2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

110 results found

1. Batch "enable profiles for all linked images" option

There should be an easy way to batch "enable all ICC profiles" for linked images in an opened document.
    Today, the only way to do this is by changing each image individually. Alternatively, you can force an ICC profile mismatch before opening the file, and then enable all profiles while assingning the correct ICC, which it can lead to errors.

For those whose workflow is based on PDF/X-4, it is crutial to activate the ICC profiles for all the linked images in every InDesign document.
    And since the default behavior for InDesign is to ignore the ICC profile while placing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow saving importing and exporting Proof Setup settings (Also include Colour blindness settings)

InDesign is usually the final step in creating a publication where the changes can be made. It is therefore important to view a document, especially if intended for print, with correct proof settings. In Photoshop it is possible to save Proof settings, but in InDesign this is not possible (I wish they were interchangeable)

Comparing Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign you see that there is less and less possibilities to have control which is ironic because often you would not know the output intent until you come to InDesign, and you may also have assets that are to be used for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Break the table straddle rules (borders)

Often we're receiving the feedback from our internal clients that table rule to be splitted whenever the tables are having multiple heads (attached the screen shot). Currently we unable to achieve this, need to fix in InDesign to fix this feedback.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Push Out Compensation for Perfect Binding on PDF Export

Being able to take a facing page document and adding an amount of cross over bleed from the spine and scaling that amount from the spine to the outer trim would be invaluable to my workflow for large perfect binding books. As it is now stands, I have to separate each spread to single pages and create bleeds towards the spine and move/scale each page to allow for artwork alignment in the final printing and binding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Print Preview Dialogue Box

The small print preview in the print dialogue box was recently changed to a light grey, making it harder at first glance to discern page from background. Can you please allow changing it back to dark grey be a preferences option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. XML Workflow – InDesign need to improve much

We're facing huge difficulties in InDesign while handling the XML structure in InDesign, but it's good in FrameMaker. After importing the XML files in InDesign, no control is available in InDesign to validate the XML coding structure, also allowing the users to easily tamper the XML coding. Due to this limitation, XML extracting from InDesign are not actually correct and users need to fine-tune the same and spending huge time to correct. So current XML features to be improved much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Restore the page overlay display in the print dialog.

I previous version of InDesign and the initial releases of InDesign 2017, you could see quite clearly what would print on the selected sheet size. In the latest update as of Aug 2017, if I change a sheet from letter to legal that has been printed previously, letter is still selected in the dialog, but due to the preview sheet being legal and cannot see that there is a size mismatch without going through the individual dialogs. For reference, the portion of the document that would not be within the printable region showed as a different shade of grey, whereas…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto Package INDD files by Default

It would be helpful if InDesign packaged documents by default when they are created. Ideally, as fonts and linked images are added to/deleted in the document, they are auto added/deleted in the package.

This would be a time saver and would ideally eliminate the unnecessary duplicate INDD file created in the current package output and ensure all the current assets are in the file without ever having to manually update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hej Jag råkade ut för ett problem vid packning för tryck.

När jag packade en bok med 300 bilder för tryck hämtade InDesign bildfiler från olika bildmappar och samlade till en Link-mapp.

Problemet blev när två bilder från två olika fotografer hade samma namn eg. sifferkod (IMG3061). Då lade InDesign till suffixet _1 så att den andra bilden döptes till (IMG30611). När detta gjordes gavs ingen varning att det skedde. Därför blev resultatet att i den efterföljande tryckfils-processen länkades bildfilen (IMG3061) upp på två ställen.
    Så därför bör Adobe lägga upp en varning att den hämtat två bilder med samma namn och fråga om det stämmer. Jmf…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flipped Images in Pre-Flight

I'd like to add "flipped image" to the pre-flight process.

