1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split Layout view also horizontal

Split view is great. Allowing you to refer to page numbers, whilst checking the contents in the other view for example. But its only in portrait (left and right)

A landscape (top and bottom) view would also be great and most appreciated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. color panel bug in ID CC 2018

color panel bug in ID CC 2018: the panel doesn't display colors, it's empty. It's not possible to add a new color to the panel. I can add colors only to CC libraries. My OS is high Sierra 10.13.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. option to disable power zoom

like the titel says: option to disable power zoom. i never use this 'feature' and its very annoying that this power zoom activates when i try to move the workspace with the hand-tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Either copywriting or translation need to be watched

This message is about idiomatic usages in the interfaces of Adobe products and their mistranslations into other languages.

When those mistranslations don't cause inadequacy in the Adobe software's useability by professionals because they guess what it meant in the interface, professionals just make fun of them and pass them by.

But when they can't guess what it meant in the interface, Adobe lose credit because some features of the Adobe software is not known by professionals.

I will give you an example in the second situation. In the Adobe InDesign software, there is a mistake causes misunderstanding in the Turkish…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a modal window or panel where all alt text can be seen and edited at once

Can we have a way to open some sort of modal window that then allows us to see all alt text for images/graphics etc so that we can quickly edit all alt tags within a document in one place? It's time consuming having to select each image throughout the document and edit individually.

It would also be useful to have a preflight check for alt tags within InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make "Start workspace" default go to open files

I would like the "Start workspace" to be my go to open document workspace in Indesign. Also when documents are already open.
    I find it very useful to see thumbnails of my work instead of the "Open recent" filelist.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Syncing Workspaces and Preferences

This use to be here but doesnt seem to be around anymore. When I would access Indesign on another computer using the same account info, my workspace and preferences would always carry over. In the last year or so, this doesnt happen anymore and I cant figure out why. I cant find an answer online about it either so my guess is that it was removed. Can you bring this back? Thanks!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change rectange tool default stroke to fill

When you create a new rectangle, it is annoying that it always adds the stroke to it by default, forcing you to resize the rectangle after you have removed the stroke. Resizing is needed after removing stroke, because you first draw the rectangle to its correct size and then when you remove the stroke, it leaves a tiny gap as the stroke was aligned outside the rectangle.

Personally I need stoke rarely, but fill almost every time. I am pretty sure others find stroke to be the not-so-often used one, too.

So, why not change the default stroke to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ADA issue: Customize the font size used for menu/palette independent of monitor resolution

We need to be able to increase the font size used for menu/palette. Preferably independent of monitor resolution.
    This is an ADA issue for those of us with aging eyes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Create New document dialog box variables

I'd like to see the variable labels in the new Create New Document dialog box In InDesign made active so that when you click on them ID selects the current value for you to change; i.e., I'd like to see them work as most all the other entry fields work. This is a real time saver and I'm always telling my students to use this feature, not click inside a field and swipe over/highlight existing value....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dual Screen Modal Support

Dual Screen Modal Support.

It's frustrating that apps that are so frequently updated miss the blindingly obvious.

How about real dual screen support for your modal UI.

This is the case across Photoshop and Indesign (most likely, several other products).

In this screen capture - the cursor is selected on 'tint' on a second monitor (right hand side) slide lever is on a different monitor, on the left.

Pretty frustrating, what's the point of having dual monitors, if your software doesn't support such a basic fundamental.

Regards, Paul.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PageMaker Command Bar

PLEASE bring back the Pagemaker Command Bar. Many of us are not professional designers who remember and utilize all the keyboard shortcuts so we depended on the command bar for a quick and easy way to make changes in our docs. Those who don't need it or use it can simply keep it hidden.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Object Styles (Size and Position)

When creating an Object Style and using Size and Position, the X and Y Offsets must be 0 or greater. This means you cannot create an Object Style that allows for bleed. I want to enter -.125 for the X and / or Y Offset to allow for bleeds.

P.S. The temp workaround is changing the Reference point, but if you change the Height or Width, you also have to adjust the X and Y.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add a history panel to InDesign, like Photoshop's

This is a very helpful feature, saving time and enabling the user to track what they've done. Thank you.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please allow cursor colour change option from black to white.

Please allow cursor colour change option as sometimes black is not visible on dark graphics work. This is in particular for the selection too which comes in black only as a dafault
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Non printing layer attention value

Since the latest update of Adobe CC I noticed that across the suite, when you double click a layer and set it to non-printing, the label is no longer displayed in italic. Thus remaining in the dark on first glance at layer palette if a layer is set to non printing. I use non-printing feature a lot but now I don't have a visual reference anymore. Don't understand why this feature was removed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix bug that makes windows invisible/inaccessible on opening InDesign

Every time I first open InDesign, all the windows are invisible/inaccessible, or the window icons are visible but they don't open. The only solution I've found is to quit and reopen the program, sometimes multiple times. Using InDesign on Mac with High Sierra. Application Frame is off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make style name indentations smaller

Lot's of unnecessary whitespace, requires wider than necessary panel widths on smaller screens.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to add color labels to individual styles to better organize and manage large lists of styles

Similar to how pages can be labeled with a color (also see layer colors in Photoshop).

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Inline search filter for all styles panels and swatches

Alle styles and swatches panels should have an inline search filter to narrow down large lists of styles (similar to the quick apply window and the layer panel in Photoshop).

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base