Redraw problems when having multiple Textboxes in a Textflow (Often used in DatabasedPublishing)
When placing a Text-Frame that Adjusts in height inside of a "Master-Textframe" (Often used in DatabasedPublishing to paginate Products that should not split between columns etc.) InDesign fails to redraw the placements of other Objects correctly - AND IT EXPORTS TO PDF!
This is horrible and has already lead to some huge problems in big Projects where we needed to work this way but InDesign made it a pain.
See attached Video for clarification.
The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can download the latest available build (22.214.171.124) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.
Adobe InDesign team
- Added the new screenrecording i just sent you via mail. (just to keep others informed as well)
Yes - i can reproduce this any time in any kind of Textbox - I will create a small Testfile for you later today since this is really important to us and a big issue in DatabasedPublishing when paginating inline - basically it is impossible to work with in its current state.
The exported PDF (Attachment)