Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scripts Panel Sorting

InDesign 2017.1 (v12.10.56); macOS High Sierra 10.13

When I open the Scripts Panel, nothing is in order. It used to be in alphabetical order like the Scripts Panel folder in my user library.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .Indd files look like their opening, but they and the controls are not displaying in Indd. Just missing.

.Indd files look like their opening, the application seems to think it's open, but they and the controls are not displaying in Indd. It's just missing. It happens with any Indd file. No error. It just wont' open, but you can see the temporary file in the folder showing it's open, and it asks me if I want to save it when I go to quit. I just reinitialized my computer last weekend and reinstalled CC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Publish Online Incorrect German translation

Publish Online.
    As reported in the forums:
    In the "readerView" is a translation error in the "language-dropdown-content"
    it should read "Deutsch" (without the "e" at the end)!!
    "Deutsche" would be reffering to "several German people" not the German language. That is ALWAYS "Deutsch" only.
    Looks weird for a "Deutsche" :-) Would be like reading "Englishes" as a language option...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Indesign CC2018] [Os X] Can't move application window when clicking on application name

Users are not able to drag and move the application window when click/drag on the application name, located at the top of the main application window. When click/drag on the left or the right of the application name, moving the window is possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to scroll after zooming in.

Often times, after I have zoomed into a page, I lose the ability to scroll up and down through the page. This happens to both my scroll wheel and the hand tool. I have attached a video demonstrating it.

I'm on a macbook pro OS X

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. interface small

Icons and font in indesign cc 2018 is too small
    What about solving this issue
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Font size of colored menu items becomes too low on high-res devices

I prefer customizing my menu and colorizing but the menu text does not align up quiet neatly in my InDesign CC 2018, same issues can also be seen at some context menu like the Layer panel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Workspace disappearing and not being able to get it back

Sometimes all my right-handed Tools, that I carefully assembled in a workspace i like, disappear, like pages, Colors etc. Although being able to click them in den Window-Menu, nothing appears. The only way to get them back is to change to another workspace and re-create my own workspace piece by piece, which then might last a few weeks before not being able to use them again.

Any ideas what goes wrong here?
    What should i check?

Kind regards, Thomas

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guides/Gridlines too thin/difficult to see on Retina display

Not sure if really a 'bug', but since upgrading to Apple Retina iMacs, everyone in my office is having trouble seeing gridlines, margins, and guides in the interface. The lines are just extremely thin on Retina displays. I have excellent vision and I find them difficult to see. Other employees with glasses are really struggling. We could really use something in the preferences to slightly increase the thickness of guides.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Highlight/Colorize menu commands : changes retained temporarily , then disappear

Using the Edit > Menu Command to highlight/colorize frequently used commands. After spending a good deal of time setting this up, the menus only remain highlighted for a few minutes before the all highlighting disappears. Have repeated this exercise a few times, trashed preferences, always the same result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Horizontal and vertical measurements switched in Move dialog

I’m one of the dinosaurs who started out in the trade on a typesetting machine, and my preferred system of units uses picas for horizontal measures and points for vertical. This has mostly worked fine for years, but since the most recent update I notice that the Move dialog is using points for X and picas for Y. Not a major issue, but somewhat annoying. (ISTR previous versions with a similar bug in the Cell Options > Text dialog, where the left & right insets were in points and the top & bottom in picas, but that one now behaves…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Find/Change Menu (Mac) doesn't appear

1. InDesign CC 2018, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
    2. The menu Find/Change is not accessible through either the Edit menu or through shortcut Cmd+F. Few restarts of the program and of the computer, InDesign is up to date with the latest version. Menu appears about a second, but afterwards disappear. I've tried to access it few times in existing and also to newly created document.
    3. Expected result is menu to appear
    4. Video with reproduction of the issue is attached

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tool fly outs appearing on wrong monitor

I am using a dual monitor setup, my left hand monitor is a standard widescreen monitor, my right hand monitor is a Wacom Cintiq.

When I have InDesign maximized on the Wacom and attempt to access a fly out menu on the toolbar it opens the fly out menu on the very right-hand edge of the standard monitor. Which makes it impossible for me to select from the fly out menu without having to put down the stylus, switch to a mouse, and repeat the action to bring up the fly out menu and then select the item I wanted.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The lists of entries for a cross reference is not ordered

Some panels with items (e.g. links) can be ordered by clicking the column header. Others cannot. Among these are the lists of references to choose from when inserting a cross-reference. These seem to be totally unordered. As a result, it is a pain to look for the right one (e.g. choose from a few hundred in a large document). I consider this a bug because other panels do have this ordering

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. conflict of making your document smaller than your margins

InDesign CC 2019 v. 14

The New ”New document” dialog box doesn't give any warning of the conflict of making your document smaller than your margins allow. It just changes the width and/or height back to what it was as a default if your margins are too large and does not warn the user about it.

And if the user fails to notice that the size switches back, it will create a document that’s not the size intended. User may not even realize what is it that went wrong.

In the Legacy New Document dialog box, when you click OK,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. macOS full screen support please

My workflow makes use of macOS workspaces, but this requires my applications to support Full Screen mode in macOS. Adobe CC apps do not and I'm fairly sure this is intentional, but it doesn't align with the way many users work.

Please add macOS Full Screen/Workspaces functionality in future updates of InDesign and other CC applications. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Page-jump dialog disappears, leaving ID non-interactive

On three occasions since installing CC 2019, I've:

- selected [command+j] to jump to a page

- had the page-jump dialog appear, grab focus, and then immediately disappear

- this has left InDesign in a non-interactive state, where I have to force-quit.

Running on a 2017 5K iMac/High Sierra

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Libraries menu name

The menu name for the CC Libraries needs to be consistent across programs... Photoshop/Illustrator it is called "Libraries" in Windows -> Libraries

In InDesign it is called "CC Libraries". It should be called "Libraries" just like the others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Interface not accurately displaying position of objects.

This has been happening ever since CC was released, and it drives me nuts.
    Example: I have a rectangle perfectly aligned to the grid, but the frame edge does not share the same screen pixel as the grid line when zoomed out. Check the image examples:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Document setup window is cropped with large icons

So after Mojave install on my Adobe apps Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc windows are cropped with large icons so I can't even create a new document see screen shot this is how all apps look.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base