Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

How can we improve InDesign?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List path of InDesign document used to publish

I can't tell you how many times I've done back to a published document, want to update, and can't figure out which document was used to publish it. Some record in the dashboard, even a static record, would be useful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow upload of separate PDF

It would be nice if we could choose the PDF to be available for users to download. Sometimes interactivity creates pages that don't look good in PDFs. Sometimes companies simply have different PDFs they'd like to be downloaded.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow password protection on published documents

Separating this from hosted service, because I suspect moving to a hosted service is a bit more complicated. Having password protection would help folks monetize published documents and be a step toward security.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. publish online full screen support on iPads

Hi,
    i am using the great "Publish Online" feature on several documents.
    My docs are ok everywhere...

Except full screen browsing :

• working perfectly on desktop browsers, when clicked on the icon in the inferior bar.
    • working perfectly on iPhone (recent os) when switched in landscape mode.

• not working on iPad (recent os, iPad 2, iPad Air and iPad Pro), none of the gesture will work, and none of the browsers neither…
    I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera.

Impossible to obtain a full screen viewing, which is really required for a presentation. The upper bar will remain…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow spread view documents published online to be downloaded as single page view pdf's.

An InDesign document in a spread, 2-page view format that is published online turns into the same spread, 2-page view when it's downloaded as a pdf. It would be nice to add a control in the online version to allow the view to select one or two-page formats in the pdf that they downlaod.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide the ability to hide specific pages in Publish Online

First off, this whole issue revolves around the fact that there are left and right navigation arrows built within the Publish Online interface.

In the document I'm currently making, I am using my own custom navigation arrows within my document. I have set these arrows to skip over certain pages because they will be accessing them through other buttons (in short, these navigation arrows I've created won't be leading them in a linear fashion through the document.

These work fine, but the only issue is the OTHER arrows that are actually a part of Publish Online's interface. These cycle straight…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow password-protected hosting, and hosting from a non-Adobe server

These two features would go a LONG way to making Publish Online a viable format for professional publishing. I'm sure many clients would pay an extra fee (nothing outrageous) for a self-hosted solution, if that would be necessary for Adobe to commit resources to make this happen.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Publish Online: comment mode

It should be possible to comment on specific parts of the page. Like in www.invisionapp.com So it could be possible to discuss an artwork with my client. Like I'm doing with PDF-comments at the moment. But in this case I could reply and discuss more. (show more than one versions of one page would be excellent!)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Publish Online: Sharper elements

InDesign seems to convert vector-based elements (linked eps/AI etc.) in JPGs when I publish online. But that's not sharp. Even with 144dpi (Retina Display …). But text is sharp … Is it possible to have alle the same sharp?! (if not the clients ask: why is the text sharp and these elements not?!) Maybe convert to svg or show a PDF …???

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow different users to update the same document on the publish online feature

I currently work on a team of three designers, and we sometimes work on each other's files. Currently, if there is an update to a file that has been published online, and we need to upload a new version of a document, we have to figure out which of the three of us originally uploaded the file and have them update it. It would be easier if we could update each other's files rather than asking the original designer to stop what they are doing to update a project.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update the analytics feature on the Publish Online Dashboard so you can see all the individual analytics for each document

Currently on the overview you can see many analytics for all your documents combined, but on the document trends screen, only views and readers are available. It would be helpful to offer our clients more specific analytics.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Note field with published files

In our company we create several versions of our brochures made in InDesign, based on the type of client and job. The title for the various versions needs to be identical (Design Brief from XXX) so it's time consuming to identify the correct file for a specific client. If we were able to add notes for ourselves for each file that would be helpful. Ideally these notes would be visible for us on the Publish Online Dashboard, visible right there with each of the titles of the published files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Changing User Options for Documents Already Published using Publish Online

I have published several documents using the Publish Online feature in InDesign and then decided to change how readers interact with the online publication, i.e., allow download, allow sharing, etc. when such options were not indicated initially. Right now it looks like the only way to change the options is to re-publish the document and indicate the new options. It's a nightmare, particularly when a document published just fine the first time around, and generates error messages in trying to re-publish. I hope there's an easy answer to this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Wanted to understand this a little more.

Currently if the user tries to re-publish a document the user has 2 options, either “Publish New document” or “Update Existing Document”.

Choosing Update Existing lets the user update an already published document, such that the URL generated remains the same. So in effect this should work very similar to what has been described here as a problem.

Can you try this out (if not already) and let me know how this works for you.

Thanks
    Javed

14. Allow removal of the "publish online" button that appears when you embed a published InDesign document.

Allow removal of the "publish online" button that appears when you embed a published InDesign document. This can be distracting to users and potentially direct them away from the content they are viewing.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base