Bug details

3 types of consistent crashes during past 3 months

Using version 14.0.2 x64 under Windows 10.

Working on a 356-page book. Three types of crashes occur consistently:

1 - When I export to PDF.
2 - When I add pages, usually in increments of 10.
3 - When I switch between single-page layout and 2-page spread layout.

After every crash, when I go to open the file, inDesign offers to auto recover the file. When I say yes, InDesign warns me that the file might be corrupt. I always open anyway. After 3 months working on this book, I can't afford to start over, so I hope for the best.

Three of the crashes have caused significant problems.

1 - The first 38 pages had been deleted. I had to completely redo them.
2 - The even-page master had been applied to all pages. I had to highlight all the odd pages and re-apply the odd-page master.
3 - Tonight's crash resulted in master pages designations and therefore page numbers on all 356 pages being deleted. I have to highlight all the odd pages, re-apply the odd-page master, highlight all the even pages, and re-apply the even-page master.

I have been using InDesign since the PageMaker days but my experience over these past three months is going to cause me to look elsewhere.... Word, Blurb, etc.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :
• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
• Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If Yes, Can you please provide the document(s)/asset(s)? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)
• Does Trashing preference and cache, please create a backup of Preference and cache before trashing them, help to resolve the issue?

Adobe InDesign Team

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sanyam Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :
    • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
    • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
    • Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If Yes, Can you please provide the document(s)/asset(s)? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File -> Package)
    • Does Trashing preference and cache, please create a backup of Preference and cache before trashing them, help to resolve the issue?

Regards
    Sanyam Talwar

Feedback and Knowledge Base