1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

665 results found

1. Please allow resizing of a document with the ease of Illustrator's resizing tools.

Please allow a document resizing tool, much like the tool in AI, for quick and easy document resizing. Sometimes it's hard to know what size I need the document to be so I have to go in multiple times to edit the size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. variable images

It would be great if we could utilize the concepts of Data Merge and Conditional Text, maybe even along with Master Pages. For example, I have a long document 6 chapters that have four main sections each, but within each section there are 2 additional layouts that I need to apply. With all of the variations of the content if I were to make master pages for all of them I would end up with 80+ and that won't be functional

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Snap to Glyph option like the one that exists in Illustrator

Not much to elaborate on, but I'd love to see this option available in InDesign as I frequently find it useful in Illustrator. When trying to align objects to the center of the text, as opposed to the text box (because the text box is taller than the text), this would be amazing.

Alternatively - a way to double click on the top-most midpoint of the text box and have it autosnap to the glyph height. This is virtually identical to the feature that already exists within InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop the slowdown when Apple Time Machine kicks in

InDesign slows down when Apple Time Machine kicks in every hour to write incremental backups to an external device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lock anchored object(s)

When creating a complex text box with anchored objects used as decoration, it'd be great to be able to "lock" the anchored object(s) in a way that selecting all text and pasting other text wouldn't delete the anchored object(s).

We have a "Prevent Manual Positioning" checkbox, it could be a similar "Prevent Special Character Deletion", so the anchored object(s) are locked and safe unless it is unchecked.

Would that be possible?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep Corner Options When Scaling

Have a setting to retain corner options when scaling. You can do this with Stroke and other options.

This is discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/keep-corner-options-from-scaling/td-p/10750348

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is not so much an idea as a request to go back to the way fonts were previously displayed

If i select a font then change my mind the menu goes back to A, rather than going back to where the font is in the list, so i must scroll through the fonts again before i get back to where I was. I see no advantage to having it any other way. Adding recent fonts ids not of much use. I work in a national newspaper, and everyone complains about this feature. Thanks. Angelo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rule Above/Rule Below dialog

Please make both Rule Above and Rule Below visible at the same time, rather than toggling between them. Oftentimes, both are used in conjunction with each other. And there's plenty of room to do so. If need be, the Keep in Frame checkbox can be moved up next to the button for rule on/off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It should be possible to turn on or turn off “Respect indents” in the Text Wrap Options.

For a long time InDesign did not respect the indenting of block quotes when text wrap was applied to photos. Then last year I was working on a big book with many indented quotes and many photos and was pleased to see the indent was respected when I set a text wrap around a photo. Now, in the latest version, that is no longer the case. This is a serious problem in large illustrated books with many block quotes. We should have the choice in the Text Wrap box of specifying whether the wrap should respect block quote indents or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Co-edeting

Co-edeting - as found in Adobe XD! Work as a team from anywhere with InDesign co-editing. Design together in real-time or jump in on your own — everyone has access to the latest version no matter the place or time zone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Indesign AI-/Sensei based image scaler

An AI/Sensei based image-scaler. Let's say you're designing a lot of different document sizes, and have a option in InDesign to upscale image sizes to make sure, that the output dpi / document intent is met.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. zoom the index

I heavily use the Index tool which usually takes very long working hours, and find it increasinlgy damaging for my eyesight to stare at those tiny chacacters and boxes. I would find it very usefull if the dialogue box and its content could be expanded or zoomed, as the rest of workspace.
    It would also be usefull if the text boxes could be bigger, so as to be able to see long iong index entries more easily. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Align to column function

InDesign really needs an align to column function, especially for centering objects within a column. This seems to be a really simple oversight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. rotate item to match angle of another object, line segment, or curve point (add this to illustrator too please)

Fairly frequently as part of manipulating objects and graphics I need to rotate an object to align with the angle of another item or line segment. This is time consuming currently as I have to create a new orthogonal line, align it to touch a point on the reference object and then rotate both the new line and the other object with a set rotation point until the 'smart'guide' tells me ive intersected the reference line with my rotation. It would be much easier if rotation had an additional tool or in-guild feature where you could rotate an item -…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Graphic/Image Gallery

A gallery displaying all included graphics/ images. I use Adobe Bridge for this, but having it incorporated into InDesign would be snazzy.

The feature would be very handy, if one has to pull out and rearrange a large number of graphics, to just drag them out from and then back in to the spread. If they are placed out on the pasteboard, I often 'lose' them and have to scroll up and down to find where they are 'parked'.

I have had to drag all the graphics out

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inadvertently dragging image frame contents instead of moving frame.

I am frequently inadvertently dragging the contents of an image frame (photograph) out of the frame, instead of moving the frame itself. This is even while the Select Tool is chosen.

It seems to matter whether the frame was previously selected and where in the frame you click/drag.

I would like this to only be possible with the Direct Selection Tool.
    Or at least, an option that can turn off this frustrating 'feature'.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Double page / spread preview

I would appreciate a double page / spread preview for single page documents. That would allow me to work with single pages to achieve certain bleed needs (example: single printed menu card sheets that need bleed all around - but still show as double pages inside the menu book) while still being able to see the layout as a whole. That saves the time of sticking the pages together and separating them afterwards again.

This requests asks for a different approach, but I assume for the same purpose: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31305193-auto-speads-into-pages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for Custom location/settings of strokes on any shape.

Like in tables or text boxes, I would like to see the Rectangle tool (or polygon, or multi-sided pen tool creation) to be able to choose which side has a Stroke (colour &, thickness, etc).

I have a rectangle that I have cut one corner off of and want it to tuck into the corner of another rectangle. so I don't need the strokes to display for the bottom or side, but do for the top/ 45deg angle (right). Seems simple enough, but gets more when there are many sides to the shape... what's the limit you offer customization too?…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cover building tool

It would be great if InDesign had a tool for easily building covers. Something as simple as allowing variable column widths so that you could input the width of C1, C4,spine, and the width of the joins on either side!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base