When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Serait-il possible de faire des filets seulement sur un ou plusieurs cotés d'un bloc texte (comme sur une cellule de tableau) ?

J'ai pouvoir appliquer à un bloc texte un filet de contour seulement sur un ou plusieurs cotés du bloc — un peu comme cela est déjà possible pour sur une cellule de tableau. Merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Options d'enchaînement dans un style de paragraphe débutant en page suivante

Ma requête concerne les styles de paragraphes ayant l'option d'enchaînement débutant en page suivante : si l'en-tête de page comporte plusieurs paragraphes identiques successifs, je souhaiterais que l'option de saut de page ne soit active que sur le premier paragraphe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Form styles control within object styles

hi,
    I am referring to been able to edit and adjust all of the setting you have available via the form pane for buttons, check boxes, radio, combo and so on via an object style. at least i think it should be under object styles.

You should be able to control all of the forms options as a style so you don't have to select each one individually when the client has changes. for us doing elearning from indesign this is a must have when creating many text fields, combo boxes, check boxes and so on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make it possible that we can have a number is paragraphs of text that link to the actual page number that is being referenced.

Please make it possible that we can have a number in paragraphs of text that link to the actual page number that is being referenced. So if the page number is changed, then the numbers in the paragraph should also reflect the changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Filter & Labels in (Object/Character/Paragraph) Style Panels

As in Photoshop's and InDesign's Layer Panel it would be very helpfull to have the option for colored Labels/Flags.
    Also, like in Photoshop, a filter/search option on top of the Style Panels would help organizing complex files (newspaper/magazine templates) and speeding up the process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Type and select style from drop down list

Need to type and select the style from the drop down list. Currently we need to find and select the style using mouse scrolling. It will take time when we have lots of paragraph, character styles in InDesign document. Do this for all the drop down list available in InDesign palette. For example, we need to delete a style and replace with another style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New "Justification Auto-Correct" Feature

Justification, while pleasing to the eye from the perspective of an entire page, creates problems. Hyphenation can correct this, to some degree, but it too has its problems. In the end, when justifying text, certain lines of text end up being scrunched while many others leave wide open spaces between words.

In doing my best to correct for these problems, I tend to make most use of the horizontal scale feature. I often find that most of these visual blemishes (scrunching or overly-wide word spacing) can be corrected by either reducing the horizontal scale down to about 97% (in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy FX

Copy / paste layer FX would be very helpful... Much like the Copy Layer Style of PS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Section specific controll of the "based on" featues in paragraph styles

Add a checkbox to each menu under the paragraph style options, to let the user *check* if a set of options should be inherited or overwritten.

A bit like the way we define specific *live* attributes when creating object styles.

The goal is to give the user greater control and insight into what attributes are overwritten, and easily add/remove/change them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for Paragraph/Character Styling with Mac bluetooth keyboard.

I've seen other people post elsewhere about this same issue and request. As a Mac user with a bluetooth keyboard, I'm unable to establish customizable keyboard shortcuts for paragraph/character styling. The field in the style menus is available, but for some reason it cannot be used without a separate number panel on your keyboard(?). Making this feature accessible for bluetooth keyboard users would surely save on a lot of time with projects with tedious styling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow a character style to be a percent of the paragraph it's in

For example, I have a style at 12 points for a paragraph and need to place in it a couple of glyphs from a different font, but at 11 points. If I could say character style X is 96% of paragraph style Y, that would be great.

To my fortune every instance of my "different" 11 font has been surrounded by the same 12 paragraph, but if I had to use this elsewhere at a different size, I'd have to have another character style for that new size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A preference choice to disable the application of local formatting.

A preference choice to disable the application of local formatting. This setting would have fine tune control (similar to the eye dropper tool) to allow some local formatting, such as kerning.
    This feature would be ideal for templates as well as team based workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicated style sheets should not override the original's keyboard shortcut

When you duplicate a text style that has a shortcut key assigned to it, the duplicated style keeps the shortcut key and the original style loses it (it gets greyed out).

What should happen is that the new style has no shortcut key assigned to it, and the existing one keeps it. I see no reason for the current behaviour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MAKE INDESIGN STYLE SHORTCUTS WORK ON MAC LAPTOPS

MAKE INDESIGN STYLE SHORTCUTS WORK ON MAC LAPTOPS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dual numbering system for Indesign using page numbering

@Adobe: Current up-to-date InDesign has only one sequential page-numbering function.

By giving it more flexibility in creating Dual numbering system would be useful, rather then manually adding in numbers.

It will be hectic and time consuming creating design flow like example: Creating a calendar document with dual numbering or more per page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I wish to replace Minion Pro (which I never have used and never will use) with Arial

You've made Minion Pro your default font. I want to use Arial as my default font.
    You've made 1 point your default line width. I want to use 0 point as my default line width.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DIV STYLE Panel FOR EPUB/HTML

Using hundreds of anchored text boxes (with Object styles) within threads is time-consuming but necessary to provide <div> classes for css.
    It would be MUCH quicker if there was an InDesign Div Styles panel where I could apply a class for css to a section that needs different styling between PDF and ePub/html versions. These sections often contain 5 different Paragraph Styles so I need to add some kind of wrapper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spacing & increment styles

The inclusion of preset spacing styles (for individual objects) would be very helpful. You could set up a several spacing increment styles and have a one click approach to spacing. this would be very helpful for catalog design work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add "Unmap All" to Map Tags to Styles

In the Map Tags to Styles popup panel, please supply a "unmap all tags" button. Sometimes we use the tags to prestyle text, but then apply manual overrides, and want to retain the manual overrides when importing new XML. We currently have to manually remove all mapped styles from the tags before doing that, which can be very tedious when working on large numbers of documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base