When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rework Grid: Set Grid opacity, Add Grid to Document setting in stead of Preferences

Grids are very usefull. But when those are In Front, it would be convenient if the opacity could be reduced. 100% opaque makes it hard to make design decisions when the grid is active.

An old (Xpress legacy?) irregularity, is that Grid settings are part of Preferences, while these should be part of Document Setup.

Grids belong to a document, not the application.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save All and Close All

Add a 'Save All' and 'Close All' to the File menu. Photoshop and other Adobe software have had this since the '90s, so why doesn't InDesign? It's inefficient to click on dozens of documents one at a time in order to save them and/or save and close them. Please emulate Photoshop as the ideal example.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix bug that makes windows invisible/inaccessible on opening InDesign

Every time I first open InDesign, all the windows are invisible/inaccessible, or the window icons are visible but they don't open. The only solution I've found is to quit and reopen the program, sometimes multiple times. Using InDesign on Mac with High Sierra. Application Frame is off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A menu option for "Recent Templates"

Opened documents only appear in the Recent File list if they are opened "as usual" or "as original". However, templates (and files opened "as copy") do not make it into this list. This means that when working with templates, you have to keep browsing to the right folder – per file first to retrieve the template, then to the folder where you want to save the copy.

I don't think it's correct to add "copy" files to the Recent Documents list as it may lead to additional confusion. A new menu option "Recent Templates" would solve it all – especially…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Smaller increments when zooming using Keyboard Shortcuts or Mouse Wheel

If someone is using a Mac laptop, the zooms that can be achieved using the trackpad can be very precise, however the zooms with Mouse Wheel or Keyboard Shortcuts can be a bit too "jumpy" and frustrating.
    For example it jumps from 50% to 75% to 100%. What I often need given my screen size is 60%.
    Maybe if the zooms were smoother all the time it would allow more users to find the right zoom for their comfort, especially if working with several screens

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add full fullscreen/splitscreen support for Mac OSX

OSX has a fullscreen/splitscreen mode, integrated into their Spaces (desktop view dedicated to one app only) support in almost any app.

Acrobat (!) already added this fullscreen support.
    The classical design workflow would be greatly improved if InDesign (and most other CC apps) would support this native OSX feature.

Especially corrections, copying text, comparing artwork and final lay-out, switching apps, would go much faster, with less switching of views, apps, moving windows around etc…

On a MacBook, this would make all Adobe apps much more useful. I (and many others) do not want to pay for a second monitor, only…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Library panel: Pop-up preview on focus

Thumbnails, even large thumbnails, in the Library panel are often not enough to know which object I’m looking at. I often have a lot of similar items in one library. How about a preview that appears when the mouse hovers over a library item? It would work like tool tips.

While I’m on the subject, how about letting us name items in the panel instead of requiring a dialogue? Most panel work this way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Inline search filter for all styles panels and swatches

Alle styles and swatches panels should have an inline search filter to narrow down large lists of styles (similar to the quick apply window and the layer panel in Photoshop).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Rubber band for pen tool

I would love to have the rubber band on the pen tool like Illustrator.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Object Export Options should have a short cut

Object Export Options should have a short cut available or one that you can set. Currently there is no way to do that and when you're doing accessible documents it's very difficult to do multiple images with different alt text.

Please make accessibility tools a priority for InDesign

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove Adobe Stock search field from the menu bar

I don't use Adobe stock, and have no plans to. I see that under View > Extras > there is an option to hide "stock purchase badge." And in Preferences, there is a way to Disable Publish online. I would like a way to hide the Search Adobe Stock field from the Control bar. No matter how small the window gets, it is still there, even iff all the other (useful) options don't fit. Please allow us a way to hide it.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scrubby zoom with option to enable/disable

Scrubby zoom option in the Preferences with enable/disable toggle, just like in Photoshop and Illustrator.
    And the default option should be unticked (disabled).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Glyphs accessing

Just like MS WORD, to assign keyboard button(s) for a glyph that I use frequently and not accessible in my keyboard, the glyph palette is good, but in this case it is very awkward to use it. MUCH THANKS ADOBE BRAINS!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it easier to reset preferences and/or clear cache

There are so many folks reporting InDesign issues on the forum recently that are solved by trashing preferences and/or clearing the cache files. This is so easy to address in Photoshop—Prefs > General > Reset Preferences on Quit—and so many steps in InDesign. We have to determine the operating system, address how to show hidden files, etc. Can this please be added to Preferences?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Come on guys!!!!!! Most of your applications on Mac are horrible when it comes to multiple screens. PLEASE FIX THIS SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you get the point even though it has been said before.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Toggle through styles and narrow by search in paragraph/character/object style windows

The ability to go through all styles without leaving the Paragraph Style Options window. Like forward and back arrows. If you are editing multiple paragraph styles at a time (or character or object styles for that matter), currently you have to close out of the dialog box every time you want to toggle to a new style. It’d be nice to toggle or click through to the next style (alphabetically), or choose it from a drop-down menu.

Also. when you have a long list of styles, the ability to search for them by typing. Right now, you have to scroll.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't open menu after pressing Alt for zoom

Pressing Alt on Windows brings focus to the top menu and pressing a following letter is interpreted as an access key, opening a menu. This in itself is good for accessibility and productivity.

However, in InDesign Alt is also pressed to zoom with the scroll view. I very often press W to toggle preview mode and very, very often press Alt to zoom. Several times an hour the Window menu flies open due to me pressing W after Alt has been pressed.

I suggest scrolling should move focus away from the top menu. This allows you to still use Alt…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. touch bar support

I've been using the touch bar of my MacBook Pro for a lot of things, including Photoshop. As I am mainly using Indesign in my everyday work, it would be great to have touch bar support, for instance for applying paragraph styles to texts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customize toolbar

Let user customize toolbar with ability to remove less frequently used tools or rearrange order of tools. Maybe under preferences?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable easy batching of GREP Find/Change queries & expandable 'entry window'

Hi there,

Rather than rely on third-party software (or convoluted scripts), there should be an option to batch GREP queries together in the Find/Change menu.

Also, it would be nice (for more extensive/complicated GREPs) to be able to expand the window in general (pertaining to both Find/Change's GREP tab and the equivalent menu for GREP styles elsewhere) when entering the expressions.

As an addendum to that last point, at the very least InDesign should have a built in (expandable) panel for copying and pasting complicated GREP syntax without having to worry about certain syntax items disappearing if copied and pasted…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base