2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

665 results found

1. Add double align tool

Often I find myself needing to align an object to both vertical AND horizontal centers of an object (for example, an icon in a box, or a number in a circle). It would be great to have one button that will align both vertically AND horizontally at once. This would allow me to set a shortcut and knock out work more quickly!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Search Function in the Layer's Panel

To add to "Inline search filter for all styles panels and swatches", not just list of styles but list of objects within the layer panel. Like Photoshop's layer search.

I use Photoshop quite a bit and found that the search function within the layers panel very helpful when I have MANY layers and I need to find a certain item (see image below). Well, with InDesign, I might have only one layer but TONS of objects in each. So a search function would be incredibly helpful in finding that object.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Content Aware Fitting as an Auto-Fit option

A bit of a scripting request, but also as a feature of vanilla InDesign, it's not available. Auto-Fit currently only supports the following properties:
    CONTENTTOFRAME
    FILL_PROPORTIONALLY
    PROPORTIONALLY
    NONE

It would be super cool to be able to apply 'CONTENTAWAREFIT' as an Auto-Fit option on an empty frame.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. links on shares broken - Mac/Windows

If you link assets from a server-share on an Windows-PC and open the InDesign-file on a Mac, the links are maintained (if you work with links in UNC style: file://server/share/path/to/image.jpg; mapped shares don't work).
    In the other direction (Mac -> Windows) the links are broken. Would be nice if it would work also in this direction.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Vertical tabs (for better vertical justification in/between para spacing)

There are already similar requests for a fix for the Vertical Justification problem & I'm dealing with this at the moment: several paragraphs & needing the bottom-most para (a 2-line inline table) to appear on the bottom line of the text frame. I have spent so many hours & tried setting it in a table (amongst other things) but, really, it makes more work & I need a Paragraph Border at the sides as a column rule - which was great in a table but which doesn't seem to work on the bottom table paragraph. I'd prefer it as non-table…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We want a "Flush Return" character like "Flush Space".

The gap between questions is not equal. Automatic vertical blocking character can be added.
    We want a "Flush Return" character like "Flush Space".
    Page design production will be faster and smoother.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE REMOVE THIS! I want to place an image and shrink it. PERIOD. such a frustration!

Whenever I drag over a PNG file (which happens to be an icon) and I want to shrink it to a smaller size....I'm always confronted with:

"This value would cause one or more objects to leave the pasteboard"

Okay.....that's fine. But why don't you provide INSTRUCTIONS for how to resolve this???? I've been copying it to different areas and nothing works. I've wasted 15 minutes and nothing. Like this is SUCH a burden in my workflow.

So for the love of God, please remove this PROMPT, it does more harm than good!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MacBook Pro Touchbar

To format text and paragraphs in InDesign I use shortcuts all the time. In really increases my work speed. Unfortunately these only work with a number pad. The MacBook Pro doesn't have a number pad. Could you extend this funktion to either other keys, the touchbar or fn-key combinations?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Placed Vector image line weight override

I work primarily with line art vector files created for instruction sheets. We create the views using a 3D modeling program, save them as PDFs, and then edit them in Illustrator. The images are then placed in InDesign and scaled to fit the page along with the other content. The problem is that the scaled line art stroke weight will scale larger or smaller as it is changed.

I'm requesting a simple option or override the line weights of the vector files to match... a style? Or even allow them to be edited via the stroke panel? Right-click on the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. X + Y Location

We have the X and Y fields to get exact locations of objects. It would be nice to have a button that would copy BOTH the X and Y location, and then allow you to paste that location with an object selected.

This would be useful if you have several pages where a different logo (or copy) on each page needs to be in the same location. You could grab the X/Y location of the logo on the first page, then go to other pages and paste that X/Y location to make sure each logo on each page is in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Round corners should not be quarter circles connected with lines.

The eye will spot the connection points so these points need extra care.
    Adobe should study how Apple shaved off these points on the icons in the iOS. System iOS 6 had the round-corner-fault but in iOS 7 the shape is much better.
    I wish Adobe could give us tools to control the round corners, to shave off these connections points. Old Freehand had this feature. Please bring it back to Illustrator and InDesign.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to preselect row and column guide color when using 'Create Guides'

When you now create guides using the 'Create Guides' function, all guides are default guide color. You need to manually select the guides again / individually to change the guide color. It would make a lot more sense to have the guide color-dropdown present in the 'Create Guides'-window (one for rows, one for columns). This would play nicely with my other open feature requests considering ruler guides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Placed images should place based on resolution, not size.

When placing 300 dpi image into 72 ppi environment, it should place as real size (perhaps with warning if much larger than placing environment), and vice versa: when placing 72 ppi image into 300 dpi document, it should be 24% the size.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support Schema within InDesign

Currently, the InDesign Supports to load DTD in the XML structure. This would help us to validate XML within InDesign and it ensures the quality and time saving to the users as well.

The recent times we use to receive Schema from the customer. We cannot load Schema into InDesign since it does not support. The user tend to make many mistakes in XML in InDesign and unable to validate within InDesign. Currently, we validate XML against schema outside InDesign rather than within InDesign like DTD.

Great help to users if Schema is supports to Load in InDesign. This would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Break Footnotes Marker

If long footnotes breaks on two pages autoinsert some symbol on end of first part and some symbol on the beginning of the second part. Would also be nice to have the possibility to choose a glyph for these markers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot paste grouped object into graphic cell - when could previously.

Adobe InDesign CC, 2017.1 Release
    Version 12.1.0.56 x 64 build

I used to be able to paste a grouped object (for example, an image with a bit of text overlayed on it) into a graphic cell in a table. Currently this is not working - I can put a regular image (just a linked image) into a graphic cell, but as soon as I try to "paste into" a copied grouped object, it does not even offer paste into as an option.

This issue is present in tables used by multiple users in different files - not a bug in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase Search toolbar for link

Please improve the SEARCH BOX for the link window.
    When I need to relink a missing object, the window that open have a very small search box. It should be more big, maybe twice the actual size. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Page cycle for PDF imports

1. When I import a PDF into InDesign I'd like to see arrows alongside the circular content grabber to cycle to the next page of the PDF rather than re-importing the same PDF and selecting the correct page in the options dialog box
    2. Saves time, less work to import different pages from the same file already imported
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transparent strokes with subtracting option

I'd like to be able to apply transparent strokes to overlapping objects, so they create an empty space between each other. This feature would be super useful for creating photo collages where background prevents you from using solid colour strokes (like black or white). It will also allow you to create clean and consistent looking space between overlapping objects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Content Placer Tool Thumbnail to Size

Would it be possible to have an option to have the content placer tool thumbnail be proportional to the page it is being placed on? I use this tool to make large multiple image proofs from images placed into a client-supplied file and need to show them at the placed size. When I place them on the page, using the content placer tool, I cannot gauge the size until it is placed. I have to move them around to make them fit after placing a few and so on until all images are placed. Being able to see the size…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base