2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

556 results found

1. Panels minimized at start up

When InDesign starts up all the panels are minimzed. I have to click "Reset Workspace" to make them appear maximized again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Links in Properties Panel

The new Properties Panel is great, but the very first thing I noticed when selecting a linked file, It only states that it's a "Linked File"... But you cannot click or edit your linked file, like in Illustrator?? Isn't this the whole purpose behind the PropPanel - to make quick edits all in one panel? Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Properties Panel - make it customisable

I'd like to be able to add things that I use often to it.

For example, with nothing selected, it has the options for the Document Layout.
    I would like to add to that to include

Export PDF - and select my proof settings

So in essence - I could add the options to export to
    Print Ready PDF
    Proof PDF
    Image file format

etc. - just to be able to add those things would make this panel even better.

There are other things I'd like to add to this property panel - but that's the general idea, and everyone…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Toolbar

My toolbar is located on the right because I'm righthanded and placing it on the right means shorter distances when using the mouse. This means less stress on shoulders and arms.

I have an idea to choose a tool even faster, while creating more workspace and less use of the mouse.

What about a specific key (combination) useable for your non mouse hand (eg.ctrl+shift), to make the toolbar appear directly under the cursor. When you use the same key (combination) again or after you have chosen a tool, the toolbar closes.

This way you will create more space in your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Flash Drive

I think adding a feature to allow for flash drives to be used would be beneficial. Whenever I have to use Indesign I have to place a picture instead of just opening the file from my flash drive. It doesn't work when you want to use the picture as the main focus for an invitation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Defining a new condition directly in the F/R window.

Adding the possibility of defining a new condition directly in the F/R window, similarly as in the case of adding character styles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Properties Panel More Options

I quite like the idea of the new Properties Panel, but it would be great to have the options to have the "More Options" items to be expanded permanently. Right now the auto collapse once you change from item to item. I understand if you are working on a laptop, the fact that they auto collapse is helpful but when you are working on a large screen I don't want to keep looking for my options. Please add a preference that makes the expanded options sticky.
    Thanks, Julian

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

9. FIX CONTROL PANEL: InDesign 2019 does not display from the menu or is just blank as noted below

In Design for mac version 2019: The control panel is terrible: clicking the menu displays nothing. Only changing the Workspace which use to be a workaround to display it, now displays a blank and therefore useless panel.

This is just unacceptable. The menu problem has been a problem for a long time but now there is no workaround. This must be fixed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fix the application frame bug on the mac that cause panels not to appear

I generally do not have my application frame turned on. I know this is a PC thing, but just not natural on a Mac. Often if I donʻt have application frame turned on, many of the panels like layers simply wonʻt display no matter what I do. This seems like a bug to me.

Also there is a bug where the item dot in a layer is not visible so you canʻt move an item easily to another layer. You have to rebuild preferences to get the dot to show again. Again another bug Adobe should be fixing before addin…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. show CMYK/RGB at header panel

please make the top panel of each opened document show whether it's in CMYK or RGB space (like photoshop does).
    now when i want to know, i must go deep in menu.

thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Content aware fitting should not apply to placed images in a document

'Content aware fitting' conflicts with checkbox 'autofill'-preference in application-bar.
    I assumed content aware fitting would only apply on newly placed images.
    When I want to relink an earlier placed image with content aware fitting 'ON' the relinked image is auto fitted in a way I don't want.
    The mention check-box would be ideal to let InDesign know I don't want to fit contant aware after the initial placing of content.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Indicator to show that there are locked objects on the page.

There should be a small red lock-symbol somewhere to show, that there are locked objects on the page. It sometime happens, that I want to select and copy all objectrs to a new page or document and locked objects are missing there.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text Styles in Properties Panel - Show Overrides, Clear Overrides

The properties panel in the October 2018 version of InDesign is a great feature, however the implementation of Styles in the Text Insertion mode provides no feedback on whether or not overrides exist in the selected text, nor does it provide a means to clear any overrides. This provides a significant stumbling block for new users, who may end up redefining styles and applying more overrides to their text trying to fix display issues, not realising that the problem is overrides.

Building out the functionality to better reflect the existing Styles panels - at least in regards to locating and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove (or give option to remove) font information from Contextual Properties style dropdown

The font name/weight/size information now included in the properties dropdown adds a lot of visual clutter without being particularly useful for finding desired styles.

For example, in a typical document I have multiple styles that all use the same font name/weight/size, but differ greatly in other settings-- some are bullets, some have an inset, some have specific nested styles, etc etc. THAT'S what's important about them, not the fact that they share a font name/weight/size.

In addition, because the style name and the style attributes are shown in the same font size/weight in the menu, it's harder to scan down…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Autocomplete style names typed into styles dropdown in properties window

The new contextual properties window would be much handier if the dropdown window had an autocomplete ability similar to what's currently available in the Quick Apply window. The current implementation doesn't save any time, as you still have to navigate through the various options to find the one you want-- something I find more challenging to do thanks to the additional clutter of the font name/weight/point size being included in the dropdown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Groups, Smart Groups, and Searching in Links Panel

The links panel should support Groups and Smart Groups. Large numbers of links in projects -- especially those that include a lot of InCopy assignments -- get unwieldy.

Ideally you would be able to make groups and manually move links into them, and also create smart groups that would automatically update. Ideas for common filters that smart groups would be used for:

All CMKY images, all non-CMYK images, all InCopy links, all links that need to be updated, all links that are embedded or not, all links that are currently on a Hidden Layer or hidden via conditional text, etc.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keyboard keys maintain consistent position of page in the viewport

If I click the little Previous/Next Page buttons at bottom left of screen, I can cycle through pages, and the position of the page within the window stays the same throughout the process. This is great and very helpful when flipping through a book quickly.

But if hit PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN on the keyboard, it seems to SCROLL the document position up/down by some numerical value, with no regard to the position of the page being displayed.

It would be logical and helpful if PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN had exactly the same effect as the PREVIOUS/NEXT page…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Custom Commands with Custom Shortcuts to Keyboard Shortcuts Menu

There are certain actions that I'd like to create shortcuts for, but the commands for them aren't listed in the Keyboard Shortcut Menus. For example, setting a keyboard shortcut for the various aligning objects. Aligning text is an option, though. Not what I need.

Everyone's workflow is different. There are commands that I'll just never use. So, freeing up individuals with the ability to create custom commands, which can be suited to their unique workflow would immensely help individual/company productivity. Custom workspaces exist, custom keyboard shortcut sets exist, let's have custom commands too!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base