2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

144 results found

1. horizontal table flow in text boxes

Right now, if you have a table that has more rows than the text box can handle vertically, the table will auto-flow into a new/threaded text box, or another column within the text box. It would be really helpful if tables could the same thing horizontally.

For example, let's say you set up a table with 3 rows, first with images, a second with item numbers, and a third with descriptions. Each column for this set up is an inch wide, and you have 30 items that each need their own column, but you want it to fill an 8.5x11…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Select starting or ending color for alternating fills on table

Because of the simple way our tables are designed, if the last row in the table is white (instead of the alternating gray), it can be confusing and looks like this row is not part of the table. The content of our tables change a lot during development, so I swap alternating fills a lot. Is it possible to add a feature that says "start with a gray row" or "end with a gray row" when using alternating fill?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Problème de Tableau InDesign

La hauteur maximale du tableau est limitée à 211,667 mm. Pouvez-vous enlevez la limite maximale svp ?

MErci

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merge Across

In Excell, you can highlight several columns and there is an option to "Merge Across" where it will merge each row individually for the entire column. I'm working with a list of items that includes some html tags that InDesign treated as tabs, so it turned them into extra columns. In order to get them back to what they should be, I'm forced to merge each row individually, whereas this feature would allow me to highlight the original and extra columns and merge them all at once, keeping them in each of their rows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make table cells clickable instead of just the content.

Make the table cells clickable for Interactive PDF. Currently only the content inside of a table cell is clickable so it doesn't work as a button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include Paragraph Styles in Table Styles

There needs to be a way of assigning paragraph styles to header rows and individual columns, not just cell styles/table styles. For example, I have a paragraph style for each of three columns in the table's header row, One for the Item Category, Regular Price heading, and Effective (sale) Price Heading. Then I have four paragraph styles for the rest of the table based on the column, one for item number, one for item description, then of course the style for regular price adn effective (sale) price. I should be able to include these paragraph styles in the table style,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better use linked excel files

There should be a way to link to an excel doc, remove unnecessary columns or rows, change the formatting and/or ad paragraph/character styles, so that if the excel doc is updated (with new pricing or different demographics or something) just the information that remains is updated. As of now, if the excel doc is updated, all the work in InDesign (aside from table style) is completely removed and you're forced to either start from scratch, or continue with out of date information.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. paragraph alignment

Paragraph alignment is not displaying correctly when it is used on tables created in previous files, even though you are in a new or an old document. The only way to do it is by using cell insets on the properties tab. So it makes it useless unless you create new tables with new formats. It would be great to fix this bug so the alignments are displayed in the paragraph alignment tab, and make cell insets a new tab so I can see specifically this option on the main windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Choosing the number separator yourself

When you translate a pricing table the decimal comma might change to a decimal point. E.g. German to English. Even when i changed the language of the file to english, there was no way for me to change the decimal comma to a decimal point. I used a GREP search and replace for that. But as soon as the linked excel table updates, i have to remember to do the GREP search. I managed to change the decimal seperator in excel, but indesign seems to override it by using the systems language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cell values can be pasted without formatting

When pasting the cells of a table into a cell field in a different format, only the values should be pasted without formatting. Just like pasting copied text without formatting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Span Table Across Columns

If you create a table, why can you not span the table across columns? For instance, if you create a table and span it across two columns, the text in the right column overwrites the table, regardless of table spacing. It appears to be fault or flaw in the table options menu. If you decide to make the table as its own text frame — you lose the flowing table feature. Please see sample—I have exaggerated the table spacing so you see the problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not display footnotes in continued table header

We sometimes have footnotes in table headers. If the table splits on multiple pages with continuous table headers, the footnote-number repeats in every header. I would like there to be some checkbox or other way to disable footnote number repeating in the continued table headers.
    Right now I just fake it with a background colored little box over the redundant footnote but it's just not that good a solution since I have to anchor it somewhere in the table cells to stay at it's place in case of changing pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rounded Corner in Tables

Option to round corners in tables without making a thousand layers just like you can choose the inset options, fill, stroke, size, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Apply Paragraph Styles to a Table style by column

It would be really helpful if it was possible to design a table style that uses a particular paragraph style for each column.

For example, I currently build a catalog with multiple tables with either 3 or 4 columns. Column 1 is an item number that, column 2 is a product name, column 3 is the price, and column 4 is the price with discount in the case there's a promo. Each of those columns has a paragraph style defined (actually two, one with white text, one with black). I also already have a table style built based on if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rounded corner table cells

We had some Adobe people here to showcase new features in Creative Cloud. One gentleman was named Jamie Ragen. I asked them if they have any intention to create a feature for rounded corners for table cells. The reason I find this important is that some clients have rounded corner objects as part of their style, and it would be good to match that with their tables. This would create a consistent look. Jamie was kind enough to suggest I bring this up in this forum. I hope this generates some action from Adobe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apply Table Style and Cell Style on Word Import

The ability to apply table and cell styles to imported Word documents – and for them to be properly formatted and mapped to those styles rather than just have the appearance of the styles – would be extremely helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Target Tables in Find/Change

The ability to target tables, table styles, cell styles and all other table elements would be extremely helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search and replace table rows/columns

I would like to be able to search, replace/remove/add (below or under, L/R) a specifik row or column within a table.

I often work with large transaction portfolios with plenty of tables in them. It's not uncommon that clients asks to change/remove a row or column in a table with a specific header/headline/label. I just removed one row on 58 spreads which could have been solved through a search and replace (or, well, remove then). Could also be able to add a row/column through a similar solution (i.e. insert a row below the row with Lorem ipsum-headline). Cheers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a toggle switch between alternating fills

It would be a simple addition to create a toggle switch to swap alternating fills for columns and tables. This would save me a fair bit of time when editing many tables, please refer to the attached screengrab!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to know if Adobe thinks of optimizing the management of tables in InDesign for the accessibility of PDF files

When will the automatic markup of tables (gender in table styles) like we do for paragraph styles (H1, H2, H3, BlockQuotes, List)?
    <TR> row
    <TH> header
    <TD> data
    Example when you end up with one or more vertical TH "headers" so you don't have to manage that in the PDF

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?