1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saving

It would be helpful if there were a revert feature is a TIME-STAMPED revert to previously saved - Or revert to the first time you exported a pdf... Something to that sorts would help if you've already hit save more than once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dragon by Nuance to dictate directly into InDesign

This is an ADA accessibility issue.

Allow Dragon by Nuance to dictate text directly into InDesign. (Mac, Dragon 6.0.7).

This is been a constant problem with compatibility between Dragon and InDesign. I've spoken with both companies help departments about this and each blames the other for not being compatible.

That is where things stood until for different problem I had to have Adobe help via remote access login as root and remove all Adobe installations and files.

After complete reinstall of Adobe products in design accepted dictation from Dragon for about three days. This to me indicates it is a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back recent files

I loved seeing recent files every time I hit open because I could find what I was looking for with a glance. Working with graphics, I am very visual, so these thumbnails saved me a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change ID's file locating from absolute addresses to relative

When I change the name of my project folder, housing all of my ID and art/font folders, InDesign stops linking to the art folder. This is annoying. Is this happening because my art files are in a folder named something other than Links?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Indexes

When creating an Index, you are limited to populate ONLY one Index style format. If you want create more Indexes like the Index format, you can't, you are forced to use the Table of Contents style. Look at MS Word, you can create a General Index, a Index of Cases and Index of Figures.

My suggestion: improve the Index function with the ability to create multiple Indexes, that follow the actual Index format (not the Table of Contents Format)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show options when placing artwork

In previous versions, I didn't have to click the options button to see the options for placing a graphic or PDF. The current version makes me click an option button. It makes no sense. Just show the options. Always. And have the program remember what you did the last time, or make make it so you can set a default the way you want it. Having the options visible without having to click another button would save me a lot of time. You had it right before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A archive/backup save feature

I recently was working on a highly important document. InDesign crashed AT THE SAME TIME as it was in the process of saving the file. I do regular saves, but because of how it crashed I couldn't revert to an earlier saved version of my file. My new workflow is to regularly save my work and I use sequential numbers e.g. filename-v01, filenam- v02. I also sometimes will use save as and create a new file called filename-backup and then I will have to do another save as to revert the document back to filename.indd. What would suit my workflow…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rename the open document from File menu

I would like to be able to rename the current document from the File menu in InDesign (and all other Adobe apps). Now I how to close the file and rename it in Explorer, or save it with the new name and delete the old document file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Additional Conditional text options

I do a lot of publishing work, and one of the banes in the day of a Publishing Designer, is changing spines, it would be great is there was a conditional text option that enabled me to drag a box to the spine width and for that box to report it's width!
    In an ideal world if it could also report the height so we can show the height and width of a book, it would be fabulous!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Asset Export

Asset Export Window that is in Adobe Illustrator would be a very useful feature in Indesign

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please Integrate with photoshop.

Im having a nightmare trying to open Indesign files in to photoshop, keeping layers. One can think that it would be more natural, because thay are both design programs made by the same company. In practice it seems to be impossible. Please I need to be able to do it somehow. Any clues?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email Invoices

Its 2017, how about you start making an option available to email invoices for Creative Cloud? I have to go to 3 different accounts every month to print these manually for my accounts department. Its RIDICULOUS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. F&C queries stored on server

In stead of storing the xml files in the user folder, making it possible to store them on a server too and be able to refer to that folder with a shortcut. As for the scripts you could have the "user queries" and the app queries. This is handy when you have to control more then one computer in your department.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Native AI support.

Using links within AI to keep source files small is useless if INDD is a part of the workflow because INDD will not place AI files unless PDF compatibility is turned on. Turning on PDF compatibility in AI when saving embeds all links so linking files instead of embedding them makes no difference.

Please make INDD able to place AI files that have not been saved with PDF compatibility turned on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save As location

Right now the Save As location seems to be the PREVIOUS folder location where I saved a file.
    However, in other programs like Photoshop, the default location goes to the same folder as opened file.
    Consulted help center and got no solution other than rerouting every time I save as a file. PLEASE also make the default Save As location in InDesign to the same location as opened file!! I'm working on like 3 or more projects at the same time and have to reroute the save location all the time! In fact I accidentally overwrote an important working file…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save As location

Right now the Save As location seems to be the PREVIOUS folder location where I saved a file.
    However, in other programs like Photoshop, the default location goes to the same folder as opened file.
    Consulted help center and got no solution other than rerouting every time I save as a file. PLEASE also make the default Save As location in InDesign to the same location as opened file!! I'm working on like 3 or more projects at the same time and have to reroute the save location all the time! In fact I accidentally overwrote an important working file…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add conditions to Data Merge

There should be conditions in data merge to include or exclude text based on the data in a record. For example, consider a set of business cards. Some users might have a Twitter handle or mobile number, some might not. Currently there is no way to omit empty fields and any text that might go with it, like an "M" and tab to prefix a mobile number and the line break after it. There should be a way to make that text conditional on whether the field is empty or what is in it.

e.g. IF @mobile<>"",M^t@mobile^p,,)

If the mobile…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add conditions to Data Merge

There should be conditions in data merge to include or exclude text based on the data in a record. For example.e consider a set of business cards. Some users might have a Twitter handle or mobile number, some might not. Currently there is no way to omit empty fields and any text that might fo with it, line an "M" and tab to prefix a mobile number and the line break after it. There should be a way to make that text conditional on whether the field is empty or what is in it.

e.g. IF @mobile<>"",M^t@mobile^p,,)

If the mobile…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a less expensive license for small businesses/nonprofits.

I am a small business owner and a loyal Adobe customer since the very first versions of Photoshop and Illustrator. I think it would help your customer base, if you do not plan to provide a perpetual license ever again, if there were to be a discounted license for small businesses and/or non-profits who do not have the yearly income to support a $600+ a year expense.

Of course, one would have to provide proof, such as non-profit status or small-business tax return.

Personally, I wish you'd return to perpetual licenses and make all the cloud-related features an additional fee…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base