2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. Downloading Workspaces

I have a personal account with custom workspaces. I would like to be able to I go to work for someone else in their office, using their account, and easily download my workspaces from the Cloud. This feature request is for all Adobe apps, not just InDesign.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Left hand scroll bar navigation

Option to move scroll bar navigation to the left hand side. Left handed users who use tablets (on-screen pen editing) cannot scroll down pages without blocking whole screen. Microsoft offers this feature when adding right-to-left language. Firefox allows this feature. I realise lefties are not a huge proportion of users, but if you include right-to-left language users, it provides a vaue-add.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow designers to modify styles without closing the options panel

Currently, if a designer needs to modify multiple styles (Paragraph, Character, ...), designers needs to close and reopen the options panel for each stye.

Please allow users to edit multiple styles, without closing the options panel. Example: In the options panel, add a pulldown menu containing the style names, allowing users to switch fast between styles.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Accept" to convert PDF underline to Italics

Editors use underline to indicate Italics when they mark up PDFs. While the underline shows up when you import PDF comments, there's no way to change that text to Italics.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resetting Workspace

With the new update, whenever I open a new document, my workspace doesn't retain the previous layout. I have to reset my workspace every time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple find an replace

How if you make 10 or 15 replacements at once? With replacing options each, or global replacing options, as a suggestion, the dialog is two columns, the left column contains the find text boxes, and the right column contains the replace text boxes. This will be GREAT and SAVES much time. Thanks Adobe Brains!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't open menu after pressing Alt for zoom

Pressing Alt on Windows brings focus to the top menu and pressing a following letter is interpreted as an access key, opening a menu. This in itself is good for accessibility and productivity.

However, in InDesign Alt is also pressed to zoom with the scroll view. I very often press W to toggle preview mode and very, very often press Alt to zoom. Several times an hour the Window menu flies open due to me pressing W after Alt has been pressed.

I suggest scrolling should move focus away from the top menu. This allows you to still use Alt…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. eGPU

Fix the acceleration GPU menu for choosing what GPU to use on Mac OS X High Sierra. Indesign seems hanged only on internal GPU available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Properties Panel

I have been enjoying the consolidated Properties Panel that recently debuted in Illustrator 2018. Makes workflow much faster. Would be great to see this for InDesign as well!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change text & add button on message window when trying to close a file while background task is running

When you try to close a file while a background task is running you get a warning (Screenshot A). The word "cancel" appears there 4 times, so a fast reader would think clicking on "Cancel" will cancel something. But that's wrong. If you click on "Cancel", the window is closing. Nothing else.

So please change the button to "Close" (and in the German version to "Schließen" instead of "Abbrechen") to make clear nothing is cancelled.

In addition to that it would be nice to have a second button that helps the user to get directly to the background task panel.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If short form for the unit Points is "pkt" in could "pt" be accepted as alias instead of giving error message?

In Swedish version of InDesign (and other Adobe Apps) to enter a unit in points we must type "pkt" where I believe most languages accept "pt". It would be a better experience for the user if the software would accept either "pt" or "pkt", especially if teaching a class where there are users with different language versions following the same instructions. There is no point in receiving an error that an invalid unit has been entered if the intent is clear, and unambiguous.

Please change so that either pt or pkt can be entered as unit, that the unit is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Complete integration of InDesign Form and Acrobat Form

Scenario: The client needs content changes after approving design/form process -- that means I scrap all of my acrobat calculations in the form fields to make the changes in InDesign.

It would be great(!) if InDesign supported either a "round-trip" editing process or has all of the features of Acrobat forms. I really don't care to edit in Acrobat, because InDesign is far superior for layout of complicated forms, with more editing tools, master pages, layers, etc.

As a side note, I think a really great feature would include a "form cell" style, for both character and paragraph. It is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customise Home / Welcome Screen in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.. possibly all Adobe programs.

I work across a variety of Adobe programs and have MANY custom templates I use on a daily basis.

It would be great to have the ability to customise the indesign / photoshop / illustrator welcome screen to have shortcuts to my custom templates I use on a daily basis. This could be placed next to "Recent" with "Your Custom Templates" .. something like this.

See this thread for details:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/can-you-customize-the-home-screen/m-p/10930430?page=1#M166546

I can't imagine this being too difficult to implement. Please look into this!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Easier to rearrange document tabs

I often have many different documents open in tabs but not in separate windows. I drag the tabs together so that InDesign's screen looks sort of like a browser with multiple tabs at the top. But only the selected tab is visible in the main windows. But rearranging these tabs in my preferred order is VERY finicky. I have to drag precisely left or precisely right, and about half the time my tab, instead of rearranging, opens in a new window. Frustrating.

The solution would be to recode so that when you drag a tab left or right to rearrange,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please don't kill the Control panel.

The Control panel is more useful, less obtrusive, and more space-conscious than the Properties panel on small displays like laptops.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. [Feature request] Please add "Page Flip" to presentation mode

Please add a "Page Flip" feature to the presentation mode in Adobe indesign. Something like this: https://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/4-5 ...

Adding the ability to turn/flip pages in a multipage document, it will enhance the user experience. When clients are seated next to the designer, it will also improve customer satisfaction.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add »Units and Increments« to the Properties Panel

Often used and changed preferences in InDesign are the one found in »Units and Increments«. It would be a great workflow enhancement to have this as a part of the new Properties Panel if nothing is selected.

This would save users the time to go into the Preferences if they want to change them. Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Simplify hyperlink process

I've been using Indesign for over a decade but still can't fully understand the hyperlinking process. For example, what is the difference between New hyperlink destination and New hyperlink? (I've read about the difference but still find it kludgy.) What couldn't the process be as simple as when defining a paragraph/character/object style sheet in ID? Why can't I add simple page links to text (sometimes it works, other times it doesn't). Why does the hyperlink panel only provide a URL shortcut and not a simple Go to page #? And why can't I rename previously used hyperlinks by simply double…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. pop-up change page of a linked pdf/indd file

please add simple pop-up option (like object layers) to change the showing page of a link (which is either pdf or indesign file). when my link is for example a pdf containing multiple pages, it's unnecessarily complicated to change the showing page to some another.
    so please – right click > pop-up window > change page of link

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. apple mouse scrolling

Scrolling with Apple Magic Mouse sends the document flying over numerous pages.

While I appreciate that this issue has been a stand off between Apple & Adobe, us users simply can't switch out our mouse. This stand off is hostile to users, it's infantile and unprofessional. In design studios we use this application all day long, 90% of my work will eventually go through InDesign.

As a minimum please provide the option to automatically disable scrolling when using Adobe InDesign, optimally just detect the mouse and change the scrolling behaviour to no longer be user hostile.

Adobe has the opportunity…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?