1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show cross-reference destination document in the cross-ref panel

I work with a lot of guides and need to use a lot of cross-references in my files. When these files later get used as a base for new files and saved under different names, or content is copy-pasted from one file to another, the cross-references point to the old (wrong) destination. I know you can select a cross-ref and change its destination document from the palette menu, but first you need to know that there is such wrong reference, but it is difficult when the cross-reference colour indicator is green and you think everything is fine. I would love…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Migrate Workspaces On App Updates

ALWAYS migrate user workspaces when an app is updated.

It is SO FRUSTRATING to be on a tight deadline and have your UI blow up because Adobe pushed a version update without migrating over your workspace settings.

There is no point in having savable user workspaces if they all disappear every time you update the application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hold Alt when dragging from Bridge/Explorer/Finder to pop the 'Import options' dialogue for that file placement

QoL improvement - would allow you to skip using the menu interface when you just want to set PDFs/AI to include bleed or not - or when you want a specific page or layer from a paginated or layer file type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reinstate option to hide Application Bar

This option has been removed in 2020.
    Application bar has virtually no functionality, and wastes valuable space on screen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hierarchical styles in panels

Design the styles panels to show "based on" hierarchically. This way, we can trace back unused styles to their sources. I use a script to find "based on" for paragraph styles, but it would be better to visualize it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. specify which document contains errors

if you have to open more then one indd file, and some of this files have missing or modify links you get just this simple message. But you dont know which document contains missing links. and if i will open 10 files at once, a have go thru all this files to find out which file have missing links. I know i can use book and run preflight, but that is to much of work :)

Can you just add name of the file in to this message box? Like picture 03?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Home icon is a pain

Very often when I need to click on the File menu I clicking on the Home icon instead, which is useless for me and I'm going to the Home screen on InDesign instead of making the routine operations in File menu.

Can you move that Home icon somewhere else? For instance, can you move it after the Help menu or can you allow to change its position in Settings?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back Click-and-Drag character and paragraph interface

The scale scrubbers on the control panel/menus that allowed us to click and drag to adjust character size, tracking, line spacing, etc. were invaluable. It allowed us to see the changes as we were making them. Please bring them back! It takes me about eight times as long to lay out text now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We have an urgent need for the media controllers to return.

Currently the interactive PDF user has no way to replay/rewind/advance videos!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Scrubby/ Animated Zoom

This has been requested since 2017 with no comment, and this is one of the most basic and urgent features - especially considering the fact the Photoshop and Illustrator - which are tightly linked to InDesign - do have this feature.

Illustrator should have the option for Scrubby/Animated zoom.
    If I'm not mistaken, this already exists for Mac users, but not for PC users.

This is beyond frustrating and should be at least addressed by an Adobe representative.

Thank you, and I hope this will be fixed soon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix the defaults

People rarely go into preferences and change the defaults. So for them it’s important to have good default values from the start. For people who know how to change the defaults it’s helpful if those defaults start out with the right values.

I’m talking about the font size and leading increments and kerning/tracking value increments. Why would the default increment be two points for font size and leading, not one? Does Adobe think we want to make it faster to greatly increase the point size at the expense of not being able to dial in the exact point size size…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to make frame handles larger

Ability to make frame handles larger to enable better user experience when adjusting boxes using a touch screen. They are too small at the moment for accurate grabbing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add sliding / scrubbing value inputs like in PS

Add the feature from the PS-GUI, where u can change values, by mouse-down on the corresponding icon and moving the cursor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Customise Home / Welcome Screen in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.. possibly all Adobe programs.

I work across a variety of Adobe programs and have MANY custom templates I use on a daily basis.

It would be great to have the ability to customise the indesign / photoshop / illustrator welcome screen to have shortcuts to my custom templates I use on a daily basis. This could be placed next to "Recent" with "Your Custom Templates" .. something like this.

See this thread for details:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/can-you-customize-the-home-screen/m-p/10930430?page=1#M166546

I can't imagine this being too difficult to implement. Please look into this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easier to rearrange document tabs

I often have many different documents open in tabs but not in separate windows. I drag the tabs together so that InDesign's screen looks sort of like a browser with multiple tabs at the top. But only the selected tab is visible in the main windows. But rearranging these tabs in my preferred order is VERY finicky. I have to drag precisely left or precisely right, and about half the time my tab, instead of rearranging, opens in a new window. Frustrating.

The solution would be to recode so that when you drag a tab left or right to rearrange,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. save the set of all open files

If you live in an environment where you have to shut down InDesign and start it up again, such as a corporate "day job" or if you want to backup your files at night:
    Offer an option to reopen all of the file tabs that you had open when you last quit.
    I often have a set of four files open, two of which are open in two windows/tabs., for a total of six windows/tabs. It would be nice to be able to start up InDesign and have it automatically reopen all those files, basically getting back to where I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Find and Search

Perform multiple Find and replace with saved queries. I get a lot of standard documents that require the same find and replace. There isn't a record action button like the other Adobe products so it would be great to have that or run multiple queries at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Split screen on mac os

please allow split screen view on the MAC OS. I am constantly working across programs like indesign and word and this would be very helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base