1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MathML Support

We need to have InDesign to support MathML, this is much awaited feature, but not supporting in InDesign yet.

Currently we're using 3rd party plugins such as MathType, MathTools, PowerMath, etc. but not meeting our expectation, also high license cost than InDesign.

@ALL: Please support to include this feature in InDesign in the very near release.

433 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

94 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reintroduce Composite Fonts, Full East Asian Language Support in English (or any) UI

It used to be a feature of InDesign, regardless of the UI language setting.
    (It still is for certain UIs, e.g. in the Japanese iD version)

Please bring back this desperately needed feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change dictionary across paragraph styles

I hope in a feature to change the dictionary across all/selected paragraph styles in a document with a single command. It should be a saving time feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Kurdish Language Spelling

Hello!
    Adobe InDesign has many users writing in and experiencing the Central Kurdish language. People who use this language make up a significant portion of Iraq’s population, which is in the Kurdistan region. Unfortunately, the Kurdish language dictionary isn’t available in InDesign.
    I hope you can allow InDesign to add the Kurdish language dictionary as an option for users who are writing in this language.
    Or, if you could create a translation web page to add the Kurdish language phrase and sentence spellings in Adobe InDesign and other Adobe products, that would be most appreciated.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Control paragraph rules when same styles

I love being able to control space above/below in Paragraph for consecutive application of the same Paragraph Style.

I would love to similarly apply a rule above only to the first paragraph in a sequence or a rule below only on the last paragraph in a sequence, with an interface on the Paragraph Rules pane of the Paragraph Style definition similar to the "Space between paragraphs using same style" field in the Indents and Spacing pane.

This will greatly simplify and enhance my options in an automated XML workflow with multi-paragraph fields in a newspaper production setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. use bursh tool

Comcast enjoys both residential and commercial customers in more than 40 states and has nearly 22 million internet subscribers. It is well known for its services. It started providing internet way back in 1996 and has today established itself as a regarded business conglomerate all over the world. Comcast has left a worldwide impression with its telecommunication services and hence, Comcast users bestow their full trust in them. . After concentrated analysis of the problem, the expert will give you an instant solution Comcast Customer Service team is famous for its problem-solving skills and readiness.

https://emailsupportme.com/comcast-customer-service/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add hanging punctuation for chevrons

Hanging punction is currently not working with chevrons (« ») – which are used in Germany, Spain, Italy, France & Norway. In Quark XPress this works perfectly with one click. I am a professional typographer and would like to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. Kind regards Egil Haraldsen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Problem: Text frames suddenly become empty

When working on a +400 pages book, and when I'm in the middle of simple text editing (most of the time; any editing that causes an increase or decrease in lines), suddenly one text frame (other than the one I'm working on) become empty, and all text will move to the next text frame. To solve it I have to edit some text; like adding a paragraph then deleting it. And another fix is by resizing the text frame!!
    My version is 2020 last update. Book is in Arabic.
    Cannot understand why that is randomly happening!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rimettere la percentuale di ingrandimento area di lavoro in alto come nelle precedenti versioni

Rimettere la percentuale di ingrandimento area di lavoro in alto come nelle precedenti versioni

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Footnote in XML flow

Hi Team,

InDesign not supporting footnote future in XML workflow. In Word workflow it is working fine. But in XML workflow XML structure is remove when insert footnotes. We want to move all footnotes into separate frame and align it in page end. Kindly check the feasibility and add this feature.

Thanks & Regards,
    Senthilvel S

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the systemfonts invisible.

As a graphic designer I use a font management system. Unfortunately it is not (anymore) possible to delete the endless list of unnecessary fonts at MacOs Catalina. When using the Adobe programs (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), the terribly long list of (unnecessary) fonts now appears. In this list, I have to find my activated letter fonts. Very annoying!

Is it really not possible to remove or hide that list of Mac fonts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use Nearest Available Font Weight Instead of "Unavailable" Error

When switching fonts, instead of generating an "unavailable font" error when a font weight doesn't exist, automatically use the closest available weight based on the previous setting.
    For example, when switching from a font that has Black to a font that only has Bold or Regular, simply use the closest available weight e.g. Bold, rather than generating the "unavailable" error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would like a feature that would set type flush left to the longest centered line

I often need to set poetry extracts in books so that they are flush left to the longest centered line in the extract—see attached examples. 

The workarounds a cumbersome and/or time consuming. 

It would be great if there was a setting to do this automatically.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1. Warping fonts easily like Aldus Typetwister or Typstyler. Preset by user for easy re-use. 2. Valuable for better design.

Adobe already owns Typetwister when it bought Aldus. Just incorporate it into InDesign. Welcome back to 1990.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow bullets and numbers to hang outside of the text frame

There is currently no way to make a bullet or number hang outside of a text frame properly. The "optical margin alignment" feature control is iffy at best.

Attached are two photos that show what I mean.

In the first example, the "Correct" green bullets are not achievable in InDesign unless every other paragraph except for the bulleted paragraph has an additional positive left indent on all of its lines. It would be so much easier if we could just add a negative left indent to the first line of the bulleted paragraphs.

In the second example, a document that…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. French dictionaries

The Académie française updated spellings in French in 1990, and textbooks in France are now teaching the new versions. But InDesign does not inherently support the new spellings. The only way to activate them is by drilling down into the files and adding Hunspell manually. ID does support much more recent German reforms, though. After 29 years (which is literally older than ID itself!), it's time for Adobe to support this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GREP: Group or chain GREP expressions so they can all be triggered with one click

There are many times that I receive text with double spaces between sentences and double paragraph returns and ### between sections and 4 or 5 tabs in a row. These can all be fixed with GREP expressions, but it would save time to be able to create a group of expressions that can launch with one click. Similar to Next Style in a paragraph style description. I am sure there are even more complex compound instances that would benefit from this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe Sensei Kerning

It would be great if Sensei could be implemented to replicate and improve manual kerning pair choices based on user preferences or behavior over time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Get Reliable Outlook Support for Changing the Password

If you suspect your Outlook account is at risk because someone is trying to get the personal information of yours without even informing you or taking permission from you, then immediately change the password. Take effective assistance by contacting Outlook Support team with the help of provided helpline number. At this point, I think money and time is not priority for anybody else, the main motto of those helpless customers should be keep the data and account safe and protected at any cost. That’s why, we suggest you to put a single call on helpline number and get handy solution…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base