1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to use ParaNumOnly in InDesign cross-reference

When cross-referencing I would like to be able to use ParaNumOnly, like in FrameMaker. In Danish, and probably other languages, the reference to e.g. "Figure 1" mid sentence should be lower case - "see figure 1" even though I am cross referencing Figure 1. ParaNumOnly would make it possible for me to only cross reference the number and control whether the case in "figure" should be upper or lower.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to centre Paragraph Rules

Have the option to centre or range right Paragraph Rules

Have the option to specify an exact width for a Paragraph Rule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adaptive layout, Simple math, Line Breaks with Data Merge

The simplest example to describe a problem:
    I'd like to generate many invoices. Every invoice have different number of products on in, in table. + It would be great to have calculations options in this table. Also i think that controlling line break with data merge is must have. Create special code for ex. " " to automate it! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy and Paste Effects

It'd be great to be able to copy and paste effects from objects, especially between multiple documents. This would be similar to Photoshop's ability to copy layer effects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shift+Alt+Cmd = shortcut for Step & Repeat

After duplicating an object by holding alt (and shift, if you wanted to) in CS6, you could step & repeat the object(s) again and again by simply pressing Shift+Alt+Cmd.
    Neat! No trip to the menu-bar required. No aligning required.
    But that feature is lacking in the CC version. Why remove someting that really made life easy and worked!?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reduce paragraph panel

Coming here from CS5. Wish there was a way to edit the paragraph format panel so it only shows what you need. "Hide options" does not work as I do need "space above" for paging, and that disappears. I do NOT need drop caps in paragraph panel (that would be a paragraph style), or borders/shading (that would be an object style). Panel takes up way more space than I would like. Perhaps a "legacy" option to eliminate those unneeded elements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Image inside workspace moves while corners of the window are dragged. Please provide option to keep contents within window from moving.

Create an option to keep screen image from shifting within the workspace window when the corners of the window are dragged, so that when one resizes the window, the contents stays still. That way, the user won't have to use the hand tool to get back to what they were looking at on the page before they dragged a corner of the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Drop shadow effect affects only objects in the same group. Not background.

I'd like to have an option to have the drop shadow effect only affect other objects that are grouped together. Not the background.
    If I for example have two images partially on top of each other, I'd like to have a drop shadow from the from object multiplying onto the object behind it but not on the page background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. After creating a QR-Code-symbol, I can´t change the color in InDesign.

I have to copy-paste it to Illustrator, copy-past back to Indesign, to change the color. Wouldn´t it be comfortable, to change the color directly in Indesign?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple strokes like Illustrator has

InDesign should have the ability to have more than one stroke on an object the way that Illustrator does. I've wanted this multiple times and now it's come up again with a design that uses a filled frame behind a headline and also a stroke inside the bounding box of the filled frame. To make this design efficient in production, the ideal is for this to be one object with the type in the center, the stroke a controlled distance away and another stroke that is the same color as the fill outside the first stroke. See attached screen shot.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Convert paths in placed vector image to native paths

It is now finally possible to place SVG files as well as PDF files. That is great news for the many, many people who create logos and such things in SVG.

Everything you place, however, is still placed as completely uneditable images, which in many cases makes it somewhat useless. Especially with simple things like vector logos, it would be immensely useful to be able to convert the embedded vector paths in the placed file to native InDesign paths to adjust things like stroke colour, etc., in the actual InDesign document. Essentially, making it possible to use an SVG/PDF/EPS file…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Calendar & layout

I have noticed that whenever I try to create a calendar in InDesign there is not a practical way to place the day and month automatically.
    For example, the software allowed me to place the number in order form one to 31 but I cannot place the date automatically, like Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and so on.
    I wish this indesign engineers can figure out a way you can add Recurring date and month autumnally. Just like the number I know that I can make a master page and the numbers can appear in order I want the software to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sensei, use it to align text and shapes

Hi all,
    Could Sensei be used to align text and shapes? Seems like a no-brainer to me to let AI fix it.
    An example , text in a circle.
    Now if you want to align it, you first need to Frame to fit the text. Then you need to select both the textframe and the circle. Then align them horizontally and vertically. ( on some frames you need to nudge the text up a bit to really align then horizontally.
    AI would could align both boundingboxes in less then a second.
    Please add it :)

Rob

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Paragraph rule will not appear on top of anchored objects

Currently an applied paragraph rule will not appear on top of an anchored object in a text box. According to one of the Adobe experts this is a default of the program.

Our catalogue has a country heading line of type followed by an outline of the country. The graphic of the country is embedded. Visually it appears underneath the subsequent text two or three lines of type.

The paragraph rule at the end of these two or three lines of type unfortunately appears underneath the image even though the text appears on top of the image. I would like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why haven't we got Hide Edges/Hide Bounding Box like Illustrator?

very useful for alignment, just better on the eye, without boxes and lines all over the show. Why is my Control panel shortcut/menu command intermitant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. be able to warp imported images by pulling on a handle like photoshop and also text would be cool! :)

be able to warp imported images by pulling on a handle like photoshop and also text would be cool! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to Reset Suddenlink Wifi Password 1-888-599-2566

If your Suddenlink Wifi Password not working then know How to Reset Suddenlink Wifi Password? First of all, Go to the Suddenlink page and press the yellow button to sign your ad-min with the help of the user-name and password. Then Go to the settings page and press the password change button and submit the new password into both new and confirm password fields. Then if you have any queries to change wifi password then call us 1-888-599-2566 our Technical support team helps you any time 24/7. https://www.hitechnumber.org/suddenlink-email-not-working/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base