2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

665 results found

1. Repeat Grid

I'd love to see the Adobe XD Repeat Grid function redeveloped into InDesign. This would be invaluable to many publication designers that have repetitive layouts. Master Pages are great, but I think if it incorporated the repeat grid, it would increase workflow efficiency.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adjust Frame Edges From Anypoint ...Not Just Middle of The Edge

I'd like to be able to adjust frame edges from any point on the edge. This would work much like the slice select tool in Photoshop.

Specifically, this would be useful to edit frames where you're zoomed in and the middle of the edge isn't near the content you're trying to crop with the frame.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please allow placed PSD layer blend modes to carry over into InDesign

We build 2-layer Photoshop files for product images. Top layer is product image set to NORMAL blend mode. Bottom layer is shadow of product set to MULTIPLY blend mode. When placed in InDesign the shadow layer does not carry over multiply blending. It knocks out anything under it in InDesign file. Our work around is placing two copies of the PSD file on top of each other. We then have to set the bottom image to Multiply with top layer turned off in Object Layer Options. Then the top image needs to have shadow layer turned off in Object Layer…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Break Footnotes Marker

If long footnotes breaks on two pages autoinsert some symbol on end of first part and some symbol on the beginning of the second part. Would also be nice to have the possibility to choose a glyph for these markers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show at least some info about an object when cursor hovers over it

I used to use a plug-in that showed me info about any object on the page if I clicked it. That plugin hasn't worked for me in years, so I'm stuck opening and closing the Links panel all the time. I'd like ID to show me some info about objects just by hovering over them (like it instantly shows the grabber when you mouse over an image). Doesn't have to be everything that's shown in the link info. Could just be simple stuff, like dimensions, actual and effective resolution, file name. Or the user could choose from the same choices…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Image frames grow in height or width

Similar to the options that we have for text boxes, Autosize to height, width, both etc, could we do the same for images and then use the fit to frame options to control how the text boxes grow.

i.e you import and landscape image into a image holder, it is set to fit to height, but then the width grows or shrinks accordingly to fit the image. this can then effect text wrap.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Max size in Text Frame options.

Why is there a minimum size for text frames, but not a maximum size. We use Auto-size combined with text-wrap a lot with liquid layout templates to allow text to adapt to it's new sizes/dimensions. Occasionally it would be great if we could build a maximum size that the text box can grow too instead of giving it the minimum size.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add/Improve more features of Liquid Layout

Liquid layout has been around for ages, but there are no new developments. It would be good if you could link two elements together. i.e. a text box with an image box so that as artworks grow or shrink, the relationship between the two elements work in conjunction with each other, I know Chilli have taken the liquid layout concept and enhanced it on their web2print platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Inline graphic text wrap

I'm a long time InDesign user but am baffled by the inline graphic options currently offered. That ID ignores text wrap settings of the pasted graphic is counter-intuitive, the need to place a paragraph causes unwanted spaces between paragraphs (should the graphic not extend to the full width of the text block), and the visual "anchor object" and "anchor position" options has the graphic jump all over the place without reflecting the usual anchor point behavior I expect. Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an option to rasterize chosen graphic objects on export (especially vectors)

Often we have to work with vectors, and often they take up a lot of space, which leads to the growth of the final PDF document and the slow rendering of the document in browsers. The trick with reducing transparency, when we make the selected frames 99% opaque and turn on the flattener, does not always give a good quality result and can cause stitching.
    I suggest adding the option "rasterize" to the settings of the style of the graphic frame, so during the export the vector object is replaced with a raster copy. The quality settings for rasterization can…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Text in Circle

Text ist Never in the horizon middle while using diffeent font sizes in the same Circle. I have always make a Circle and Text o top.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Image frame option 'fit to bleed'

I'd like to have option 'fit to bleed' next to 'fit to frame' etc. options. So I wouldn't need to move graphic frame corners manually to bleed area.

Not a major issue, but a little improvement :)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi. I have problems with visualizations in InDesign since I updated to High Sierra: gray areas and a lot of problems rendering type.

Hi. I have problems with visualizations in InDesign since I updated to High Sierra: gray areas and a lot of problems rendering type.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot paste grouped object into graphic cell - when could previously.

Adobe InDesign CC, 2017.1 Release
    Version 12.1.0.56 x 64 build

I used to be able to paste a grouped object (for example, an image with a bit of text overlayed on it) into a graphic cell in a table. Currently this is not working - I can put a regular image (just a linked image) into a graphic cell, but as soon as I try to "paste into" a copied grouped object, it does not even offer paste into as an option.

This issue is present in tables used by multiple users in different files - not a bug in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Indesign CC 2017 Place Option

On CC 2015 when placing a pdf the Options (Show Import Options, Replace Selected Item, and Create Static Captions) show up by default.
    On CC 2017 Options is collapsed making and extra step to show up the option. I work in a production environment and visually it's faster to move forward (like in CC 2015). Is there a way to make it behave like 2015, so that Options show up by default? Hope I'm making sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add flowchart feature (or plug-in) for family trees

Making family trees is very popular yet the supposedly cover-all creative suite doesn't do it!
    I think you need to make it possible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Center Fold Lines in Column Gutters

It would be nice in InDesign and across all other layout and design programs to be allowed the option (button) to display an nonprinting center fold line when setting gutter spacing on a layout with two or more columns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. expand text frame's ignore text wrap

In the text frame's options expand the ignore text wrap checkbox to give the options ignore text wraps below, ignore text wrap above or ignore all.

As you can see in the attached file I want the text frame to observe the text wrap on the image to the left which is above the text frame, but I wanted to ignore the text wrap on the right-hand image which is below the text frame.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow snapping and dynamic guides to work on the pasteboard

I know guides snap while in the pasteboard and as long as they're infinite but many of us have to work outside the print area by several reasons including the use of many objects or several options that you put next to each other while working on the fly.

Seems to me that its absence is a limiting non-feature that we learned to work with but it doesn't take too much resources to include.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Open images from Package window

The package window is perfect to discover issues and problems with document or images. But when I find problems with image (RGB profile for example) why is not possible to open in Photoshop directly from that window with double clic? I have to write the name of the files and the number of page and go there to open them...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base