1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. preferences+search

There are so many preferences in the preferences-dialogbox I which I could search like in the macOS or Windows preferences.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Properties Panel - missing "vertical justification"-buttons "top", "center", "bottom", "justify"

Indesign CC 2019 (oct)

The old control panel had buttons for the textframe options "vertical justification": "top", "center", "bottom", "justify". I need them accessible in the new properties panel ... one-click. I am too lazy for option-doubleclick or CTRL-b.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Properties Panel - reintroduce spinners - and photoshops mousedrag controls

Indesign CC2019 (oct):

The old control panel had up-/down spinners for each transform input box. In the new properties panel the spinners are missing, probably for a slimmer width of the panel. That's bad, they were handy and we are all used to them, especially for shift-clicking to scale/move in increments.

Please put them back.

Idea: please also make the _icons_ of input boxes behave like Photoshops inputs, that you can mouse-drag to increase/decrase values.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recent File Pane Improvement: Open Multiple files at once

The Recent Files Dialog needs a way to select and open multiple files at once — whether it be the ability to drag a selection shape (useful for selecting a few files that are physically close to each other) or shift-clicking to select multiple files (as you would in the Finder) or ticking small checkboxes in the bottom-right of each thumbnail.

In the latter two cases, if multiple files are selected, the "Open" button could then be used to open the select files, as opposed to launching the open file dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save dialog filename box width

For the love of mercy, PLEASE make the Save/Save As title dialog box widen with the window! I almost never have enough room to see the full filename, which means it takes additional clicks/keypresses to see the end.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Removal/editing of the dumb "When in doubt, make a layout" line.

God, that's such a stupid thing to see every time I open InDesign. How about a checkbox for "Hide greeting message"?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Left hand scroll bar navigation

Option to move scroll bar navigation to the left hand side. Left handed users who use tablets (on-screen pen editing) cannot scroll down pages without blocking whole screen. Microsoft offers this feature when adding right-to-left language. Firefox allows this feature. I realise lefties are not a huge proportion of users, but if you include right-to-left language users, it provides a vaue-add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit Styles/Access Style Options dialog from Properties panel

It is easy to create a new style via the Properties panel, but cumbersome to edit styles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New styles made with Properties panel to top of styles panels

Creating a new style with the Properties panel adds the style to the bottom of the Paragraph or Character Styles panels. Other methods put the new style at the top. Please make this consistent (I suspect most prefer new styles to be more readily available at the top).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to completely disable start screens in AI, INDD, PS, Acrobat

Ability to completely turn off these start screens in AI, INDD, PS, Acrobat. When I close a document window, I expect to be able to see my desktop, not a wall I then have to close or hide. Old school workflow, never had a start screen, never needed one, it's not helpful imho, tho it may be to others, so we should be able to choose how we want it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow designers to modify styles without closing the options panel

Currently, if a designer needs to modify multiple styles (Paragraph, Character, ...), designers needs to close and reopen the options panel for each stye.

Please allow users to edit multiple styles, without closing the options panel. Example: In the options panel, add a pulldown menu containing the style names, allowing users to switch fast between styles.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Feature request] Please add "Page Flip" to presentation mode

Please add a "Page Flip" feature to the presentation mode in Adobe indesign. Something like this: https://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/4-5 ...

Adding the ability to turn/flip pages in a multipage document, it will enhance the user experience. When clients are seated next to the designer, it will also improve customer satisfaction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display progress bar for long operations

When working with a big document, there are many operations that take a very long time. For example, generating a TOC, deleting pages that cause text to reflow, etc. Tasks that happen almost instantly with reasonably sized documents can take many minutes when we get into 500+ pgs.

Currently we only see a spinning beachball (mac) when we get stuck in a long task. There's no way to determine whether it's just going to take a long time, or if indesign is completely locked up. The system sees it as "application not responding," but a lot of times patience pays…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Animated InDesign icon in Apple Doc

When I print documents on a laser printer using the menu item "Print", the InDesign program icon in the Apple Doc is animated. You can see exactly what the progress is with an animated bar. It would be great if this animated progress bar could also be seen when exporting to PDF. Also as the sum of all background processes. THANK YOU!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Searchable keyboard shortcuts (as per Illustrator)

Could we get a searchable keyboard shortcuts interface like Illustrator's? It's really handy for rapidly changing keyboard shortcut settings.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Align to page when only one object is selected

It would be helpful if the align command defaulted to align to page when only one object is selected. There is no risk of confusion as an object cannot be aligned with itself :)

This would remove a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth in the align options, as the default use case at least for me is align to selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Zoom to selection is not using enough screen real estate

when using shortcut shift-cmd-= to perform a zoom to selection, the object is being centred, which is good, but the zoom view is too small given that there're just too many spaces being left around the object.

Ideally, when zoom to selection this will snugly fit the object just into the window, which I found an interesting coincidence. Say for example, theres an object thats being set to zoom to selection, and the zoom level of it is 30.7% (and just feel how small the object would look on screen at this level), then you multiply this number by 2,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Workspace Issues with every document

Using 2019 Adobe InDesign on Mac OS Mojave

Whenever I open a new document, or open a recent document, my workspace panels on the left disappears every time. It never happened in 2018. It's quite annoying having to reset the workspace with every document opened. Please fix. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save INDD file in previous version INDD (e.g. CC 2019 can save in CC 2018)

It would be great if InDesign can save INDD file in previous version INDD (e.g. CC 2019 can save in CC 2018). Yes, I know about IDML but it's not exactly what I need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy GREP styles from one Paragraph Style to another

Copy GREP Styles from one Paragraph Style to another

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)