When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Character style in brush form so I can just set it and highlight parts of text and the brush does the rest.

Character style in brush form so I can just set it and highlight parts of text and the brush does the rest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the paragraph shading to 'knock out' paragraph border in some way for more usefullness

If I specify a border & use just the 'top' as a horizontal rule with the idea to have it appear only on either side of a line of text, there isn't an option to do that or for the shading to knock-out the 'border' or have one in front of the other so it would be handy to be able to specify that one is on top of the other & the option to knock it out or a gap size. I've achieved the desired effect in the 2nd image with a white stroke but that doesn't work well…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am designing a book with message bubbles, wish you had a variety of them in paragraph shading. Perhaps paragraph custom "shapes."

I am designing a book with message bubbles, I so wish you had a variety of them in paragraph shading. Perhaps you could add custom paragraph "shapes."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search bar in Paragraph/Character/Object

Search bar in Paragraph/Character/Object

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right click a Style Sheet, Find this Style

For years I've been hoping for an option to right click a a specific style to FIND THIS STYLE in the document. Because we all name them differently, I sometimes need to find a Style in the document, rather than click all over the place to hunt it down.

I'm currently working with a manual that I did not create. There are 30 or 40 styles I have to clean up. I love the Select All Unused option, but now I have styles that I know I'm not using and they're still showing as existing somewhere in the document.

Please…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need a tutorial on forcing a paragraph style to actually work

I've been sporadically hunting for a year on how to force a paragraph style to actually work in a text box. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Yes, I've tried the option bit. All I want is for the right margins to be the same, and to have a bottom margin that will keep the last line X amount of line-height from the bottom of the text box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using local alphabets in Numering Style Format (Paragraph Styles)

We have only two character formats "A, B, C, D ..." and "a, b, c, d ..." except digital. But many of us work with texts in languages with other alphabets, which are also used as indexes of lists. It would be nice to have formats of local alphabets depending on the language chosen for the paragraph. For example, if the Russian language is selected for the paragraph, then in the list of character formats, except the Latin alphabet, there will be a Russian "А, Б, В, Г..."
    This property should not depend on whether the localized or English version…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easier crosschecking, resetting and copying throughout all styles

We are working with at least ten different paragraph styles per document. If there are changes to be made in the CIs we have to check every single style: Opening up the Paragraph Style Options window, changing, closing, next style, reapeat... forgetting something and opening all windows again to check.
    -> How about a button in the Paragraph Style Options window to jump to the previous or next style in the list? (might be useful to every kind of Style Option window)

In the Paragraph Style Options window there is a Reset to Base button only under General.
    -> I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyboard Shortcut for Adopting Paragraph Style Sheets

1. Using the text tool, click in a paragraph.

2. Hold Option & Shift, then click a Style Sheet formatted paragraph

3. The paragraph that had the text tool in it is now formatted to the [Option/Shift] clicked paragraph's Style Sheet.

This is one of the most time saving keyboard shortcuts from Quark Xpress.

This saves countless hours for anyone formatting text, albeit a tri-fold, or a 1,000 page catalog.

PS: If you're going to mention Command/Return to bring up Style Sheets, this is not time saving. The user still has to scroll the curser around to select the Paragraph/Character Style Sheet, removing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. addition of style override menu option

Please provide a menu option to override a style. Going to and from the associated style menu is time consuming and and would be easier if I could at least use keyboard navigation to access a menu option under the type, object or table menu headings to activate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spec Sheet for Paragraph Styles

I recently came across the need to print out a spec sheet of paragraph style settings from INDD. We're working with an outside vendor who is programming a proposal builder platform for our business development team. Basically, my design team created branded layout templates in INDD. We gave the vendor our native files, but their programmers need a written spec sheet of all the paragraph style attributes. From the paragraph style palette, when you go into each style, you can see the style settings, but you can't copy that text, nor export the settings as a spec sheet. I doubt…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Symbols panel / Quick apply formatting

Not sure if this suggestion lives under styles. What I'm thinking InDesign needs is a feature like Illustrators symbol library where we can take a group of pre styled objects and define them so that they can be easily dragged back on to the page rather than continually copying and pasting from other parts of a document on to then overtype or swap out images etc. as you build documents consisting of replicable structured content.

Functionality would need to be like Illustrator, a simple drag and drop interface on to a panel. So that any images, shapes, text frames, styles.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Footnote options sync

Can you guys make possible to import Footnote Layout? Or sync it on a book?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Styles order when importing or book synking

It would be a good thing to keep styles order from source file.

If i have the following list of styles
    - Style 1
    - Style 2
    - Style 3

and i create a "Style 2X", i can place ir right above "Style 2". But when it is imported from another file or inked on a book, new style goes to the end of the styles list.

We should have an option like "keep list order" when link or import.

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. color limitation in underline text

When I want to have a color in the background of a text (but not the whole block, only the text), I use character style, underline option with strength and negative offset. For the color I can only choose a few others are not available. It would be nice to be able to choose any color. Any example can be found in the attached file. There I would want to have the yellow color in the dark blue color of the logo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. External (Global) Styles — (Paragraph, Character, Table, etc) to sync and apply to multiple documents

It is constantly frustrating that every year Adobe fails to update InDesign with external Style functionality.

It should be easy to define a set of Paragraph Styles and apply that as "Global Style" which can then be used
    across multiple InDesign files. Updating a "Global Style" would then apply those Style changes to all affected documents.

This should apply to all things that can have styles applied, Table, Object, Paragraph, Character, etc. Any of these different styles should be able to be saved to an External Global Style — that can be then saved externally locally — or saved to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple Nested Styles

Expand the nested paragraph styles to include multiple 'Next' options in one Paragraph Style. This would simplify template setups that repeat the same few Paragraph Styles throughout many pages in various combinations. Currently I create numbered copies of the Paragraph Styles to account for all the variations. It would be nice to see one Paragraph Style for each page that contained the all the Next styles rather than having dozens of repeated styles to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please include "Convert Shape" in the Object Style Options

I'd like to quickly convert my rectangular photos into circular photos. On top of that, I want the circular photos to have a circular text wrap that works.

Currently the work-around is to change the Corner Options to create rounded corners big enough to become a circle shape, but then the text wrap (Wrap around Object Shape mode) is still wrapping around the 90 degree bounding box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Start a new section through a paragraph style

Is it possible to add the ability to start a new section to a paragraph style so that when adding or removing text the beginning of the section is shifted to the desired page?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is Digital Marketing a Shining Career?

Digital Marketing is one of the shining Career Building Courses that is Easiest to Do to Become Successful in Life. There are no Any Minimum Eligibility For this Course, Anyone Can Do this Without Any Eligibility So This Course is Beneficial For Everyone. Youtube Marketing, SMO, SMM are the Part of Digital Marketing. If You Want to Know More About Digital Marketing then Visit the Success Dunia Website. For More Details You Can Visit on https://www.successdunia.com/2020/03/digital-marketing-course.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base