Indesign performance issue : Slow work of Indesign when editing text with large footnotes
I'd like to report a bug. Please follow the scenario below:
1. In a single column with lots of text in it, make two columns for a fragment of text
2. In text within the two-column setup, make a footnote. Add several lines of text to the footnote
3. Turn on the "Span Footnotes Across Columns" feature so that footnote ends up in the same group with the footnotes at the bottom of the page rather than below the two-column fragment
4. Expected behaviour: normal editing can be performed after these manipulations
5. Observed behaviour: any text editing after turning on the "Span Footnotes Across Columns" feature becomes lethargic and near impossible. Turning this option off immediately solves the speed issues.
Please log a bug to fix this behaviour.
Thanks for reporting the issue. We are reviewing it
I use Indesign CC 14.0.1
When working in an Indesign document with 200 footnotes, the lag time between clicking on the footnotes and into the text is really long. This seems to be a new problem with the new release. Is there a fix for this?