1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for missing links

When links are broken on our shared server, I manually need to type the name of the link to begin a search for it. Some file names are very complicated. It would be nice if the link name was already written in the input field or even better a button in the links panel that searches for the link and replaces it. Most often the link has just changed place on the server but has the same name.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stop making the CC Libraries the default!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of the Library panel popping open because there are embedded defaults that make EVERY new thing I make think it needs to be added to the cc library.

I DON"T WANT TO USE THEM AS DEFAULT!!!!

If I want to use them I will decide.,

STOP MAKING IT THE DEFAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Story editor fonts

Many font families cannot be used, at least not to their full, in the story editor—despite the font family clearly having italic, bold and bold italic faces available. This limitation includes many fonts available through Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit) as well as a great many non-Adobe fonts.

As best I can tell the limitation is due to these fonts not having the macStyle bits for italic and bold being set appropriately in the font itself.

What I envision is for the story editor preferences to have a way to separately specify the fonts to use for regular, italic, bold and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. InDesign book file (.INDB) total page count

If you're making a book using a book file (.INDB), the InDesign Book file panel should have a total page count. Sometimes the page count is not accurate, especially if you have frontmatter to a book that uses roman numerals and start with 1 later in the book. It would be nice if the absolute total number of pages showing somewhere on that panel. We publish books and have to stick to strict signature breaks for presses, so total page count is very important information to us, and it'd be nice to quickly get that information instead of having to…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More visible frame edges

Frame edges are too thin. Too hard to see. Please consider teachers teaching your product in class on a projector.

Even if there was a setting in Preferences for heavier frame edges.

Something... please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to freeze zoom so it always remains on "fit spread in window" even when searching

When working on a large monitor where facing pages easily fit and are still readable, it would be very handy to be able to “freeze” the current zoom so it is kept when searching. As it is now, when one goes through a document finding the next occurrence, the zoom keeps focusing on the found spot, but on a large screen it would be much more agreeable and less strenuous on the eyes if there were the option for the zoom to remain on "fit spread in window"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Accept" to convert PDF underline to Italics

Editors use underline to indicate Italics when they mark up PDFs. While the underline shows up when you import PDF comments, there's no way to change that text to Italics.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Application retain windown size and position

On open, have InDesign's application window return to the size and position it was in when the application was last closed. The way Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Dreamweaver, etc..., do when they are closed and then reopened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Feature request] Please add "Page Flip" to presentation mode

Please add a "Page Flip" feature to the presentation mode in Adobe indesign. Something like this: https://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/4-5 ...

Adding the ability to turn/flip pages in a multipage document, it will enhance the user experience. When clients are seated next to the designer, it will also improve customer satisfaction.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display progress bar for long operations

When working with a big document, there are many operations that take a very long time. For example, generating a TOC, deleting pages that cause text to reflow, etc. Tasks that happen almost instantly with reasonably sized documents can take many minutes when we get into 500+ pgs.

Currently we only see a spinning beachball (mac) when we get stuck in a long task. There's no way to determine whether it's just going to take a long time, or if indesign is completely locked up. The system sees it as "application not responding," but a lot of times patience pays…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Workspace Default Setting

Every time I open inDesign, it resets to the "Essentials" workspace, and I have to select my saved workspace. It would be nice to be able to set a Default Workspace so it will open every time in the one I need.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clear/erase "recent file" list.

Untill the new open/splah dialog, the recent file list wasn't a problem.
    It was hidden into the File menù, and was almost impossible to see it.

Now with the new open / splash screen everyone is able to watch the document you opened previously.
    In some occasion this is not that nice, especially if you work for someone and some of them competitors...

It could be useful to introduce an "erase recent document" at the end of the list in the File->Recent file menu.
    As many other softwares has.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. FULL SCREEN WORK MODE

Much needed is a full screen work mode, which will be the same as "Normal" mode, but will hide the window borders and menus.
    Same thing as what happens in Photoshop when you hit F or in Lightroom when you hit ****+F

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Removal/editing of the dumb "When in doubt, make a layout" line.

God, that's such a stupid thing to see every time I open InDesign. How about a checkbox for "Hide greeting message"?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Align to page when only one object is selected

It would be helpful if the align command defaulted to align to page when only one object is selected. There is no risk of confusion as an object cannot be aligned with itself :)

This would remove a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth in the align options, as the default use case at least for me is align to selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. mobile application

I have been looking at switching to a mobile first workflow for a while now and technology is starting to catch up, which I am super excited about! One thing that seems to be missing is a replacement for InDesign so that I don't have to rely on my Macbook for creating the kinds of documents that you can create in InDesign. It would need to be modernized and have an improved workflow that would be enhanced by the nature of mobile computing devices. I would love to see Adobe get something like this out there soon!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save INDD file in previous version INDD (e.g. CC 2019 can save in CC 2018)

It would be great if InDesign can save INDD file in previous version INDD (e.g. CC 2019 can save in CC 2018). Yes, I know about IDML but it's not exactly what I need.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Equation Editor

Please add Equation Editor, because it is very essential in publishing, utilising the mirroring feature in opentype, in order to serve RTL scripts. However Adobe had provided the world with pioneer programs and very excellent design tools, but unfortunately they still too late in this field.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base