Bug details

Can't create shortcut for styles on mac

In the Adobe docs it says "If your keyboard does not have a Num Lock key, you cannot add keyboard shortcuts to styles." I can't believe that Adobe is perfectly content with just excluding large portions of its Mac user base, those of us who are exclusively using a Mac laptop for work (which does not have a keyboard with a numeric pad or the Num Lock Key), from being able to create and therefore take advantage of time-saving shortcuts for character styles. I mean, come on. Why is it again that I am paying $50/month for Adobe CC?

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sophia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are only 13 of us complaining about this?!!! MAJOR error. Fix it.

• mrrrk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredible that this is still not possible, how complicated can it be to fix this? Do something, Adobe!

• Epp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no shortcuts for Mac laptop users? FIX THIS ADOBE. So lazy.

• maria john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the users Like that using an external keyboard with keyboard shortcuts for Excel for Mac helps them work more efficiently. For users with mobility or vision disabilities, keyboard shortcuts make easier than using the touchscreen and are an essential alternative to using a mouse.

if anyone face problem with your pc click on this https://www.acersupportnumber.com/acer-laptop-support/
    and get a better solution

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using an apple desktop w bluetooth keyboard and can't assign them either. Just makes a complaint noise and registers nothing in the "shortcut" field in paragraph styles box when I try to add it. Disappointing.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is absolute B.S.
    I do not have a desktop computer, and anyone who's used InDesign for extensive typesetting knows how important it is to have paragraph and character style shortcuts.
    THIS IS INEXCUSABLE ADOBE!!!

• Imene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Même constat : impossible de définir un raccourci pour les styles de caractères/paragraphes, même en activant le clavier "Français - Numérique" dans les Préférences Système (ce qui n'aurait de toute façon pas été une solution idéale, puisqu'on perdait les "ç" "é" "è" majuscules).

Adobe, merci de régler ce problème rapidement…

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded. This is actually the very reason I just went to the trouble of updating CC and InDesign on our 5 year-old iMac—my new MBP still can't use keyboard shortcuts for Character and Paragraph styles. Feels like trying to work with one hand tied behind my back knowing I could be _flying_ with keyboard shortcuts that for some reason aren't available on my faster, newer laptop. Adobe, I'd love it if you found a way to make this work on my MBP...

Feedback and Knowledge Base