1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit Styles/Access Style Options dialog from Properties panel

It is easy to create a new style via the Properties panel, but cumbersome to edit styles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unlock UI when dialog box open

I would like to be ale to work on more than one pararagrapg or object while a dialog box is open. For instance, I’d like to be able to open the Paragraph Styles panel while in a paragraph then be able to click in another paragraph without having to close then reopen the panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Desc: A pref to turn off Adobe cheesy marketing headlines on Open screen–Why?: Chesy mktng dsnt wrk on designers

I suspect this "feature" wasn't tested. I can't believe I'm the only one distracted from work with OMG every time I open the app. Please make it stop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Simplify hyperlink process

I've been using Indesign for over a decade but still can't fully understand the hyperlinking process. For example, what is the difference between New hyperlink destination and New hyperlink? (I've read about the difference but still find it kludgy.) What couldn't the process be as simple as when defining a paragraph/character/object style sheet in ID? Why can't I add simple page links to text (sometimes it works, other times it doesn't). Why does the hyperlink panel only provide a URL shortcut and not a simple Go to page #? And why can't I rename previously used hyperlinks by simply double…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Zoom to selection is not using enough screen real estate

when using shortcut shift-cmd-= to perform a zoom to selection, the object is being centred, which is good, but the zoom view is too small given that there're just too many spaces being left around the object.

Ideally, when zoom to selection this will snugly fit the object just into the window, which I found an interesting coincidence. Say for example, theres an object thats being set to zoom to selection, and the zoom level of it is 30.7% (and just feel how small the object would look on screen at this level), then you multiply this number by 2,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Workspace Issues with every document

Using 2019 Adobe InDesign on Mac OS Mojave

Whenever I open a new document, or open a recent document, my workspace panels on the left disappears every time. It never happened in 2018. It's quite annoying having to reset the workspace with every document opened. Please fix. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CC Library Keyboard Shortcuts, or TextExpander feature

CC Libraries exist to make it fast to add pre-built content to an INDD. Text does not have a quick way of placing inline - you must right click and click place content. Annoying when doing hundreds of times.

Two solutions:
    1. Right clicking on a library element should have "keyboard shortcut" adjacent "rename". When a keyboard shortcut is added, show that shortcut on the right side of the element in the CC Library panel.
    2. Add 'text expander' feature. Right click on a text library element and have option for 'expand text on...' where a unique phrase can be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop resetting the Apps after every update

Every time you update InDesign the Workspace is reset. This is exhausting! I understanding you want to parade any new features, but why does this update have to make me start again with the UI? It's infuriating and only done as a piece of Marketing for Adobe.

Look we love you all OK? You don't need to keep flirting with us, just leave my settings the way they were – you know you can.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update the new New Document dialog box

1. Add the ability to removed saved and recent presets easily—individually and collectively

2. Add a preview checkbox (so new users can see the page they are building as in the legacy New Document dialog box)

3. Update the way you save a new preset—right now there is a box to type in a new name, but when you click on the Save icon you have to type the name in again.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Workspace – Why can't Workspace preferences be applied to all devices?

I currently use three (sometimes 4) Apple Macs in various locations around the country as I move from office to office. I understand the constraints re logging computers in and out of my account (no problem there), but why can't my Workspace preferences be shared amongst the computers? After all Adobe know who I am, they know what computer I'm using, they've loaded my CC libraries, surely applying my Workspace preferences to all of my devices by default, can't be that difficult?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Workspace – I have to re-create my workspace every time IND updates. Why?

Why can't IND remember the Workspace settings? Why do I have to go into preferences and move the windows around to the way they were before the update. This must be fairly straight-forward to implement, surely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Icon looks too much like Premiere

Sometimes I accidentally click the wrong icon because the color of the two programs (that I both use) are close together...

Either changing the color or the logo (invert?) or both could help.

By the way, for the color blind the icons aren't very user friendly either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Application In Use indicator

I bounce between InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop continuously and often realize after trying something that I'm in Illustrator, not InDesign. If there were a subtle unobtrusive way to indicate this, so it 'feels' like Illustrator that would be nice. I don't mean overboard, like Microsoft's Word blue, Excel's green. Something I can change until I find something I like. An indicator in the toolbar? Does this exist already and I don't know?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. apple mouse scrolling

Scrolling with Apple Magic Mouse sends the document flying over numerous pages.

While I appreciate that this issue has been a stand off between Apple & Adobe, us users simply can't switch out our mouse. This stand off is hostile to users, it's infantile and unprofessional. In design studios we use this application all day long, 90% of my work will eventually go through InDesign.

As a minimum please provide the option to automatically disable scrolling when using Adobe InDesign, optimally just detect the mouse and change the scrolling behaviour to no longer be user hostile.

Adobe has the opportunity…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. East Asian languages (Chinese, Japanese, etc.) support for English and/or other Western languages UI

Pls make East Asian language setting available for English and/or other Western languages UI.

Sometime I work for East Asian customer and need to deal with East Asian language, but I still need English UI.

Now I have to install and uninstall East Asian Version of ID when I want to use this feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rework Grid: Set Grid opacity, Add Grid to Document setting in stead of Preferences

Grids are very usefull. But when those are In Front, it would be convenient if the opacity could be reduced. 100% opaque makes it hard to make design decisions when the grid is active.

An old (Xpress legacy?) irregularity, is that Grid settings are part of Preferences, while these should be part of Document Setup.

Grids belong to a document, not the application.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save All and Close All

Add a 'Save All' and 'Close All' to the File menu. Photoshop and other Adobe software have had this since the '90s, so why doesn't InDesign? It's inefficient to click on dozens of documents one at a time in order to save them and/or save and close them. Please emulate Photoshop as the ideal example.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix bug that makes windows invisible/inaccessible on opening InDesign

Every time I first open InDesign, all the windows are invisible/inaccessible, or the window icons are visible but they don't open. The only solution I've found is to quit and reopen the program, sometimes multiple times. Using InDesign on Mac with High Sierra. Application Frame is off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A menu option for "Recent Templates"

Opened documents only appear in the Recent File list if they are opened "as usual" or "as original". However, templates (and files opened "as copy") do not make it into this list. This means that when working with templates, you have to keep browsing to the right folder – per file first to retrieve the template, then to the folder where you want to save the copy.

I don't think it's correct to add "copy" files to the Recent Documents list as it may lead to additional confusion. A new menu option "Recent Templates" would solve it all – especially…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add full fullscreen/splitscreen support for Mac OSX

OSX has a fullscreen/splitscreen mode, integrated into their Spaces (desktop view dedicated to one app only) support in almost any app.

Acrobat (!) already added this fullscreen support.
    The classical design workflow would be greatly improved if InDesign (and most other CC apps) would support this native OSX feature.

Especially corrections, copying text, comparing artwork and final lay-out, switching apps, would go much faster, with less switching of views, apps, moving windows around etc…

On a MacBook, this would make all Adobe apps much more useful. I (and many others) do not want to pay for a second monitor, only…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 11 13 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base