around when trying to navigate

These are pretty serious issues that need to be resolved. I like the innovation, but in order to make it part of our process, reliability is the most important aspect.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share for Review fails to update

No issue creating a Share for Review. However updating an existing Share for Review results in an endlessly spinning blue circle and the link does not update.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. InDesign Share for Review @mentions are not sending emails to the contributors

People are leaving comments with the @mention option but the @person is not receiving those comments in email so they don't know that the comment was made.

I'm using Version 17.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share for Review strikethrough & highlight from online edits aren't visible in InDesign

InDesign Vs. 16 Share for Review: if the reviewer uses the strikethrough text or highlight option, I don't see these in my indesign doc. I can see the strikethrough text on the browser version, but the highlight disppears completely. The review comment is in both places, just not what it's referencing.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hyperlinks In Document Not Linking Out

I am working in InDesign 17.3.

I can create and update the Share for Review link itself but all hyperlinks within the document won't work. The hyperlinks show up as links in the document and online (blue, underline) but when you click on them they don't do anything. You can't right click to get options to open in a new tab or copy the link.

The links work when you export as a PDF or publish online but not when you do Share for Review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Scrolling loop

I have a scrolling bug in the share for review feature. Even in a small file of 10 pages, when scrolling too quickly up or down. The scroll gets stuck in some kind of loop, only reloading the page seems to solve the problem. Tried on 2 different macbook pro's and an Imac running Big Sur and High Sierra.

In the attached video, you first see me scrolling 'gently' which doesn't cause any problems, but after 'flicking' the mouse pad / magic mouse a few times it gets stuck in this loop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. All resolved comments disappeared

Overnight all resolved comments and their respective users disappeared from the Review panel. When switching the filter no comments are shown anymore and i can't get them back in neither scenario (logging in the CC online and looking in the review link, looking in InDesign itself and so on). Is there any chance to get those resolved comments back? They haven't been deleted neither, either the client or I resolved those through both ways and the day before everything was there and viewable with the respective filter. Without them it's nearly impossible to keep a backlog of all the changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. share for review

Shared a document for review on the latest (17.2.1) version of InDesign and when coworkers tried to access it, it just spun and never loaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base