I've recently had to scour a product catalog for flipped images because a junior designer didn't realize that flipping images mis-represented the non-symmetrical producs. It should be something that pre-flight draws attention to as a potential error, similar to non-proportional scaling.
    I was able to install an obscure script that looked for both flipped frames and flipped image content and made a list for you - it was a lifesaver!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Package convert images to specific format

For architects, urban designers, and artists, InDesign has become an essential tool. However, our needs differ from those of graphic designers, introducing unique challenges. We often maintain specific folder structures for original files, repurposing them for various mediums - be it print, websites, or emails. For instance, when delivering a poster, it's inefficient to include large PSD images in both the 'links' folder and another location. Notably, for academic submissions, recipients often don't require layered files; they need images suitable for websites, emails, etc. Considering that most competition or submission layouts remain static after submission, a "convert images to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Efficient Packaging

Have an option when packaging to "close current file and open new packaged file"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Path to images in linked InDesign documents not adjusted when packaged

I have packaged an InDesign document with linked InDesign documents for the printer. The images inside the packaged InDesign files have the wrong path, it has not been adjusted to the packaged images.

Our printer has printed the product therefor without the linked images which is a desaster. Please fix linked image paths within linked InDesign documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Duplex options in print dialog

I would like to be able to set duplex on / off and flip direction in the print dialog.

How it is currently setup, I have to change the printer, click "Setup..." which gives a warning about settings conflicts, click "OK", change the printer again (because I'm not using the default), scroll down to "More Settings", click "More Settings", navigate the HP print settings to adjust duplex settings, click "ok", click "print"

I would like the duplex settings brought out to the main print dialog because going through about 10 steps to change 2 settings is a huge waste of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Preflight: option to check document text only (not in linked graphics)

Hi, I would appreciate to be able to determine whether or not the Preflight profile marks errors found in linked graphic files, rather than in the document itself. (For example, when a linked graphics file uses fonts that are flagged as 'not allowed', it might still be reproduced well while the same error is likely to be important when it occurs in a text included in the .INDD file itself.).
    I'm mainly thinking of text-related errors like invalid or missing fonts. For controlling this, the current TEXT options could just be duplicated into "Document Text" and "Text in linked graphics".…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a more helpful errror message for when idesign cannot package the file.

Currently the error message displayed just says 'InDesign could not package the document "____". Cannot copy necessary linked file(s). This is super unhelpful when I have hundreds of links in my document and am given no hints as to which file is the issue or what the issue is. As a result I'm left stabbing in the dark trying to work out what the problem might be amongst hundreds of files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ink Alias with a already used Spot but at a Percentage

In designing a calendar, it would be preferable to design for multiple colors initially, and then if the customer wants 1 color instead, i can substitute the various colors for instead the picked spot, but at a different Tint Percentage. I can already create a swatch of the spot @ XX%, but now i want to replace "SetupGreen" with 60% 286, and "SetupOrange" with 20% 286, for example. And at the end I still want to output this one spot color, but the design now sets those elements to the ink density of that spot color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Packaging working file PSD's as well when packaging up files.

I often find that when opening up packaged files from others, I find myself wishing they had also included the layered PSD's for the images. These are not included if the InDesign file only uses flat jpeg versions. It would be amazing if when packaging up a file, it could also include the layered PSD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. color profile black listing and/or whitelisting in preflight

Not everything that is RGB is bad in today's print publishing. While we certainly don't want to use sRGB images if we can avoid it, there are some good options for color spaces in media-neutral design workflows (e.g. eciRGB, Adobe RGB).
    Being warned that certain undesirable color profiles are being used in linked images, and skipping those that are considered okay, should improve any modern desktop publishing workflow.
    A "missing/no profile" option should also be included, as these cases completely defeat the purpose of color management workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Quickbooks tool hub

Intuit developed the https://qberror.com/quickbooks-tool-hub/ (Quickbooks tool hub), making it easier than ever to fix common QuickBooks application issues and inconsistencies. QB Tool Hub is a multi-functional asset that contains all of the tools needed to resolve common QuickBooks mistakes, such as File Doctor, QuickBooks Refresher, Condense Data Tool, PDF and Print Repair Tool, and others. This is an all-in-one multipurpose tool for dealing with company file problems, network issues, PDF and printing errors, data corruptions, password reset, and other issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base