2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

110 results found

1. Allow a "consolidate" type of packaging that doesn't create new copies

The ability to take the current working document and consolidate copies of links and document fonts around the existing document, rather than create an additional copy of the INDD working file. Using the Package feature for files in progress that are simply being moved between workstations is problematic because you have to remember to delete the "old" version that was just packaged. I would like a way to make 100% sure that everything I need for the existing file is organized within one master folder, without having to embed all the links or manually delete duplicate INDD files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Batch "enable profiles for all linked images" option

There should be an easy way to batch "enable all ICC profiles" for linked images in an opened document.
    Today, the only way to do this is by changing each image individually. Alternatively, you can force an ICC profile mismatch before opening the file, and then enable all profiles while assingning the correct ICC, which it can lead to errors.

For those whose workflow is based on PDF/X-4, it is crutial to activate the ICC profiles for all the linked images in every InDesign document.
    And since the default behavior for InDesign is to ignore the ICC profile while placing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More options for packaged files.

Here is an idea that I would think is relatively easy to implement, but would be a great relief to many of us.

So, I packe and indesign file and it creates a copy, an idml-file, a pdf and "sucks in" all links and fonts to a neat folder. Indesign operates under the assumption that this is the very last thing you do, but often I do this midway to secure everything, or to move to another computer etc etc. Or i retuurn to a finnished project a year later as the client wants some updates.

I would love the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the font size of the page information when printing out a page. This is too small at 6 pt.

We do thousands of imprints that have all the job number, customer PO and imprint info on the file name. We are converting from qk to indesign. Quark 's title page information uses much larger font and is at the top of the page when printed out which is much more convenient.

We want to be able to identify the document quickly!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How about making pantone to cmyk again like pre cs6? Adobe's lab conversion has cost us a bundle...Quark's conversion however , still works

Adobe's pantone to cmyk conversion of 2738 C-100 M-89.86 Y-9.09 K-2.43
    Quarkexpress's pantone 2738 conversion to cmyk c-99.2 m-87.8 y-0 k-8.6
    Panton's website Pantone 2738 conversion to cmyk c-100 m-92 y-0 k-1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Load automatically the maximun ink (TAC) from the CMYK working space profile in the separations preview palette

Load automatically the maximun ink (TAC) from the CMYK working space profile in the separations preview palette.

It would be a nice feature if InDesign could load automatically the maximun ink (TAC) from the CMYK working space profile in the separations preview palette. Sometimes it is quite difficult to find that value inside the profile and if you are working with different requirements, as some prepress workshops do, having that preloaded would avooid many troubles.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Print Preview rather than a P... or is that a d?

I'm amazed at how complicated it is to be able to print something as simple as front cover and back cover as a spread.

in fact, i have yet to figure that out at all.

Is there a reason why i can't print select pages from a catalog, and see where they will land on a page?

I feel like I'm working in Quark back in 2001. Have we made no progress in in the print dialog box since then?

I'd like to be able to SEE the pages (from selected range) their orientation on select paper stock, and how…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Leave links in the CC library when packaging a document.

Many of my links in my InDesign documents point to a shared CC library. So that I don't have to resend all the data when I package the document, it would be good to have a function that leaves the links of the document in the CC library and only collects the images that are not in the CC library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make PDF preset selection permanent

When packaging files, keep the "select PDF preset" from changing to whatever preset was used last in Indesign. When I package, I always use the same settings, but that PDF preset changes based on the setting I used when just creating a proof from Indesign. I'd love to have a preset that allowed me to create two PDFs -- when I package, I make crops and no crops versions. Would be a big timesaver -- to at least keep that preset the same for packaging and then to create two versions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Arc or Warp feature for conical label designs

Please include warp features in Indesign so that labels for conical and tapered shapes can be created easily on an arc. The ability to create a curved template via inputting the top and bottom circumference of a cone should also be included so that curves can be customised. If this is not possible then possibly a PDF warp feature of exported flat designs from indesign would be useful. At present 3rd party software or plugins that offer this functionality (similar to Studio by Esko) are very expensive.

Thanks, Justin

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MAKE PACKAGE FEATURE USE ORIGINAL LOCATION AS ITS ROOT.

I would like the PACKAGE feature to default to the ORIGINAL location of the file. Rather than having to hunt around when I chose PACKAGE. I have many projects to package, and often when i choose PACKAGE FILES it will default to some previously-referenced folder—often completely different folder/location. Its a nuisance. Causes issues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Visual indicator RGB print document - large format inkjet printing AND easier creation of RGB doc

Making it easier to have an RGB file for printing to a large format inkjet?
    (only saying inkjet made me think of a consumer product).

Current option for creating a document is for presswork --
    Have to change the transparency blend space to RGB to take advantage of the larger color space available with the extra inks there.

MAYBE
    The top bar that is above the document frame (has the home button in the corner) Can that be a different color to indicate if you are in a CMYK or RGB blend space?

You already know the color issues if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove "Publication must be saved before continuing" workflow requirement.

The requirement to save a file before creating a package is cumbersome. Often, I am saving a package to a new location to use as a starting point for a new project, or a creating a new separate version. Saving it requires potential alterations to be saved in the original file. Even without modifying the file, updated links or fonts might saved or broken.

One can Save As first, as a workaround, but this is the cumbersome second step. Creating a package from any open file without first saving it should be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. package indesign containing other indesign documents linked

I've a INDD doc containing several INDD docs linked. When I do package, if I select the make IDML option, only the main doc is saved as this, not the linked docs. I need to manual convert each doc (or open all docs and batch convert).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Copy dependent files to Links on save

Can we please have a checkbox in the Save dialog that enables us to automatically collect all dependent files to the Links folder when saving the file?

I know there is an option to copy links to a folder but this is a manual process. I think the option I’ve described above will alleviate many issues with people unknowingly leaving links in their Downloads folder etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove plug in

I used an add-on module for years that I will not need anymore. Without the current version of this plugin, I can not package the files anymore. Therefore, I would like to permanently remove the plug-in from the file. For that I can not find a solution, except to first create an IDML file.
    I'm looking for a simpler solution, because I have several hundred files that are equipped with the module.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please allow an export as TIFF option!

I don't understand why a graphic design software won't allow pages to be exported as a TIFF! It is fine if it is restricted to single-pages.
    It's a HUGE pain to try to convert my designs into PDF or JPEG and open in photoshop, and always introduces some quality loss. Please Adobe, make your software functional for the 21st century!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Print menu switches back to "all" instead of "range" automatically

Every time you print a specific page, and need to print another the print menu automatically switches to "All" instead of "range" This causes a lot of paper waste and abort print job problems. Would it be an idea to make it so that indesign keeps the latest used setting instead? This have been suggested before i guess, but the problem is still there.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. possibility to change the filename when making a PDF while packaging

We always define our PDF's with a coding for HR or LR, and I always need to manually add it after packaging. Why not make the naming of the PDF standard as identical to the indd filename, but with an option to change it or add something to it, like what PDF settings where used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base