Bug details

Indesign Crashes Every time I Attempt to Change the Font With Arrow Keys

This just started happening this week. Every time I highlight my text, click on the font box, and attempt to cycle through fonts with my up and down arrow keys, Indesign freezes until I have to force it to quit.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please submit the crash report to us.
(Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
• Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
• Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J.L. Mankin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. My software is up-to-date as well. The software freezes every time I go to the task bar, or to the text window and attempt to change the font. It just buckles it. It is making it impossible to do my work. Please get this corrected.

• Mark Shain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue and am running 14.0.2 on a Mac. Often when I make a font change the program freezes. It's a productivity pain.

When are you going to REALLY address this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same issue as many others. Why can't Adobe get their **** together. Some of the Free apps are becoming much easier to use, less defects, and cost nothing... come on Adobe.

• Eric Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just updated to 14.0.2 and I'm still having the problem. As Christina Haugen reported, these are the steps to reproduce the problem:

Select text box
    Open Character Panel
    Click on font name
    Press down/up arrow

I just tested it in a blank document, so it does not appear to be related to a specific document or asset.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.12.6.

• krzysiek urbanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

omg how i hate you adobe. i'm just foced to use your apps via this ridiculous cloud service with all your miserable attemtpts to force some new unnecesary features and updates. CC is unstable, low, laggy and I really believe affinity will beat you!

can you start a service with cheap cloud without updates? like give us a 20 dollars a month and we will give you indd photshop and illustrator without our updates. call it stable cloud. **** the creativity. You would have like tons of clients for this!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem is still occurring with the new update. I literally can't work with InDesign like this. Can you please fix this or give an update on this bug?

Thanks in advance

• Christina Haugen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have latest update available and still having this issue, going on MONTHS now. Very frustrating as a designer to not be able to change fonts quickly (currently having to scroll through hundreds of fonts to get to fonts manually).

Steps:
    Select text box
    Open Character Panel
    Click on font name
    Press down/up arrow

OR Press letter for font name (normally this would bring up the font I usually use for most things, ROB = Roboto, but now it only lets me press RO and brings up Roadway)
    Press down arrow to get to Roboto

Freeze.

Every time Ive looked this up I see the reply that you have a solution for this but it is still happening!

• Lucie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, same problem, if I avoid using arrow keys to browse through fonts, is it going to be ok???? Cant get any work done like this :(

• Sanyam Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please submit the crash report to us.
    (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
    • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

Feedback and Knowledge Base