Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding items to the CC Library

I've noticed when adding items to the CC Library that chasing squares icon doesn't stop, giving the impression that the addition has not finished. Quitting and restarting InDesign seems to settle it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In a pixel-dimensioned InDesign document the pixels are always magnetic. There is no option like in Illustrator to deselect 'magnetic pixels

In all version of InDesign, as far as I can remember, pixel dimensioned documents have magnetic pixels. In Illustrator there is an option to deselect magnetic pixels. In InDesign it fails. At least, I think. And the technical assistant from Adobe thinks so.
    For instance: if you try to draw a rectangle 3.4 x 4.2 pixels, you can not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. InDesign 2020:

Does not link to the LINKS folder on reboot

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Data Merge won't include emoji unicode characters

I've created a test file with links and images and test text to try and replicate the fault. Follow the steps in the InDesign file attached.

Put simply, text – whether it is UTF-8 or UTF-16 can import unicode characters that are meant to represent emojis etc, and this is demonstrated in the test file. While not in the minion character set, I've created a GREP style that looks for unicode characters and changes them to apple color emoji. That bit works.
    What does NOT work is when importing the text as part of a data merge... instead the unicode…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pop up window doesn't go away

when I save my ID file to a removable drive, I get a pop up window saying I am saving to a removable drive. There is a Check Box to "Don't Show Again" and it happens everytime.

Tried support, but they were no help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. JavaScript not work When mounting /Volumes/users

MacOS 環境で /Volumes/users が存在すると(サーバーに users でマウントすると)ユーザーが作成した javascript (.jsx ファイル)が動作しなくなります

/Users/(UserName)/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 15.0-J/ja_JP/Scripts/Scripts Panel/(ScriptName).jsx

が /Volumes/users フォルダにマウントしていないと正常動作するのですが /Volumes/users フォルダが存在しているとエラーのビープ音がなって何も行われないです

/Volumes/users フォルダにマウントしていると Macintosgh HD の /Users フォルダが /Volumes/Users フォルダと見なされているようです

Adobe Account: Complete Plan
    Indesign Version: Adobe Indesign 2020 (15.0), CC 2019 (14.0.3)
    再現性:必ず、再インストールしても発生します

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Captions box no longer auto fits to box

When I use the captions feature on a place image, the caption box no longer auto-fits to the size of the image boundary, but rather to the actual size of the image, even though it is scaled down in the box. This was not an issue in previous versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cursor - Zoom in and out/left and right on trackpad not working

When using my trackpad on Windows 10, two fingers up and down works when editing a document. Two fingers left and right does nothing and pinching in and out doesnt zoom, it scrolls right to left. This is the same across all my adobe platforms. Everything else on my laptop scrolls accordingly on the trackpad.
    I only downloaded the adobe software last night and my laptop is brand new yesterday. All updates are up to date.

Thank you for helping in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. InDesign, latest version. GREP: find period (.) character followed by endnote reference number. Should be (\.)(~U) but doesn't seem to work.

GREP: find period (.) character followed by endnote reference number. Should be (.)(~U) but doesn't seem to work.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting the issue. As confirmed from you all, the crash issue is not happening with latest InDesign build. The only remaining issue is that of Grep not working when a period is followed by an endnote marker

We will look into the issue shortly.

-InDesign

10. Indesign color separations preview does not work correctly

The preview goes haywire when I turn separations on and off in InDesign. See screengrabs. Is there a workaround? I have ben unable to find one so far - are Adobe just choosing to ignore this issue?

• iMac Reina 5k, 27in, 2017
    • Mac OS 10.14.5
    • InDesign 14.0.2
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. there isnt' Indesign 2018 (13.0) from Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Hi,
    I can't find Indesign 2018 (13.0....) from the page of "Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps" after updating to Indesign 2020. I have the same issue for my two account, Windows 10 and macOS 10.14, any idea? Thanks
    Andrea

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. quarkxpress

When importing files from QuarkXPress into InDesign, clipping masks on placed images end up completely out of whack. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. quarkxpress

When importing files from QuarkXPress into InDesign, clipping masks on placed images end up completely out of whack. See the attached screenshot and the QXD file that produced this problem when imported (and the PDF which illustrates what the correct appearance of the document should be).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reaching InDesign’s limits when importing XML

Late 2013 Mac Pro (3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, AMD FirePro D500 3072MB, Mojave 10.14.2)

2017 iMac Pro (2.3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64GB 266 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB, Mojave 10.14.4)

InDesign CC 2019

Steps to reproduce the issues:
    - Create XML file (8k lines) to import copy into InDesign with tags and linking to 700+ images (343x343px, CMYK jpegs)
    - Create 74pp InDesign template 12 text boxes per page, content flowing, with 50+ paragraph and character styles
    - Expected result: Text and images flowing through text boxes, allowing editing and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. not displaying all fonts

I install fonts from various sources and with various methods and INDD never shows all the fonts in the family. I just installed all 18 fonts from Montserrat through the Typekit site and INDD display 14 installed fonts. Same thing using Extensis Suitcase. I can activate 10 fonts and only 6 will display. Where are the rest of my weights?????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Font KNU (karen) doesn't display correctly in InDesign files.

When working on files that are written in Karen language, suing KNU font, this font is not displaying corrently.

The same font displays fine in PowerPoint, Word, PDF software, but not in InDesign.

Also, the accessibility information doesn't accept text in Karen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Corrupt overlay palette window -- stretched and can't be closed

The overlay palette window is ever-present when I open InDesign. Every time I close it from the 'window's dropdown (as it is to wide to find the X close window icon, it just keeps reopening? It is too wide to fit on the screen, and the text in the panel is pixelated. I have tried docking it to other windows to contain it, but it corrupts those too. Anyone else had this problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SVG Font Designation Not Shown in Find Font

If a font is an SVG font, InDesign shows the square box "SVG" designation in the font dropdown. However, if you view the font info under Find Font (Type>Find Font), the font type does not show as SVG. There is no way to determine if an SVG font was used in the file other than to view in the font dropdown. That is a problem as SVG fonts are not supported in PDF yet and will not be caught by preflight. Can the SVG designation be added to the Find Font info screen?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

19. InDesign 15.0.1 Find/Change dialog does not show on OSX Catalina 10.15.2

InDesign 15.0.1 Find/Change dialog does not respond to either keyboard prompt nor to pulldown menu choice. Was working fine all morning. Just stopped. Strange?? Any cure??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. zoom

Animated (GPU) zoom doesn't work in Separations view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base