InDesign Performance issue: Lag in reflowing of text in a document with large number of footnotes
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
Reflowing Bug when Resizing Text Box with Footnotes. As you can see in the video, the following page turns blank when I resize a text box to fit more content. Also, every I do this, the lag is noticeable. I tried with InDesign CC2018 and its more responsive.
The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can download the latest available build (220.127.116.11) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.
Adobe InDesign team