2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

711 results found

1. Make column rules continue in footnotes

If you have a text frame with multiple columns and the footnotes split into columns, the column rules do not continue in the footnotes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Kurdish Language Spelling

Hello!
    Adobe InDesign has many users writing in and experiencing the Central Kurdish language. People who use this language make up a significant portion of Iraq’s population, which is in the Kurdistan region. Unfortunately, the Kurdish language dictionary isn’t available in InDesign.
    I hope you can allow InDesign to add the Kurdish language dictionary as an option for users who are writing in this language.
    Or, if you could create a translation web page to add the Kurdish language phrase and sentence spellings in Adobe InDesign and other Adobe products, that would be most appreciated.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Kurdish Language Spelling

Hello!
    Adobe InDesign has many users writing and experiencing the Central Kurdish language which are living and a great part population of Iraq which is the Kurdistan Region, but unfortunately, the Kurdish language spelling dictionary isn't available in InDesign.
    I hope you can add an option for users writing with this language to let InDesign get their phrases and sentences to be added to the Kurdish language dictionary and be available for other users.
    Or if you create a translation web page to add the Kurdish language phrase and sentence spellings to be available in Adobe InDesign and other adobe…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. arabic support

Add support for toggling right-to-left text in all versions of InDesign.

Do not hide/remove/restrict it for users who don't use an african/middle-eastern language version of the program. Having to install multiple InDesign-versions depending on what document you work with is stilly. Is there any reason for this at all?

We have designers that occasionally have to set documents translated to Arabic. Right now this is near-impossible as we use an English version of InDesign.

It appears the support is there "under the hood" and you have just hidden it in the UI, since I can get "right-to-left" paragraph settings in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Problem: Text frames suddenly become empty

When working on a +400 pages book, and when I'm in the middle of simple text editing (most of the time; any editing that causes an increase or decrease in lines), suddenly one text frame (other than the one I'm working on) become empty, and all text will move to the next text frame. To solve it I have to edit some text; like adding a paragraph then deleting it. And another fix is by resizing the text frame!!
    My version is 2020 last update. Book is in Arabic.
    Cannot understand why that is randomly happening!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rimettere la percentuale di ingrandimento area di lavoro in alto come nelle precedenti versioni

Rimettere la percentuale di ingrandimento area di lavoro in alto come nelle precedenti versioni

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use Nearest Available Font Weight Instead of "Unavailable" Error

When switching fonts, instead of generating an "unavailable font" error when a font weight doesn't exist, automatically use the closest available weight based on the previous setting.
    For example, when switching from a font that has Black to a font that only has Bold or Regular, simply use the closest available weight e.g. Bold, rather than generating the "unavailable" error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. some difficulties when typing Hebrew and English text in same paragraph or line

the comma always moves at the wrong position than placed.
    see this video where i describe the problem

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. non-contigious text selections

I'm absolutely amazed that a product (inDesign) with the power to do everything from making a cup of coffee to managing the invasion of a small African republic does not provide a user with the ability to select non-contigious text. Given the value of this as a feature, I can only assume that it has been requested many times over but that Adobe has deemed it not important enough to warrant inclusion. Surely it is a rather simple coding exercise to include this.

I write books using inDesign and I waste many hours selecting different text items and making the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Colouring and user-order of font menu

User customized font menu. Colours and the ability to order the fonts exactly how you want. . This makes it so easy to slide to the part of the menu to grab a font you know. This was done in the 1990's by Now Utilities on OS7, 8 and 9. Bring it on!!! It was SO fast to find your fonts. I had blue for Serif, red for San Serif, green for Script and so on. Colour coding is great for many features.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1. Warping fonts easily like Aldus Typetwister or Typstyler. Preset by user for easy re-use. 2. Valuable for better design.

Adobe already owns Typetwister when it bought Aldus. Just incorporate it into InDesign. Welcome back to 1990.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. French dictionaries

The Académie française updated spellings in French in 1990, and textbooks in France are now teaching the new versions. But InDesign does not inherently support the new spellings. The only way to activate them is by drilling down into the files and adding Hunspell manually. ID does support much more recent German reforms, though. After 29 years (which is literally older than ID itself!), it's time for Adobe to support this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Align Text exactly to the left or right edge of the frame

It's a very logn known issue in InDesign: Different font sizes have different spacings to left or right edge of the frame. The more the font size grows, the more the space to left or right edge of the text frame grows.
    From time to time in the past years my clients have noticed that in drafts for correction. This means a lot of additional manual work for large projects in order to align the font correctly.
    It would be great and an enormous relief if in one of the next versions the text frames are either already correctly preset,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Sensei Kerning

It would be great if Sensei could be implemented to replicate and improve manual kerning pair choices based on user preferences or behavior over time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove first line indent after a heading

We need an option to set First Line Indent to zero when a paragraph follows a heading.

For example, perhaps you have Head1, Head2, and BodyText. Head2 is based on Head1. BodyText has a first line indent. My suggestion is that InDesign should have a checkbox labeled "Set first line indent to zero when following:" and then provide a list of paragraph styles in the document.

You could either allow people to choose Head1 AND Head2 (multiple selection list), or you could allow them to choose Head1 and it would automatically apply to Head2 because that is based on Head1.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ALT + click on a paragraph style

ALT + click on a paragraph style must not reset local character formating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Excel's Strict Open XML Spreadsheet format

InDesign should be able to Place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet (which appears to be a subset of the normal .xlsx workbook format). Currently, attempting to place an Excel file that's been saved as a Strict Open XML Spreadsheet results in a "Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation" error.

A sample Strict Open XML Spreadsheet file is attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Last Sentence Nested Style Option

Add an option that will allow you to set up nested text at the end of a paragraph in addition to the beginning of paragraphs. Our magazine bolds the last sentences in one of columns and this would be a big time saver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable column rules to ignore text wrap and anchored objects.

As it is now, column rules adhere to text wrap and will no longer "extend" if near an image with text wrap applied. Furthermore, placing an anchored object, an inline image for example, causes the rule to exhibit the same behavior in that it stops once it reaches the anchored object. Would like an option for column rules to simply ignore text wrap/anchored object so that the rules continue to extend.

This would help me (and others) to keep a consistent appearance as needed. In the attached example, there's a 3 column product listing where you can see how awkward…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Easier to find Span columns

I teach InDesign to beginners so we use the Properties panel a lot. I would like an easy way to find span columns directly in the Properties panel. Now you have to go to the Control panel and if it fits the screen you will find it at the right, otherwise in the Paragraph panelmenu. Such a great feature should be easier to access

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base