2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

71 results found

1. Embedded Object Styles

I would find it helpful for inCopy files with an embedded Object to use the documents Object Styles.
    At the moment I am creating bios, each bio requires a headshot. I have created a basic text box in InDesign into which I have embedded a small graphic frame to which I have assigned the Object Style "Headshot Box". Once this is created I open InCopy, place in the persons bio copy. Import the file into InDesign, edit it and place the relevant headshot in the "Headshot Box". I can then edit the Paragraph Style and Character Style, however to edit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. InCopy - Indicator of the active text frame

When working with overlapping text frames, users can sometimes become confused about which frame they are editing. Is there a way to visually indicate the currently active text frame? For instance, highlighting it with a colored border could be helpful.

Alternatively, providing a simpler method to switch between different text frames would also be beneficial.

(following the discussion in the community:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/incopy-discussions/tips-for-easier-frame-selection-in-incopy/m-p/14496508)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need to View and Edit Alt Text in InCopy

As an editor I need to be able to preview Alt text for Images and also edit that Alt Text if needed. Currently I need to go to Indesign to do that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The best online games that you can win and play with friends

The best online games that you can win and play with friends

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Author name of PDF annotation exported from InCopy notes must not contain date & time

When exporting from InCopy to PDF with “Include Notes As Annotations” checked, the author name of each PDF annotation should not have the note’s date and time appended as a suffix. Doing so effectively attributes each annotation to a different author and makes PDF comment filtering based on author name (or datetime, would that filter eventually exist) impossible. I consider this a bug.

The date and time of a note should instead be stored in the “modification date & time” metadata of the PDF annotation, which Acrobat populates and displays for annotations created with itself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [InCopy] Open selected recent documents (open more than just one document)

Hello,
    A new feature that allows the user to choose to open more than one InCopy document at once in the option 'File > Open Recent' would be very useful.

I've posted this request last year (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/45136654-open-more-than-one-document-per-session-in-open), but nobody reached me.

It would be very useful to have this option in InCopy as I always work with chapters (usually 8) that are stored in different subfolders; that is, it is not possible to go to a single folder/directory, select the eight chapters that I will edit and open them whenever I need to edit these chapters (and I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Track Changes and Show Track Changes switched on by default

Our users are very dependent on the Track Changes and Show Track Changes function within Adobe InCopy. Currently with the workflow we are using users are having to manually switch this on every time a new article/story is created.

Users would like to have both of these options switched on by default when InCopy loads so they do not have to manually enable these.

Please develop this feature so that end users do not have to manually enable these options each time a new story is created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. InCopy/Word

I can appreciate InCopy's capability of linking multiple authors. I personally never have need of that. Here's what I wish InCopy could do: Take MS Word file and make them fully compatible with InDesign. That is ... to remove all the rookie techniques employed by so many Word users, to remove all the mysteriously bogus code that creates frustrating local formatting. Sometimes you can fix these things by saving the text as RTX (or DOC instead of DOCX) from Word, but that doubles the number of text files to store - unnecessarily complicated. Often authors have copied strings of text…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Manter controle de alterações sempre ativo

Olá! Seria de grande utilidade se houvesse uma opção de sempre manter o controle de alterações ativo no Incopy, mesmo em arquivos novos. O que acontece na minha empresa é muitas vezes começarmos uma tarefa e só horas depois percebermos que o controle estava desativado. Nesse caso, não há registro das marcações feitas até então. Obrigada!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Open more than one document per session (in Open > Recent)

I copydesk book files using InCopy. The book comes to me in chapters, 1 file per chapter, each in a separate subfolder. I work on each book/chapters for several weeks, so I have to close/open them several times a week (and turn off my computer every day, of course). I know there must be a way to merge these documents into a book or something like that, but that's not the point here (I have to accept this workflow and manage it as best I can). Also, I'm not talking here about file tabs, of course (I open several documents…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Film and TV Scripting

Basically taking a lot of what was available on the scripting side from Adobe Story and integrating it into incopy similar to a new work window layout like we get in Premiere ( Assembly/Edit/Color etc). While I miss the production side of what was available in story, the basic scriptwriting side is the biggest loss. If not then having some form of automatic layout feature for film and tv scripts would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to select all text over multiple components in InCopy

It is impossible to select all text in an article that exists over multiple components.
    Now you can only copy text from one component at the time.
    Would be helpful, for example, if you need to quickly copy the article to be pasted in an email so it can be send to somebody to review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow InCopy to track which file is imported (either by filename, path link?)

I work in magazines, and we go through several Word file versions of a story before it gets placed into the layout (InDesign/InCopy workflow). There have been times when the story has been updated after the copy has been imported into the magazine, and it would be great to see which version is currently in the layout to ensure we're working with the most recent versions of the Word file. Just as you can see the linked images placed in InDesign, InCopy should be able to show the filename in which the copy was imported from!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include InCopy editorial notes in grouped/anchored objects in PDF comments

Currently if you add a note to an anchored or grouped object these do not appear as comments in exported PDFs from InCopy. This leads to artworkers possibly missing important change requests from InCopy users. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a technical limitation but it is not stated anywhere in the documentation for InCopy. User expectation is that all notes will be included as comments in exported PDFs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A free basic version of incopy for client amends.

Being able to send clients their copy to make minor amendments would be hugely convenient

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When doing Edit –> Edit With, any associated endnotes story should open along with the story targeted for editing

This would be valuable because using this pathway, Edit -> Edit With, is a great workflow component for those like me who like to use InCopy for general editing of text; but because endnote text is in a different story to endnote reference markers, anyone using such a workflow cannot add endnotes to the text without switching back to InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. voice to text

Help us avoid glitches with voice to text directly in InCopy. Yes, we can type into InCopy, but for long documents and articles, all the better with voice to text, to save time, and effort from all the typing. We could read citations right in; read documents in, not have to convert them to Word for Place. Let's get free from Apple/Word conversions and cut/&/pastes, thus the resulting glitches. Wouldn't this doable feature (Apple offers Dictation for free with its package) make Adobe's publishing output even easier and faster to use, and more glitch free from Word? And save us…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Endnote text should appear in galley and story views in InCopy

They could work the same way that footnotes do, inside of a stylised bracket at the location of the note marker.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. support languages of Vanuatu, which are currently very difficult to typeset, with no text flow

AFAICT, InCopy (and InDesign) do not currently support several writing systems, which makes font design for those scripts difficult. The avoiuli script of Vanuatu, for example, which is boustrophedon and can change from btm-to-top to top-to-btm. I'm working with a professional typographer, and trying to design a font that can't be implemented by any word processor that we know of means that a lot of choices in the design are probably not optimal. The best option currently seems to be placing a hard return at the end of each line, with manual RTL/LTR control, and sorting the lines in reverse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lock the ability of InCopy users to change things like kerning, leading and character compression

InCopy users sometimes take too many liberties with their abilities to change copy. Flowing copy is one thing, but shoehorning in more or less copy than intended allows for too much grey area, and it can take more time to go back and fix what they've broken than it would if that ability was limited for them. If InCopy settings in an InDesign document had check boxed that toggle which abilities InCopy users would have (and grey out disallowed settings), that would be wonderful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?