Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scripts panel not sorted by name

Using: InDesign 2019 (v14.0.2); macOS Mojave 10.14.4

I want to sort script files by name.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/31660828-scripts-panel-sorting

This is a previously fixed issue...
    But it has the same issue again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We were unable to reproduce the issue inhouse. Please can you share the below pieces of information
    1. Which locale of InDesign you are using?
    2. Have you tried to delete the cache and Preferences folder of InDesign and then see whether the issue is happening again?
    3. Can you provide the screen-shot of Script Panel?
    You may mail the information at the email sharewithID@adobe.com

Thanks,
    Aman

2. Properties Panel snaps closed inconveniently

I must admit, I was not a huge fan of the new properties panel, as I found having the properties at the top of my workspace quick, convenient and more easily accessible. In working with typography I've encountered a few issues with the latest release of CC (working on iMac High Sierra):

1. If I try to open the character panel, there is a lag time with the dreaded rainbow spinning wheel that either takes way to long to load and sometimes crashes the program.

So, to get around that, I've adopted using the properties panel for type changes, which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copying Table content from Excel to Indesign leaves the first row blank. Why?

Hello,

InDesign has a strange behavior when copying content from an Excel Table to an InDesign table. When I mark the rows it copies the content not in the first row, instead it leaves it blank and starts with the second one. So all the content moves one row lower than I want.

This is a very annoying behavior which makes working with tables really difficult and uncomfortable. Can you please fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CC Libraries fail to load or connect during launch even when CC is running in the background

CC Library associated link resource images causes error messages during launch of program or file even when CC is running in the background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Library appears signed out but cloud is signed in (CC 2019)

I'm logged in the app and the web, but the library panel in InDesign says "you have closed your session in CreativeCloud". Strangely in the "help" menu my session appears open. I closed and logged several times, even I was temporarily bogged down for a while and the problem persists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. gpu

I am staggered that Adobe InDesign does not support GPU performance on standard display i-Macs - there must be tens of thousands of frustrated InDesign users now struggling with performance issues. This is a huge oversight, particularly when Photoshop and Illustrator both support GPU performance on older iMacs - sad to say very poor of Adobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Key Commands not working

Sometimes when I open up an InDesign document none of my key commands work (I'm on the most up to date version of InDesign CC).

I end up having to close the file and restart the program to get them to work again. I have had instances in the past where I have 2 documents open at the same time and the key commands work in one but not the other.

Does anyone else ever have this issue?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CC library window reappears when adding new paragraph style

Please stop the CC library pane appearing every time a new paragraph style is created. Seems to be a bug as there's no clear relationship between the features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Smart folder (Mac) not showing items

When trying to place a file with "File/Place", smart folders in the file browser do not load any items to select from. Same also with image relinks.
    Strangely the same thing with "File/Save as" works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Issue with Scrolling in Properties Panel

When scrolling in properties, as soon as the cursor lands on a drop down menu the values start to change. THIS MAKES IT UNBELIEVABLY PAINFUL TO WORK.

I want to scroll the panel without changing any values accidentally. I should not have worry about placing my cursor on a few pixels wide of empty area to scroll without any issues!

If it is possible to turn of this feature please help. Otherwise this is a very annoying bug.

In short, scrolling only works without issues only on the limited area around the panels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Wacom tablet settings nonfunctional

Wacom tablet setting for InDesign CC 2019 won't show or function in the active application. The touch ring and radial menu setting do not show up. The default settings appear instead. The screen grabs demonstrate how the touch ring behaves with the four default functions; autoscroll/Zoom, Cycle Layers, Brush Size and Canvas Rotation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "paragraph style options" window size

Paragraph Style Options window opens bigger than my screen (regardless of the size screen I'm working on) and there is no way to resize the window or set the default size of the window? In order to work with Paragraph Styles, I am constantly having to move the window around so I can see all the options there, then move it again to see the preview in my document.

WHY CAN'T WE RESIZE THIS WINDOW? There's no reason it needs to be this large; most of the space is blank.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. missing fonts

CC 2019 - MISSING FONT MESSAGE OPENING FILES

InDesign files opened on pc's after upgrading to Windows ver1809 cannot load fonts - upon opening file, missing fonts error with option to substitute fonts. The same files will open correctly on Windows ver1803 pc's. These results can be duplicated on multiple pc's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. InDesign CC 2019 No search results when trying to place a file

When I try to place a file in InDesign CC 2019 (or ANY CC 2019 app) and I enter text in the search box to find my file it defaults to "my Mac" instead of the folder I want it to search. Then when I select the folder I want to search it yields no results even though I KNOW there is a file there containing that word in the name. The folder I want it to search is on a remote server. I have tried to reindex the remote server in Spotlight (by adding it to the privacy tab…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AIGPU sniffer

Hi I keep having two problems with CC. It seems that Every adobe product that I use opens AIGPU sniffer in ICONS of "last used". Kind of annoying to see that on my OS toolbar all the time.

Second problem is a spacebar hand problem - even I have seen some solutions it seems it is always something different that interrupts this feature - this is crucial tool to use.

Both of those bugs I noticed right after I downloaded another update for CC that I always do and I expect to have some bugs on the start - got…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Menu Items Opens Webpage to Buy InDesign

Indesign CC 2019
    Multiple clicks on menu items with the same results.
    When clicking on menu items the menu item should appear.
    When clicking on Type>Tabs, About InDesign opens a webpage (see attached) to buy Indesign. Each menu item goes to the same webpage. First time I have had this happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InDesign performance issue: Slow on documents present on server

it's not an idea, but a problem. Indesign creates problems on the network and is very slow with server documents, as never before. The media told me to work locally, but I ask Adobe to solve the problem. Windows 10 64 bit - Intel processor 32 GB of ram.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. InCopy becomes very slow when a cross-linked document is closed

InCopy 14.4, MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
    I work on an InCopy document that was assigned to me from InDesign. I want to create a cross reference to another document. Hereto I open that document, check out the content, switch back to my working document and create the references.
    After this I close the referred document and this freezes InCopy. What I see is that the CC-synchronization starts to blink constantly in my top bar. Every mouse click or cursor movement takes appr. 45 seconds to take effect.
    This is unworkable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mouse lag in indesign when photoshop window open

Experiencing terrible mouse lag in indesign, the cursor flickers constantly and it feels like the mouse is swimming through mud. Nearly enough to make the program unusable. Reinstall fixes the problem temporarily but it returns within 30mins.

I have identified that this only happens when a photoshop window is open behind or next to the indesign window.

Indesign 13.1
    Photoshop 19.1.2
    Mac os sierra 10.12.6

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base