Bug details

Distorted Text and Graphics in high sierra

When opening a previously created file, I noticed small visual artifacts in the rendering of vector graphics in the file. As I zoomed in to inspect it, the artifacts began jumping all over the place, and as I zoomed in further, text on the page began presenting the same behavior.

Using InDesign 2017.1, Build 12.1.0.56 on a 2016 Macbook Pro (2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM), running macOS High Sierra 10.13.

189 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jesse Couch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Closed: Fixed  ·  Sumit Garg responded  · 

This is a macOS10.13 issue, specific for some Intel GPU cards. Apple has fixed(partially) this issue inside macOS10.13.4 released build.

Following are the workaround for resolving this issue.
1) Update your mac machine to latest macOS10.13.4. Here, Apple has fixed this issue to some extent. You will face very less number of rendering issues.
2) Disable GPU preview and set display performance as typical.

Once you have updated to macOS10.13.4 .You might still face some rendering issues. Since, Apple has not fixed this issue completely.
Please switch off GPU rendering for these cases and report a separate post for tracking.

200 comments

Comments are closed
  • solmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here for 4 months - I cannot work properly at all - please give some information

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do something about this - it is not possible to work like this! Why dose it take so long? :( I'm earning my money with it - an I also give you money every month for using the program - can I get a discount? Because it is not really usable!?

• Pierre Zilch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. When using the GPU Mode all of the top issues appearing as well. Changing to CPU Mode is working properly. I‘m working on a MacBook Pro 13“ 2017 as well. Made some photos if needed.

This post was written October 5, its now February 24th AND STILL NOT FIXED, it's ridiculous!!!

• Lucas Bares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. MBP (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB) with High Sierra (10.13.3).

I also experience problems in Photoshop.

• Aus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having the same issue.
    Mackbook pro with touchbar
    13inch
    macOs High Sierra (10.13.3)
    intel iris plus graphics 650 1536mb

Hi there!
    I'm also having the same problem and cannot do my work. Please prioritise this glitch and solve it ASAP. According to the above, the problem has been known for over 4 months now.
    Thank you.

The waiting is over, I quit/cancel my subscription... You cannot work with Adobe-Vector-Software anymore...

• Maddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major problem. Have just bought a new MacBook Pro 2017 and seriously disappointed. I cannot work properly with these glitches.

• Kelly Carns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the distorted text and graphics in Mac High Sierra too. I have a brand new MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017 with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB. Please give us an update on a fix.

Hello, I am having this problem too - please may we have an update - no response from the team sim October 2017!

• Joe Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem too, I have turned GPU performance off, which has fixed the grey artefacts and text rendering problems, however, the program has become very slow because of it. Don't expect this from Adobe or Apple considering the price of there products.

High Sierra - 10.13.2 (17C88)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Aha, just got a mail from an Adobe Indesign employee, asking for my Packaged InDesign files. Albeit slow, glad that they are starting to listen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base