InDesign crashes while Editing Cross-Reference
- InDesign 13.1
- Select text, got to Type > Hyperlinks & Cross-References > Insert Cross-Reference
- Should be able to open/edit Cross-References
- Entire program freezes and has to be force quit.
As per the customer, the issue was specific to a corrupt element. Deleting or modifying the corrupt element resolved the issue.
Adobe InDesign Team
@Abhinav Kaushik: how to find the corrupt element?
After further editing the document, it eventually stopped crashing. It seems there was simply a corrupted element in the document. Once this was changed or removed (not sure exactly what it was), the document functions as expected.
Sanyam Talwar commented
Myself Sanyam Talwar from InDesign Engineering team, I am currently investigating the current issue.
During our analysis of issue mentioned in the thread, we found that you had reported a crash with an older release of InDesign.
We have released InDesign CC2019.0.1 with lot of stability fixes. If you are not on 126.96.36.199 then I would recommend you to upgrade to latest version as it is more robust.
If you still face an issue with the latest release, please submit the crash report. Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
Also, Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• System configuration
• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
• Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If Yes, Can you please provide the document(s)/asset(s)?
• Does Trashing preference and cache, please create a backup of Preference and cache before trashing them, help to resolve the issue?