1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ePub presets

Export to ePub presets, like there are for print and PDF. Kind of a "best practices" export reset that could be customized for periodical projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a delay option for looped preset animations

I want to animate a button using the 'pulse' preset I want this to be on loop but with a break in-between (say 1 second delay) before the pulse animation loops again. Right now when I click on loop animation and preview it just screams for attention and thats not what I want. I just want it to pulse 'looped' with a second delay before it does it again. Also it would be great if you could specify how large the pulse animation goes. As sometimes it is quite large.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Split epub at articles in articles panel

An epub can only be splitted at specified paragraph styles. The order in which page elemetnts are exported can be specified as „Same as Articles panel“. I think it woud make sense to have also an option to split an epub at the articles in the articles panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Forms in EPUB.

I have an opportunity to show various pages, animations, video, and audio to describe a socially engaged design piece. I want to be able to gather data from the viewer of this epub on a certain page that reflects how a person can input data on the actual art piece. Right now I cannot put a form in an epub format. Can you please provide a way to put the form. All the pieces are there to do it. I have it on my sheet but it just doesn't work. Thank you so much!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Define epub:type in object style

Epub:type is available in Object Export Options, but can only be set on individual objects, not in Object Styles. Since some epub:types need to be used repeatedly (like "chapter"), it would be really useful to set them in object styles.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reach master page from the page document via ctrl/right click

This is something that’s brilliantly done in Muse, and not so complicate to add as a feature in inDesign, because everything is already there.

When you’re in Muse, in « design mode », you can right/ctrl click anywhere on any page to wether apply a Master or reach the applied master.

In Muse, the « plan mode » (which is inDesign’s pages panel) is usually in another window, complicate to reach, but nonetheless, in inDesign, that could help new users to get what a master page is.

Reason : most of the time, I don’t want to have my pages…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Password protect an ebook

I was disappointed after I spent many hours creating an online ebook tutorial to sell to our customers when I discovered there is no way to password protect an ebook. Please consider adding this feature.

Thanks

Kathleen Nash

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when I export Arabic text file to epub3 fixed layout, all the punctuation marks coming at the beginning of the line rather than at the end.

when I export Arabic text file to epub3 fixed layout, all the punctuation marks coming at the beginning of the line rather than at the end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make embedded audio InDesign's EPUB3 files fully compatible with Google Play Books platform

Embedded audio in EPUB3 documents created with InDesign is not recognised when the EPUB3 document is published via the Google Play Books platform. This is due to incompatible ID tags. InDesign exports this:
    <audio id="_idAudio001"
    but Google Play Books requires:
    IDs must start with a letter ([A-Z,a-z]) and may be followed by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens ("-"), underscores ("_"), colons (":"), and periods (".")

Currently this makes it impossible to use InDesign to create an EPUB3 with embedded audio and publish it correctly via the Google Play Books platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Interactive buttons able to form shape of path

Currently interactive buttons are restrained to circular or rectangular bounding boxes. This needs to change so a path can be turned into the button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. flowable sound in fixed Epub Layout

I would SO MUCH like to have the possibility to ad sound that is able to continue even if pages are turned when I export a file as Epub with fixed layout. I really need this option to be able to give readers of my childrens picturebook the possibility to listen to the book read aloud along with original background music.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop exporting div IDs in epubs

Those gazillion div ids all have to be removed and replaced with nice, neat, simple classes. PLEASE remain professional software for professional designers, and stop trying to cater to people who don't want to learn anything about .epubs and can't tell the difference between good and bad. Trying to help them really mucks things up for the rest of us.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base