• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Square" and "Cirlce" to the [Object>>Convert Shape] menu options

I use Object >> Convert Shape a lot. But with the existing options, if I want to convert to a square/circle I have to first convert to a rectangle/ellipse, then manually enter width and height dimensions to make them equal. Would be nice to skip that step and just have direct option to convert to square/circle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Relinking manually? Why?

Why make the user search each image individually to relink? For some reason, some images are losing their links when the files have been in the same location on my hard drive for years. When this happens I have to go search the file name and relink manually. There has to be a very easy way to automate this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you copy/paste a frame from one INDD to another INDD, it doesn't keep the "vertical justification setting."

When you copy/paste a frame from one INDD to another INDD, it doesn't keep the "vertical justification setting."

My idea is that when you do the above action, it retains the same vertical justification setting. Unless - is there a way to turn this on already?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Output intent of placed PDF in link panel

You can easily look up ICC-profiles of placed images on the Links-panel.
    It would be great to see the embedded profile in pdfs there.

You can look it up via Acrobat and it's metadata (OutputConditionIdentifier)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please let us turn off the new live endnotes feature

I layout a journal which features multiple articles each with their own endnotes. They are uniquely numbered for each article and need to appear after each article. I don't need live endnotes as all the copy is proofed and correct before I receive it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show All on Layer as well as Show All on Spread

There have been occasions where it would be useful to do this. Being able to hide certain elements on one layer and then elements on another layer but then be able to bring them back layer by layer without having to make new layers to put just these bits on then hiding the new layer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to Save/Export Group Items as separate IND File.

Can Adobe Indesign include an Option to Save/Export Group Items as separate IND File. It will be great as working adverts in magazine and/or newspaper something you start creating an Advert for client in the magazine file, and can later Save/Export the group as it's on separate IND file as a lnik.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stroke start/end arrowheads - In between Triangle and TriangleWide

Please add an arrowhead style that is an equilateral triangle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preflighter to warn of Effect modes in use (excluding Normal & Multiply)

Please add the ability in Preflighter to detect and warn of elements assigned to effect modes other than Normal and Multiply.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically group objects when pasting them into an image frame

At the moment InDesign does not let you paste several selected objects (that are not grouped) into an image frame. The user has to group the selection before pasting it with CMD+OPT+V into the image frame.

Please let InDesign automatically group the object when pasting or make it possible to paste ungrouped objects.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Contour mangement as illustrator

It would be awesome if the size of the shape doesn't matter of the size of the contour. For example, if i draw a 10x10cm square in illustrator, the size is the same with 0pt contour or 20pt contour.
    Bur in Indesign, the size is 10x10cm only if there is a1pt contour, and 10,7x10,7 if there is a 20pt contour. It is very disturbing when you have to create a cutting shape.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I can open InDesign CS6 nor more: Code 4

If I want to open my documents with CS6, I work with CS6, there is permanent the failure code 4 and I can´t open it, but these documents are very important.

Wolfgang

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show at least some info about an object when cursor hovers over it

I used to use a plug-in that showed me info about any object on the page if I clicked it. That plugin hasn't worked for me in years, so I'm stuck opening and closing the Links panel all the time. I'd like ID to show me some info about objects just by hovering over them (like it instantly shows the grabber when you mouse over an image). Doesn't have to be everything that's shown in the link info. Could just be simple stuff, like dimensions, actual and effective resolution, file name. Or the user could choose from the same choices…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Text in Circle

Text ist Never in the horizon middle while using diffeent font sizes in the same Circle. I have always make a Circle and Text o top.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi. I have problems with visualizations in InDesign since I updated to High Sierra: gray areas and a lot of problems rendering type.

Hi. I have problems with visualizations in InDesign since I updated to High Sierra: gray areas and a lot of problems rendering type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add flowchart feature (or plug-in) for family trees

Making family trees is very popular yet the supposedly cover-all creative suite doesn't do it!
    I think you need to make it possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. expand text frame's ignore text wrap

In the text frame's options expand the ignore text wrap checkbox to give the options ignore text wraps below, ignore text wrap above or ignore all.

As you can see in the attached file I want the text frame to observe the text wrap on the image to the left which is above the text frame, but I wanted to ignore the text wrap on the right-hand image which is below the text frame.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open images from Package window

The package window is perfect to discover issues and problems with document or images. But when I find problems with image (RGB profile for example) why is not possible to open in Photoshop directly from that window with double clic? I have to write the name of the files and the number of page and go there to open them...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base