Bug details

Table headers disappear when pasting

Several times now I've cut & pasted a table from one part of my document to another only to find the headers disappear. Inserting a row makes the headers reappear.

I'm usig 12.1.0.56 x64 build.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Prescott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Comments are closed
  • Bastian Saris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh yeah... the worst thing is - EVEN THE PDF EXPORTS WITHOUT TABLEHEADERS WHEN IT HAPPENS!! (Sorry - had to caps that - because... what the hell? almost printed a catalogue without Tableheaders!!)

• Bastian Saris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the fix doesn't help 100% - it's still happening randomly... - please fix disapearing table headers!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team is having issues with header rows on tables disappearing. We can't be sure, but we think it follows after an InCopy user opens a file. There is plenty of real estate in the text box but if we adjust the size by moving the box grabber bars they pop back in. We can save it but it happens again. We're not using header rows anymore since it happens too often.

• Glen Bal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The headerrows get invisible or with a height of zero when you open an idml-file.

To recreate this issue:
    1. Open Indesign and create a new file.
    2. Create a table with a headerrow and save the file it as idml.
    3. Open the idml-file in Indesign

What do I expect? A roundtrip to idml should give me headerrows.

Version: Indesign CC 2017.1 (12.1.0.56 x64 Build) on Windows 10

Attached is an image of the table when it is saved and an image after opening the idml. Also attached you can find the idml-file.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This bug is unpredictable it will work for half a document and then stop working.This has been happening for months! With all the updates you make, surely you can get this fixed. Really awful. Tables are a key feature of IND. Please fix this.

• Adminamaarora (Software Engineer, Adobe InDesign) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Yes this is a known issue with the CC 2017.1 (12.1.0.56 ×64 build) release of InDesign. We have posted a plugin that can help you fix the issue. Please follow the instructions on the below link to get the plugin.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-issues-indesign-cc-2017_1.html

Also note that this fix is only for InDesign CC 2017.1 application.

Info needed: Let us know if the fix works for you.

PS: I dont know how the comment got deleted.

-Aman

• Michael Prescott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should I be able to see 'amaarora's comment here? I got an email notification this was a known issue, there was a plugin to fix affected documents, but I don't see that comment here. Then I get an email that this issue is 'Need More Info'. What more info is needed?

Feedback and Knowledge Base