SVG Font Designation Not Shown in Find Font
If a font is an SVG font, InDesign shows the square box "SVG" designation in the font dropdown. However, if you view the font info under Find Font (Type>Find Font), the font type does not show as SVG. There is no way to determine if an SVG font was used in the file other than to view in the font dropdown. That is a problem as SVG fonts are not supported in PDF yet and will not be caught by preflight. Can the SVG designation be added to the Find Font info screen?
The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (22.214.171.1247) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes
David C Cardillo commented
yeah, someone decided to create a "color" font that one could fill with black and it still appears in color, but it's black, and didn't think that might present a problem for some workflows...
Rich Kershner commented
yes, we could use more ways to identify SVG fonts.