2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

665 results found

1. Need Better (and Less-Hidden) Accessibility Tagging Options

Please make it much easier to add accessible alt-text to InDesign documents. There should be an accessibility panel and pre-check to make it very easy for designers.

As it is now, it's too hidden: https://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/indesign/alt-text.html

Posted in reference to my tweet, at the request of Adobe Support: https://twitter.com/exkclamation/status/1424788475698499585

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hebrew diacritics in Indesign

It would be great if I could select a Hebrew vowel or a cantillation (trope) mark in liturgical texts and shift it vertically or horizontally. Currently in 16.3.2 Mac. I can select the marks blind, as it were, but they don't highlight and can't be shifted. The solution I've found is extreme kerning with the neighbouring consonant.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SVG Import/Export with device-cmyk()

Please respect device-cmyk() beside its RGB/hex color value for CMYK output in SVG file import and – if it will hopefully be implemented soon – in SVG file export of InDesign, e.g.
    <circle fill="#CD853F device-cmyk(0.11, 0.48, 0.83, 0.00)" />

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "Uncheck all" to Strokes and Fills window

When formatting complex tables, it is time consuming to uncheck strokes one by one. Why not have an "Uncheck All" feature

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Text wrapping around image should honor Corner Options

See this forum thread for details: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/wrapping-text-around-a-graphics-frame-with-corner-options/m-p/11776379

There are two issues - a feature request and what I think is actually a bug (related to the workaround for the lacking feature).

The primary question I asked in the forum feels like a bug to me, but I'm told it should be considered a feature request. So I request that in terms of text wrap, graphics frames generated by placing an image would behave the same as graphics frames created by the frame tool. If an image is placed and then Corner Options are applied, text wrap set to Graphics Frame…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Manually adjust width of columns in text frame

When there are multiple columns in a text frame, the width of each column is automatically divided evenly between the number of columns and the width of the frame. It would be nice to be able to manually change the width of those columns so they are not automatically all the exact same width, or height for that matter. I'm thinking much like how columns in a table can be adjusted, and then when the whole table is changed you can elect to have the manually adjusted columns shift accordingly or not. It would be nice to get the same…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add rows to margins and columns dialogue

Within the Margins & Columns dialogue box, it would be very powerful to be able to add a series of rows as well. Basically, bringing the baseline grid within the margins that a user can create in this dialogue box. It can behave exactly as the columns do, only they show up horizontally along with the columns. It may also be necessary to have a checkbox for gutters, I could see a use-case for having gutters or not.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom Columns

When setting up margins and layout it would be great if the user could customize the width of individual columns. For instance I start a new document that's 8.5 x 11 with 2 columns and a gutter that's .25. At some point, either the initial document creation or after, it would be amazing to change the width of one of the columns and in so doing it adjust the width of the other column while keeping the gutter the same. This would help for much more dynamic, asymmetrical and feel visually more organized than simply bringing in rulers. Horizontal rows…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Layer comps (Different View States)

I need to be able to easily export different view states of the same LARGE documents that get incremental updates, showing and hiding different layers and objects depending on who the exported file will be going to.

Having the option to use Layer Comps would allow for different view states to be enabled for each export.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Snapping priority (ignore objects when in snapping distance from guideline and do not snap to outline)

When both options are active:
    - snap to objects
    - snap to guidelines.

InDesign behaves like schizophrenic making bad choices. And it is impossible to place objects on level.

Also InDesign snaps inner / outer outline of object to the guide, so when you have thin outlines (below one point) you never know to which side of outline object will be snapped and it will always be on different level than object without outline. And it creates mess.

Each time when there is a guide InDesign should snap to it in first place, ignoring the objects, and also object should…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unlock InDesign Layer with password

In some cases you would like to create label template (layer 1) than lock it, when you pass it to another user he can't unlock layer 1 without permission (for example password).
    The use is for workflow management in order to ensure artwork consistency by using single template.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Copy/move image from one frame to another keeping original coordinates

Please make it standard (or at least possible) to copy or move an image from a frame to another frame and keep the position of the image identical to the original (or relatively identical when the frame sizes are different). I think it used to be like that in earlier versios of Indesign but since a couple of years this behaviour is gone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Indesign should Natively already have the capability 2 expensive 3rd party plugins add. EasyCatalog and in5 should not be needed at all.

EasyCatalog plugin by 65bit vastly improves Indeisgn's terrrible and dated Data automation and catalogue ability. It is expensive and adds features indesign should do much better by now. Same is true for in5 a plug in to add html 5 export ability and makes up for the total abandonment of the DPS options. Lucidpress offers better digital magaizne options and spreadsheet linking at the moment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the ability to Find/Replace linked images across multiple documents

The ability to Find/Replace links would be helpful, especially across multiple documents.

For example, if I have 20 instances of a.jpg on 10 documents, I would like the ability to be able to find all instances and replace with b.jpg without have to manually go into each document and do it one by one.
    Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator views / layer visibility

In Illustrator, one can create custom views, which store both pan/zoom information but also, crucially, layer and sublayer visibility information. Being able to choose among these views when importing an Illustrator file would be very useful – imagine turning 40-ish layers on or off manually.

I frequently use different instances of the same Illustrator file in my InDesign work, with different Illustrator layers visible. The ability to use custom views would simplify this greatly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Convert Clipping Path to Frame for multiple objects

There is a command, Object > Clipping path > Convert Clipping Path to Frame. This will read the clipping path in a placed image and convert it to a frame. The command only works when only one object is selected, If multiple images are selected and every one of them has a clipping path the command is selectable but has no effect. There is no reason for this limitation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Slug capabilities

When we set up a new indesign document for an ad or for a brochure, we incorporate slugs at the top and the bottom for tracking specs, revisions, and proofing. Our bottom slug has an internal proofing checklist that we don't like the client to see when we output for print or PDF. Before we can output we have to go into the document set up box and remove the slug at the bottom. Then we have to turn it back on when we get a revision. It would be extremely helpful if you could add slugs to the PDF…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allowing 2-automatic page numbers/per page.

I work on proposals and we are usually limited to the number of pages within the document. It is often stated, that when we use an 11x17 page, this page counts as two pages in the proposal. It would be an amazing new feature if you could set up the option to have an additional automatic page number for these cases. Perhaps you could have an option to insert a second automatic page number on the master, or a feature that skips a number, starting the next 8.5x11 spread on the proper page number after counting the 11x17 as 2…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base