Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hyperlink to open a file in server doesn't work

Hi
    Here's my problem.
    I try to make a pdf with hyperlinks that lead to some files. (Jpg,doc,xlsx...)
    Those files are on a server shared by all my colleagues.
    But the link never work in the pdf.
    Acrobat or other pdf reader try to connect to internet instead of opening the files. whatever the option i choose in the hyperlink pannel, i see that indesign add url=http before my link.
    Anyone know how we could fix that bug ???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accessibility feature requests

First, thank you for your recent new/improved features, including endnotes, improved word wrap, and better object tags in exported pdfs.

As a designer, the following requests are not just desirable, they are necessary in order to make my documents fully meet government 508 requirements:

• Please make word wrap work no matter where on the page a text or graphic frame is anchored. Currently, word wrap only works if the item is positioned after the anchor.
      Please allow "space before" to work on the first line in a text frame.
      Please change items on master pages so they are active NOT…
    9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add tags to grouped items

Adding tag structure to grouped items would help those of us who need to perform 508 compliance on long documents with multiple grouped items without having to go back and find those grouped items and ungroup them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zoom possible in presentation mode

In presentation mode (Shift + W) the page will scaled to the screen-size. It#s bad, especially if the layout/page is very small. It would be great if I can zoom to 100% (cmd + 1) in presentation mode!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GPU support on non Retina Macs

Please enable support for GPU utilisation on non Retina enabled screens. My graphics card is more than able to lever this ability, it's just my Mac 27" is not Retina.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the Keybaord shortcuts consistent across InDesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop

Plz make the keybaord shortcuts consistent across InDesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop.

For common operations, the shorcuts are different across 3 apps.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dictionnaire français réforme 2016 nouvelle orthographe

dictionnaire avec les nouvelles règles d'orthographe française suite à la réforme 2016

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deleting guides

This might be a bug. If a layer is locked or guides are locked I can't delete all of them. Say I use the Layers>Create Guides and I select remove existing guides, nothing will happen if guides are locked or the layer they are on is locked. Same with the View> Guides and Grids> Delete All Guides on Spread. I can see why this would happen as you might not want to delete every guide sometimes but it contradicts what the option says and becomes annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Variable for dimensions

It would be very useful to have a text variable for dimensions of the page/trimbox/bleedbox or even for objects (along the lines of a caption).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. find/replace should show element in middle of the screen

find/replace should show element in middle of the screen

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allowing the Data Merge feature to tile pages for final Print or PDF.

Allowing the Data Merge feature to tile documents for Print or PDF. I would love to take my 8.5 x 11" , file with one image and some copy being pulled from a data source to be able to print or PDF right from the data merge dialog box and specify to place 4 or more up on a page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feature Request (or bug report) in InDesign directly

When working, I get many ideas who to improve InDesign or what's missing or getting wrong in InDesign. And then I'd like to have a fast feature request form directly out of InDesign. But instead of this I getting forwarded to this forum and that's really to much time to search and the do a new topic.

I'd like to have a real Adobe support-team! To interchange in an easy way (please no more these horrible mails: "I need more infos to the feature request" After drafting my wishes in the way the support will have, half an hour is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Layer Name to the options under Type/Text Variable/Insert Variable

We create a base version and save that as the file name, which we can add to our slug line as Inserted Text, then we have multiple versions which we have to manually add to the slug line before we release proofs to the client. Having the layer inserted into the slug line would be a great improvement to time/accuracy .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating a QR Code in InDesign, Allow User to select VCARD Version

We are having issues with the QR Code generator due to its 2.1 version of the VCARD. Not all readers and phones interpret that correctly, resulting in parsing errors depending on the scanner software used. It would be useful to allow the user to select which VCARD standard they want to use, such as VCARD 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, etc. This will create the metadata to be compatible with more current versions of scanning software. Not sure if version 2.1 is deprecated, but it's not always supported anymore (e.g. RedLaser, etc) causing parsing issues on the address line with iOS as…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save as clears history

Save as clears the document undo history, i'd rather it wouldn't. Say you accidentally saved a document in stead of saving as — next you 'save as' so your new work isn't lost — next you wanna undo all the stuff you've done do re-save the original document, but you can't because the history is lost.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export layered psd

It would be great to be able to export Indesign layers to layered PSD with cropped Indesign images as masked in Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option for fly-out menus to open to the right.

Would it be possible to have an option for the fly-out menus to open to the right to keep the live page area fully visible? It's hard working on spreads in book interiors because any window open covers part of the text. If I have room to shift the spread over, InDesign automatically re-centers the spread when I turn to the next page. (Sample window was chosen in PNG because it's generic.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Linking of Conditional Text and Object Layers

Why not allow linking of conditional text conditions to an objects layers or layer comps. This could be done through the object layer options dialog, where you could have the ability to connect existing conditions to an object, by having a tick box to enable the functionality for that specific object. You could then when it is ticked link the conditions to specific object layers or comps in the object layers dialog box.

I appreciate the name conditional text clearly implies it's text, but it would save time in some cases to have image layers hide and show automatically when…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use regular selection tool with grouped objects

I would like to be able to select multiple objects within a group using the regular Selection Tool. Currently InDesign only allows me to select 2 items within a group. If I try to select a third object it "exits" the group. The Direct Selection Tool allows me to select multiple grouped objects, but will sometimes select just a vertex or other sub-element of an object. It would be great if the regular selection tool could select as much content within a group as desired. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Media Controller Preview

Something that shows the user what the controllers they are selecting for a video looks like. I change the options and try the Interactivity preview but nothing changes. Reading a description on the help page of what the items in the list mean isn't helping either. A better naming system and a visual preview would be way better here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base