Unequal inset values in an Object Style don't display in a text frame if corners are rounded
If you use an object style with unequal inset spacing and apply it to a text frame, the unequal spacing is ignore and made uniform.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create an Object Style
2. Go to 'Text Frame General Options' for that style
3. Set unequal values for 'Inset Spacing'
4. Go to 'Stroke & Corner Cptions'
5. In 'Corner Options' set 'Rounded'
6. Create a Text Frame
7. Fill Text Frame with placeholder text
8. Apply Object Style to Text Frame
Result: unequal inset spacing is ignored.
If you apply unequal inset spacing manually there are no problems — unless you apply a corner rounding greater than 6mm, at which point unequal spacing is ignored.
I've attached an InDesign file which demonstrates all of this.
As an addendum to this: object styles seem quite buggy generally. For example, if you set an initial paragraph style and select 'apply next' then later edit the paragraph style, the text frame doesn't always display the changes.