We need to have InDesign to support MathML, this is much awaited feature, but not supporting in InDesign yet.
Currently we're using 3rd party plugins such as MathType, MathTools, PowerMath, etc. but not meeting our expectation, also high license cost than InDesign.
@ALL: Please support to include this feature in InDesign in the very near release.
The number of Federal and State Government employees (including STEM workers) in the U.S. alone that are required to make all documents 508-compliant should be enough to make it a priority to fix accessibility issues in your products. Please accommodate us, just as we have to accommodate our readers.
Please include a math equation tool in order for the users to be able to import math from word (editable) and to write from scratch (complicated) equations in indesign!
Baljit Dhaka commented
KIndly include features in InDesign to copy maths equations, charts, diagram etc of algebra, geometry, mensuration, pie charts, bar chart to copy from already typed in google live doc and MS word to directly paste in indesign. This is the most useful feature for publishing maths, reasoning books. Currently indesgin does not support this.
copy paste from google doc to InDesign mathematical equation features
Mario Blazquez de Paz commented
I agree with most of the comments. We need a mathematical tool within InDesign. I teach economics at the university, and I miss this tool for my presentations. I hope that Adobe fix this problem as soon as possible. Best regards!
Importing or placing the Word file with a lot of formules give huge problems. I hope Adobe will soon solve this problem!
Hello! Any updates on this request? It would be helpful if InDesign has this feature rather than get a third party plugin/extension.
Yes, I would love an easy way to create math problems. Especially vertically stacked problems similar to long division problems. I haven't found an easy way to do that yet. But if there was one, I would be a happy guy. Right now, I am more of a sad guy.
Raja, Gejaraj commented
@Adobe: This new feature is pending for a long time, like for more than 3 years, please confirm whether it can be included in the year 2021 at least?
Raja, Gejaraj commented
@Aurelian Tudorache: Like to know further details on EasyMath, please confirm:
(1) Please confirm whether we've trial version to test
(2) Our input will be XML with equations in TeX/LaTeX code, please confirm whether we can convert the same into Math expression globally using InDesign scripts, instead of converting into one-by-one
(3) We need to extract the final TeX/LaTeX coding from the current InDesign file, please confirm the feasibility
(4) We need to apply specific template fonts to these Math expressions, please confirm the feasibility
(5) We also need to apply colors to the Math for some designs, please confirm the feasibility
(6) We also have equations in MathML, please confirm the plan on enhancing this plug-in to accept MathML as well
(7) Also please confirm whether this plug-in will allow Math expressions even inside tables and another text frames
(8) Also like to know how the equations will break automatically when exceeding the current file text area
Aurelian Tudorache commented
For those who need math support within InDesign and are familiarized with Tex/Latex expressions, EasyMath Panel is available for download on adobe exchange: https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.105477.html
Basically, this small piece of software helps you compose, previsualize, edit, insert, scale mathematical expressions and save them to disk as svg for later edits.
Michael Righetti commented
just add it
We need it too!
Word can do it, InDesign needs to do better
yes sure it must
We need this!
Michel Sena commented
we need this for god sake
I need it so much too.
Please add this feature to InDesign, including accessibility, we're desperately in need of this function in our workflow.
Cary Millsap commented
Please. TeX or LaTeX interface (like in Keynote) would be ideal.