Bug details

Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation

CC 2018
Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation

When trying to PLACE an EPS file get the above error. Reinstalled CC 2017 and using the exact same file works. Attached is the EPS file that we used.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rick Richter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a fully updated version of InDesign - am still getting this error message.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same error, exported table from Google docs to excel, opened it in excel and saved it again, did not work, CC is upto date.

Has this been fixed? I'm trying to place a xcel doc into IND 13.1 and I keep getting the same error. My IND is updated.

• Frustrated User! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just updated and I'm having the issue with various files, but not all. Not sure what the diff is...some EPS, JPG, GIF and PNG.

Its not fixed !! Ive just updated my Indesign and now cant drag a picture in to it. What the hell are you up to Adobe !

I was getting the same issue with exported .xlsx linking. Not a great solve, but I figured out that if I opened the .xlsx file and just saved it without making any changes, it was able to link...

• Justina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as Scott Boggs - CC is up to date and I receive an error when a numbers Sheet is exported to xlsx.

• SB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried with both CC 2018 and CS6 and it still doesn't work. I keep getting the same message with both versions.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here.
    EPS-files were created in Freehand and are still in use here...
    EPS-Files created in Illustrator cann be placed with import options showing and change the tif-preview to "change postscript to pixel" ( I am using the german version, so I do not know the engish translation".
    This solution is not working with Freehand EPS data because the error message shows up before getting into the import options...

• Reinhard Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can report the same issue with an older EPS file (that I cannot share with you unfortunately). It shows the same error message on multiple computers while InDesign CC 2017 doesn't have an issue with the file.

Feedback and Knowledge Base